Keep Your Kids Away From Psychologists

It all depends on circumstances and the counselor, some are very good...some should be banned from ever being around a child

I've had ONE decent counselor - but the key really in counseling is the desire to change (for adults)
For children, it's more behavior modification.

Overall, I have found them to be pretty lame - not good at their profession.

Restriction from activities most enjoyed by your child is the BEST way to discipline your child.

I've had ONE decent counselor - but the key really in counseling is the desire to change (for adults)

Restriction from activities most enjoyed by your child is the BEST way to discipline your child.

it used to be the tv

but now a days its the internet

we dont even have to pull the plug with the grandson

just the mention of it and he gets back on the ball

--LOL

A spank on the bottom works well, I think, before the kid reaches the age of reason. For really serious stuff, immediately following the naughtiness. Two and three year olds in time out? I don't know if they get it. Anyone here tried it at those ages?

Kids are much more traumatized if you take away games, TV, toys etc.

Of course, it often traumatizes the parents too which is why they don't do it or enforce it. (Lazy!)

A spank on the bottom works well, I think, before the kid reaches the age of reason. For really serious stuff, immediately following the naughtiness. Two and three year olds in time out? I don't know if they get it. Anyone here tried it at those ages?

with my kids they only got swatted at a very young age and only for fairly hazardous behavior

like fcking with the wall sockets and such

i have seen time out used on 2 and 3 year olds doesnt seem to do much

then to aggravate the situation even more

Of course, it often traumatizes the parents too which is why they don't do it or enforce it. (Lazy!)

it was an easy solution here

grandma holds all the password accesses to the internet and the play stations

Think about it.

If someone told me, I'm going to smack you in the face really hard OR, you can't watch the TV or go on the computer for a week, guess what.
I'll take a smack in the face.

Think about it.

If someone told me, I'm going to smack you in the face really hard OR, you can't watch the TV or go on the computer for a week, guess what.

my dad used to hand us a knife and then send you out back and wonder the forest

to think about it and

to find the right branch to bring back to hit you with

--LOL

Some people need more discipline than others.
I'm not going to say what is right or wrong; but if you can't control yourself and are self destructive, more serious forms of consequences may be necessary.

Too many people with too many different personalities, issues etc. to have 1 formula for all.

I used to think to myself, "Why oh why did I do that?" after grounding my tweener for a week. More punishment for me than him.

Think about it.

to think about it and

--LOL
I'm told my grandfather used that tactic until his next-to-youngest said "Are you crazy?" Young people these days, huh?

Some people need more discipline than others.
I'm not going to say what is right or wrong; but if you can't control yourself and are self destructive, more serious forms of consequences may be necessary.

Too many people with too many different personalities, issues etc. to have 1 formula for all.
That's absolutely true. Some kids are really keyed in to wanting to please. Some kids are on their own trajectory. Mine had ADHD and he learned quite late how to martial his own frustrations. But they have to learn how to muster that self control or all is lost.

I've been seeing shrinks since I was a kid....through all the counseling and pills the one thing I have found that works the best...Get a hobby...

I would take away all games systems, computers and toys...I didn't care if they cried...

Think about it.

to think about it and

--LOL
I'm told my grandfather used that tactic until his next-to-youngest said "Are you crazy?" Young people these days, huh?

we had a great deal of respect for our parents as kids and adults for that matter

as they got old we kept them home

they both avoided the nursing home

Forum List

Back