Hate and Rage-- What's the difference?

What I am trying to suggest here, is that it's NOT helpful, in all cases, to tell someone "your anger or rage is a "choice". Some people's brain's are literally hijacked by a flooding of neurochemicals in trauma.

For people who have PTSD, it then becomes important for the person who has experienced the trauma to learn to differentiate what is real, and what is merely relived or triggered trauma response. I don't doubt that you have issues with rage. But, you blame your rage on people on the internet, rather than taking ownership of what is, in fact, your response, and choosing a different response. Perhaps you don't have that level of control yet, but if that's the case, you have been working on this for literally years, and not making progress. Perhaps you need a different treatment modality.
Doesn't seem to have worked for you. Perhaps you also need a different treatment?

I haven't been enraged for a couple of years...basically since I stopped dealing with my ex husband. If you think I am experiencing rage at any point on this forum, that is a massive projection on your part.

What I am trying to suggest here, is that it's NOT helpful, in all cases, to tell someone "your anger or rage is a "choice". Some people's brain's are literally hijacked by a flooding of neurochemicals in trauma.

For people who have PTSD, it then becomes important for the person who has experienced the trauma to learn to differentiate what is real, and what is merely relived or triggered trauma response. I don't doubt that you have issues with rage. But, you blame your rage on people on the internet, rather than taking ownership of what is, in fact, your response, and choosing a different response. Perhaps you don't have that level of control yet, but if that's the case, you have been working on this for literally years, and not making progress. Perhaps you need a different treatment modality.
Doesn't seem to have worked for you. Perhaps you also need a different treatment?
I think we have to be careful to not be "armchair therapists". None of us really know each other all that well

I think we have to be careful to not be "armchair therapists". None of us really know each other all that well
True, but it's really easy to spot the miserable, frustrated, enraged peeps by their posts.

True, but it's really easy to spot the miserable, frustrated, enraged peeps by their posts.
We can certainly spot the folks who want to cause trouble for others. That's easy enough to see. WHY they are like that is speculation.

Ya'll are flaming outside of the FZ, priceless.
No, we are discussing rage and how it manifests in life in general and even here. Feel free to address the topic or go away :)
I'm interested in this topic because I think when you come to have peace about whatever you feel it ceases to have power over you.

And hate and rage get bad raps. Dangerous hate and rage are suppressed to the point of explosion. Plenty of people claim they NEVER get angry, but all you have to do is look at how they treat themselves and others.

IMO, rage can arise from a healthy sense of entitlement. From respecting yourself enough to not be a doormat.

And hate and rage get bad raps. Dangerous hate and rage are suppressed to the point of explosion. Plenty of people claim they NEVER get angry, but all you have to do is look at how they treat themselves and others.

IMO, rage can arise from a healthy sense of entitlement. From respecting yourself enough to not be a doormat.
Suppressed anger and rage can have terrible consequences for health, both physical and psychological.

Please don't bring the FZ into this thread. Address the topic or please go back to the basement. Thanx.
I addressed it earlier in the thread and wasn't taken seriously.

You responded twice to my post with basically the same warning.

This is not a flame: is that a sign of suppressed rage?

Rage is uncontrolled anger, close as you are going to see that here is a good melt. Hate is a deep dislike for a person or group of people, it may or may not have some past reason for it. Maybe it is simply a representation of something close to what is hated. Displacement of some type.

The difference in both is the person experiencing it has a choice. Something drives you to rage or hate? Can you come to peace with it and stick around that person or group? Do you need to be somewhere else?

In this space, your choices are not posting, posting and ignoring the comments, placing the person on ignore or letting the hate or rage spill out and take the consequences of that action.

Dang Tilly,

Suppressed anger and rage can have terrible consequences for health, both physical and psychological.
What I'm training in is a method of being with whatever emotions arise without labelling them "bad" or "wrong".

Please don't bring the FZ into this thread. Address the topic or please go back to the basement. Thanx.

Please quit going off topic or leave this thread. Thanx.

Your past makes taking your comments seriously a bit difficult Ravi. Unless you have had some life altering event in the last hour or so, I think we both know what you are doing here.

Rage is uncontrolled anger, close as you are going to see that here is a good melt. Hate is a deep dislike for a person or group of people, it may or may not have some past reason for it. Maybe it is simply a representation of something close to what is hated. Displacement of some type.

The difference in both is the person experiencing it has a choice. Something drives you to rage or hate? Can you come to peace with it and stick around that person or group? Do you need to be somewhere else?

In this space, your choices are not posting, posting and ignoring the comments, placing the person on ignore or letting the hate or rage spill out and take the consequences of that action.
I'm not addressing forum posting in my interest in discussing rage and anger.

I'm saying some rage is a mere normal biological and life protecting response to serious danger.

I'm thinking about the "heat" of rage and anger. Violence and damage come out of the coldness of hatred, IMO.

I'm not addressing forum posting in my interest in discussing rage and anger.

I'm saying some rage is a mere normal biological and life protecting response to serious danger.

Rage is rarely a life protecting action. Rational thought is abandoned and mistakes in judgment usually result.

Forum List

Back