Hate and Rage-- What's the difference?

Can one part of the brain, over run the others? Yes, absolutely.

I am very interested in animal behavior, and human's are animals, so much of it can apply. Most of what we see as negative emotion, is some form of arousal. Anger is arousal and as long as it's proportionate and appropriate to the situation - it's normal. In fact, it is even beneficial because it can spur one to some sort of action. Fear can often be confused with anger or come out as anger - one easy example, your kid does something incredibly stupid/dangerous and you're scared he could have killed himself, relieved that he is ok, and expressing it in anger.

As an emotion - a person or animal can be angry but still able to learn, to process information. Rage is what happens at the far extreme of the spectrum. With rage, there is no control, the body and brain are flooded with "flight or fight" hormones and learning/processing information is impossible at that moment.

I think anger is a healthy emotion, but rage is not.
It's like anxiety - a certain amount of anxiety is beneficial, it spurs us to better efforts, keeps us aware of what might be dangerous, but at it's extreme end, it can be crippling and disfunctional.

For me, rage has only occurred where there is a high level of emotional involvement in something. I haven't felt rage in years, mainly because there are few circumstances in my life anymore that provoke it.

I think it would be pretty miserable to experience rage on a regular basis.

Seriously, who wants to be around people filled with hate and rage?

I mean, have you ever seen a Trump rally?

Scary stuff!

And that's just the Hillary supporters with their Mexican flags outside......

SL and Tilly get angry when you post off topic, and several of your recent postings have been off topic.

Try to stay on the topic of hate and rage please.

Thank you.

Seriously, who wants to be around people filled with hate and rage?

I mean, have you ever seen a Trump rally?

Scary stuff!

And that's just the Hillary supporters with their Mexican flags outside......

SL and Tilly get angry when you post off topic, and several of your recent postings have been off topic.

Try to stay on the topic of hate and rage please.

Thank you.

LOL

You've appointed yourself hall monitor?

I think people would be a lot happier if they let go of their rage. For instance, I recently inadvertently triggered someone's rage by not responding to a post quickly enough to suit them.

What purpose does that rage serve the rager?

I think people would be a lot happier if they let go of their rage. For instance, I recently inadvertently triggered someone's rage by not responding to a post quickly enough to suit them.

What purpose does that rage serve the rager?

Rage in the condition of all out fight. Where fear is subverted and maximum damage unleashed.

As someone else noted, we are ultimately animals.

Yeah, we are animals of a sort but we are able to imagine our futures in a way that no other animal can that I know of.

Forum List

Back