Group Launches Campaign to Raise Awareness About Soaring National Debt

I don't have a problem with whoever is behind DestroyTheDebt.com making a profit. My concern is them educating the country on the debt and what it's coming effects are going to have on our economy, or what's left of it. That is, incidentally, what my OP was all about.

I would have much more enjoyed a debate with you about that. Now it's time for this guy to shut this machine off and turn in.

Well, a debate about that wouldn't be much fun - because we clearly agree on that part...

Goodnight, man.

;) See? Many people agree with the important things no matter what party they are part of, if they would just talk about it and forget their partisan lines.

Yep! I wish more people would realize that - people on the "other side" don't hate America, they don't wish for the country to fall apart, and they aren't evil. I'm sure that you're as much of a patriot as I am - and yet we disagree on what is best for this country. That's ok - it's more than ok. It's the definition of what makes this country great. People talk about "partisan politics" as a bad thing - and it is, when it comes to constantly toeing the party line - but this country was founded on opposing voices.

How about BECAUSE OUR TIME HAS RUN OUT?

Ever hear the old adage, "it's better late than NEVER?"

How bout because we have a Democrat President?

Well fuck me they are only twenty plus years and three Republican Presidents too late!
Sorry, but you're going to have to find another PARTISAN FOOL to play that shit with... K? B'bye... :eusa_hand:

Yeah cuz REPUBLICAN debt just ain't as bad as Democrat debt!!! Talk about a partisan hack. HOLY FUCK!!

The problem is with the OP having a picture of Obama morphing into a DEMON then you see that he doesn't care about the debt so much as he hates OBAMA!! Just like the tea baggers walking around with sings that had NOTHING to do with the debt......I wonder WHY these "patriots" didn't protes all of Bush's spending.

How bout because we have a Democrat President?

Well fuck me they are only twenty plus years and three Republican Presidents too late!
Sorry, but you're going to have to find another PARTISAN FOOL to play that shit with... K? B'bye... :eusa_hand:

Yeah cuz REPUBLICAN debt just ain't as bad as Democrat debt!!! Talk about a partisan hack. HOLY FUCK!!
since the purse strings are in the hands of congress more so than POTUS, i would be pointing the fault finger there

but i agree that this groups seems to be nothing but a partisan sour grapes group

Group Launches Campaign to Raise Awareness About Soaring National Debt

The Employment Policies Institute has launched a costly, multimedia campaign to educate the public about the consequences of America's $11 trillion debt, and urge the country to reverse course.

A nonprofit advocacy group has launched a multimillion-dollar campaign to raise awareness about America's soaring federal debt.

The multimedia campaign is trying to hammer its message on all fronts. It includes a Web site -- Defeatthedebt.com, which features a rolling odometer showing the red ink at over $11 trillion -- and a startling new TV ad. The ad shows school children pledging allegiance to the national debt.

"And to the Chinese government that lends us money, and to the interest, for which we pay, compoundable, with higher taxes and lower pay until the day we die," the school children in the ad say.

Organizers say it's a critical educational campaign to inform the public of the real-world consequences of owing so much on the national credit card.

Group Launches Campaign to Raise Awareness About Soaring National Debt - Political News - FOXNews.com

Are you still worried about the debt? If not why not?

Forum List

Back