Hate and Rage-- What's the difference?

I mean there is a reason it's called "Fight or Flight". It's not just fear.

Ya'll are flaming outside of the FZ, priceless.
Please don't bring the FZ into this thread. Address the topic or please go back to the basement. Thanx.
I addressed it earlier in the thread and wasn't taken seriously.

You responded twice to my post with basically the same warning.

This is not a flame: is that a sign of suppressed rage?
Please quit going off topic or leave this thread. Thanx.

Your comment is off topic. The topic is hate and rage.

Is hate unhealthy? | CJOnline.com

When a child is abused, they may inwardly rage at the abuse, but isn't safe to express it. The idea that the emotion of rage should ALWAYS be suppressed is wrong.

Rage and anger aren't "rational", they are strong emotions from an old, survival part of the brain. Stop bringing your FZ presumptions into the thread and we can have an interesting discussion,"Ravi".
Anger is rational. Rage is not. Not sure what your last sentence had to do with the discussion.
Rage can be appropriate. It's what kicks in and allows you to fight for your life, when attacked by a tiger.
Incorrect. You'd have better luck trying to escape or trying to play with the tiger. Sometimes predators play with their prey. Sometimes prey can escape predators. Fighting a tiger would be irrational but it is not caused by rage.

When a child is abused, they may inwardly rage at the abuse, but isn't safe to express it. The idea that the emotion of rage should ALWAYS be suppressed is wrong.

The rage solves NOTHING. Talking to a counselor or law enforcement officer might.

Anger is rational. Rage is not. Not sure what your last sentence had to do with the discussion.

Anger can be irrational as well, but in general that definition works.
It can be irrational but that would make it rage.

I guess I am thinking about situations where you are being mad at someone, but in reality are mad at yourself. No violent outburst, just being short with people. Rage has an element of excessive emotional release correct?
I've never heard of anyone being enraged against themself.

Interestingly, inappropriate and/or excessive anger is associated with a great many mental health issues, ie ADD, personality disorders, particularly narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) and, of course, depression.
The problem of rage, hatred and anger is suppressing it, labelling it always negative and turning it inward. The idea that it's ALWAYS inappropriate to be angry.

Anger is a basic emotion. It's energy. In Buddhist teachings it's a form of wisdom.

The idea is to subordinate uncontrollable emotions like rage in a rational way, not to let them run wild. There is nothing wrong with bottling it up for a day or two then letting it out in a controlled manner. It's like running outside to free a big wet colon sneeze.

Kids need to be taught how to identify and control their emotions, not how to blow off steam. Dhara is 100% wrong here.

Just my opinion here, but I think rage is healthy entitlement. Think of a baby unable to express himself in words, what does he do? He cries, and his face gets beet red.

When did we think that it's NEVER ok to be angry?

Is hate and rage the same emotion as anger? Is it on a continuum?

In my opinion, reclaiming basic emotions like rage keep them from becoming monstrous.

Hate is smouldering embers. Rage is an open flame.

Forum List

Back