Group Launches Campaign to Raise Awareness About Soaring National Debt

I sound like a politician because people like me are the ones who write what politicians say. Go back and read what I've posted - I've never said anything close to disagreeing with you. Isn't that how an argument works?

Well that explains that. I'm used to straight talk. That's what MOST Americans are used to. This double talk and hyperbole YOU write for politicians to spew simply doesn't cut it, and that is one of the big reasons why people don't TRUST politicians, and don't LIKE politicians.

Maybe you could learn something here.

Guess what? You've NEVER in your life heard a politician give you "straight talk". There is no such thing, when you're talking about politics. You think anyone on these boards is talking "straight talk"? Of course not. Everyone on these boards is arguing what they think is true, and ignoring everything else.

When was the last time that someone on these boards convinced you that you were wrong and they were right? Has anyone ever changed your opinion on anything, by arguing on these boards?

Absolutely! Yes indeed they have.

Are there partisans here just to spew their party line and spin? Oh you fuckin' A there is. But that does NOT mean that EVERYONE here is. There's a lot of DECENT PEOPLE here, some of which I've been chatting with for YEARS, and I know exactly where they're coming from, and I know I get "STRAIGHT TALK" from them. A good example of that would be our administrator, Marine veteran Gunny. I'll keel over dead in front of the computer the day I see Gunny talk anything BUT "straight talk." Like I said, "maybe you could learn something here." Like how to "TALK STRAIGHT."

Well that explains that. I'm used to straight talk. That's what MOST Americans are used to. This double talk and hyperbole YOU write for politicians to spew simply doesn't cut it, and that is one of the big reasons why people don't TRUST politicians, and don't LIKE politicians.

Maybe you could learn something here.

Guess what? You've NEVER in your life heard a politician give you "straight talk". There is no such thing, when you're talking about politics. You think anyone on these boards is talking "straight talk"? Of course not. Everyone on these boards is arguing what they think is true, and ignoring everything else.

When was the last time that someone on these boards convinced you that you were wrong and they were right? Has anyone ever changed your opinion on anything, by arguing on these boards?

Are there partisans here just to spew their party line and spin? Oh you fuckin' A there is. But that does NOT mean that EVERYONE here is. There's a lot of DECENT PEOPLE here, some of which I've been chatting with for YEARS, and I know exactly where they're coming from, and I know I get "STRAIGHT TALK" from them. A good example of that would be our administrator, Marine veteran Gunny. I'll keel over dead in front of the computer the day I see Gunny talk anything BUT "straight talk." Like I said, "maybe you could learn something here." Like how to "TALK STRAIGHT."

How do you define "straight talk", and what exactly about what I've posted is not "straight talk"?

No, we owe all our money and country to other countries ... plain, simple, truth. We are broke. No matter who says it, that's the truth.

So I guess the truth is propaganda... :eusa_eh:

Must be a "politician" thing. It's all starting to make sense.

Propaganda does not mean "lies".
Read the definition I posted.

It can also mean "rumors," which can be lies. So why did you chose to use the word propaganda?

How do you define "straight talk", and what exactly about what I've posted is not "straight talk"?

I define straight talk as cutting out all the fluff and parsing of words. Just get to the point. What is your point? Why are you having such a hard time trying to define your position to three people here? Shouldn't ONE of us know what you're talking about by now? Why don't we get it? You're coming from six different directions here and nobody knows where you stand. Are you demonizing the money behind this movement or not? Do you think the debt is something we can continue to ignore or not? Do you think it's a good idea to educate the people about the debt or not? See you could say all those things in ONE POST if you wanted, then no one would have to go four pages long wondering what your problem is.

THAT is straight talk.

Last edited:
Propaganda does not mean "lies".
Read the definition I posted.

It can also mean "rumors," which can be lies. So why did you chose to use the word propaganda?

Because that's what it is. You're the one attaching a negative connotation to the word.

No I'm not. I got it straight out of a dictionary...

prop⋅a⋅gan⋅da
  /ˌprɒpəˈgændə/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [prop-uh-gan-duh] Show IPA
Use propaganda in a Sentence
See web results for propaganda
See images of propaganda
–noun
1. information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.

Propaganda Definition | Definition of Propaganda at Dictionary.com

You're the one that chose to use that word. Obviously you wanted to use that word. It would give one the impression you don't think information disseminated about the debt is the truth.

Last edited:

I define straight talk as cutting out all the fluff and parsing of words. Just get to the point. What is your point? Why are you having such a hard time trying to define your position to three people here? Shouldn't ONE of us know what you're talking about by now? Why don't we? Get it? You're coming from six different directions here and nobody knows where you stand. Are you demonizing the money behind this movement or not? Do you think the debt is something we can continue to ignore or not? Do you think it's a good idea to educate the people about the debt or not? See you could say all those things in ONE POST if you wanted, then no one would have to go four pages long wondering what your problem is.

THAT is straight talk.

If anyone had bothered to ask me any of those questions, instead of just assuming the meaning of what I was saying, we could all have saved some time.

I'm not "demonizing" anything. We clearly can't ignore the debt anymore - it's a ticking time bomb. Of course I think its a good idea to educate people about the debt.

But the website DestroyTheDebt.com is NOT doing this with the intention of educating the people about the debt, their intention is to increase the profits of their partners. This is not a bad thing, it's not an "evil" thing, it is simply the truth.

I've said all of these things before, in this thread.

Because that's what it is. You're the one attaching a negative connotation to the word.

No I'm not. I got it straight out of a dictionary...

prop⋅a⋅gan⋅da
  /ˌprɒpəˈgændə/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [prop-uh-gan-duh] Show IPA
Use propaganda in a Sentence
See web results for propaganda
See images of propaganda
–noun
1. information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.

Propaganda Definition | Definition of Propaganda at Dictionary.com

You're the one that chose to use that word. Obviously you wanted to use that word. It would give one the impression you don't think information disseminated about the debt is the truth.

You can take whatever impression you like. I used the word in response to someone else bringing it up.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
If truth is propaganda just because someone benefits from it, then everything is propaganda, because someone benefits from every truth.

I define straight talk as cutting out all the fluff and parsing of words. Just get to the point. What is your point? Why are you having such a hard time trying to define your position to three people here? Shouldn't ONE of us know what you're talking about by now? Why don't we? Get it? You're coming from six different directions here and nobody knows where you stand. Are you demonizing the money behind this movement or not? Do you think the debt is something we can continue to ignore or not? Do you think it's a good idea to educate the people about the debt or not? See you could say all those things in ONE POST if you wanted, then no one would have to go four pages long wondering what your problem is.

THAT is straight talk.

If anyone had bothered to ask me any of those questions, instead of just assuming the meaning of what I was saying, we could all have saved some time.

I'm not "demonizing" anything. We clearly can't ignore the debt anymore - it's a ticking time bomb. Of course I think its a good idea to educate people about the debt.

But the website DestroyTheDebt.com is NOT doing this with the intention of educating the people about the debt, their intention is to increase the profits of their partners. This is not a bad thing, it's not an "evil" thing, it is simply the truth.

I don't have a problem with whoever is behind DestroyTheDebt.com making a profit. My concern is them educating the country on the debt and what it's coming effects are going to have on our economy, or what's left of it. That is, incidentally, what my OP was all about.

I would have much more enjoyed a debate with you about that. Now it's time for this guy to shut this machine off and turn in.

THAT is straight talk.

I don't have a problem with whoever is behind DestroyTheDebt.com making a profit. My concern is them educating the country on the debt and what it's coming effects are going to have on our economy, or what's left of it. That is, incidentally, what my OP was all about.

I would have much more enjoyed a debate with you about that. Now it's time for this guy to shut this machine off and turn in.

Well, a debate about that wouldn't be much fun - because we clearly agree on that part...

Goodnight, man.

Well, a debate about that wouldn't be much fun - because we clearly agree on that part...

Goodnight, man.

;) See? Many people agree with the important things no matter what party they are part of, if they would just talk about it and forget their partisan lines.

Forum List

Back