Hate and Rage-- What's the difference?

Ya'll are flaming outside of the FZ, priceless.
Please don't bring the FZ into this thread. Address the topic or please go back to the basement. Thanx.
I addressed it earlier in the thread and wasn't taken seriously.

You responded twice to my post with basically the same warning.

This is not a flame: is that a sign of suppressed rage?
Please quit going off topic or leave this thread. Thanx.
That isn't off topic. The topic is hate and rage, amirite?

I am not sure why you are unwilling to have a rational discussion.

Your past makes taking your comments seriously a bit difficult Ravi. Unless you have had some life altering event in the last hour or so, I think we both know what you are doing here.
I would think making this thread about me is off topic.

Want to try again?

Rage and anger aren't "rational", they are strong emotions from an old, survival part of the brain. Stop bringing your FZ presumptions into the thread and we can have an interesting discussion,"Ravi".

Your past makes taking your comments seriously a bit difficult Ravi. Unless you have had some life altering event in the last hour or so, I think we both know what you are doing here.

The topic is "Hate and Rage," not Ravi.

Rage and anger aren't "rational", they are strong emotions from an old, survival part of the brain. Stop bringing your FZ presumptions into the thread and we can have an interesting discussion,"Ravi".
Anger is rational. Rage is not. Not sure what your last sentence had to do with the discussion.

Dang Tilly,

And hate and rage get bad raps. Dangerous hate and rage are suppressed to the point of explosion. Plenty of people claim they NEVER get angry, but all you have to do is look at how they treat themselves and others.

IMO, rage can arise from a healthy sense of entitlement. From respecting yourself enough to not be a doormat.
Suppressed anger and rage can have terrible consequences for health, both physical and psychological.
What I'm training in is a method of being with whatever emotions arise without labelling them "bad" or "wrong".

Emotions are generally a poor replacement for A PLAN to deal with life issues. Someone said their "rage" events ended when the Ex-hubby got booted. THAT is the alternative to "dealing with or absorbing" anger and rage. Parenting requires that anger get suppressed with A PLAN. .ALL of life issues are better approached with A PLAN based on reason to deal with the irritants.

Otherwise -- you are just reacting to the provocations and suppressing the more primal biological response. Don't try to dilute rage and anger. Deal with the sources of it and decrease your exposure to the irritants.

IMO -- that's worth more than 2 cents and a hissy fit. Or swallowing a hissy fit and doing nothing to steer clear of the NEXT one..

Expressing the rage or hate is not productive. It rarely reduces the original problem and often adds a whole new layer issues. As the object of rage or hate, you are unlikely to want to work at resolution in those circumstances.

Expressing the rage or hate is not productive. It rarely reduces the original problem and often adds a whole new layer issues. As the object of rage or hate, you are unlikely to want to work at resolution in those circumstances.
It depends.

Dang Tilly,

And hate and rage get bad raps. Dangerous hate and rage are suppressed to the point of explosion. Plenty of people claim they NEVER get angry, but all you have to do is look at how they treat themselves and others.

IMO, rage can arise from a healthy sense of entitlement. From respecting yourself enough to not be a doormat.
Suppressed anger and rage can have terrible consequences for health, both physical and psychological.
What I'm training in is a method of being with whatever emotions arise without labelling them "bad" or "wrong".

Emotions are generally a poor replacement for A PLAN to deal with life issues. Someone said their "rage" events ended when the Ex-hubby got booted. THAT is the alternative to "dealing with or absorbing" anger and rage. Parenting requires that anger get suppressed with A PLAN. .ALL of life issues are better approached with A PLAN based on reason to deal with the irritants.

Otherwise -- you are just reacting to the provocations and suppressing the more primal biological response. Don't try to dilute rage and anger. Deal with the sources of it and decrease your exposure to the irritants.

IMO -- that's worth more than 2 cents and a hissy fit. Or swallowing a hissy fit and doing nothing to steer clear of the NEXT one..

Pretty sure we have several "PLANS" working here. ;)

Anger is rational. Rage is not. Not sure what your last sentence had to do with the discussion.
Rage can be appropriate. It's what kicks in and allows you to fight for your life, when attacked by a tiger.

Anger can be irrational as well, but in general that definition works.
It can be irrational but that would make it rage.

I guess I am thinking about situations where you are being mad at someone, but in reality are mad at yourself. No violent outburst, just being short with people. Rage has an element of excessive emotional release correct?

Rage can be appropriate. It's what kicks in and allows you to fight for your life, when attacked by a tiger.

I think that is a fear response. Why would I rage at an animal doing exactly what it is meant to do?

Have you ever been to Burning Man, Dhara? I hear that they hold new age workshops on rage during the event.

I think that is a fear response. Why would I rage at an animal doing exactly what it is meant to do?
It's related to fear, but it's also the adrenaline that allows a woman to lift her car to get her baby out.

What I am trying to suggest here, is that it's NOT helpful, in all cases, to tell someone "your anger or rage is a "choice". Some people's brain's are literally hijacked by a flooding of neurochemicals in trauma.

For people who have PTSD, it then becomes important for the person who has experienced the trauma to learn to differentiate what is real, and what is merely relived or triggered trauma response. I don't doubt that you have issues with rage. But, you blame your rage on people on the internet, rather than taking ownership of what is, in fact, your response, and choosing a different response. Perhaps you don't have that level of control yet, but if that's the case, you have been working on this for literally years, and not making progress. Perhaps you need a different treatment modality.
Doesn't seem to have worked for you. Perhaps you also need a different treatment?

It appears you are more interested in personal attacks, than the subject of hate and rage.

Forum List

Back