Group Launches Campaign to Raise Awareness About Soaring National Debt

Does the debt exist? Of course it does. Is that pretty much the biggest problem facing our economy right now? Of course. Is it propaganda, the way that they're doing it? Of course it is.

Wha... :wtf:

From Dictionary.com:

prop⋅a⋅gan⋅da
  /ˌprɒpəˈgændə/
–noun
1. information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.
2. the deliberate spreading of such information, rumors, etc.
3. the particular doctrines or principles propagated by an organization or movement.

I think you're mistaking my tone - I don't use the term "propaganda" as a pejorative - I use it as it's definition.

OK, let's just cut the crap and parsing of words, what is it you see about this, if anything, that's *BAD?*

You have concentrated on one thing and one thing only, the money behind it. Ok, we've heard it.

You have made ZERO COMMENTS on the good of this movement... why?

Have I made any comments on how this movement is "bad'? Don't read things that I never wrote. I agree with the campaign, and I've said that a number of times in this thread already.
So... then... you're just arguing because you're a politician?

Not quite a politician. I only work for them.

But what you're not understanding is that I'm not arguing - YOU are arguing with me. We've essentially been agreeing all along.

Have I made any comments on how this movement is "bad'? Don't read things that I never wrote. I agree with the campaign, and I've said that a number of times in this thread already.

But what you're not understanding is that I'm not arguing - YOU are arguing with me. We've essentially been agreeing all along.

Oh... OK... I'm arguing and you're agreeing. Well you sure sound like a politician even if you say you're not one. Possibly you suffer from prolonged exposure. Takes TWO to argue.

Last edited:

From Dictionary.com:

prop⋅a⋅gan⋅da
  /ˌprɒpəˈgændə/
–noun
1. information, ideas, or rumors deliberately spread widely to help or harm a person, group, movement, institution, nation, etc.
3. the particular doctrines or principles propagated by an organization or movement.

I think you're mistaking my tone - I don't use the term "propaganda" as a pejorative - I use it as it's definition.

OK, let's just cut the crap and parsing of words, what is it you see about this, if anything, that's *BAD?*

I think that's what you've been missing. I never said any of this was "Bad". You just assumed that I was. It's not bad or good - it's just the way things work.

Oh... OK... I'm arguing and you're agreeing. Well you sure sound like a politician even if you say you're not one. Possibly you suffer from prolonged exposure.

I sound like a politician because people like me are the ones who write what politicians say. Go back and read what I've posted - I've never said anything close to disagreeing with you. Isn't that how an argument works?

Last edited:
From Dictionary.com:

prop⋅a⋅gan⋅da
  /ˌprɒpəˈgændə/
–noun

I think that's what you've been missing. I never said any of this was "Bad". You just assumed that I was. It's not bad or good - it's just the way things work.

You claimed it was propaganda-----our debt IS NOT propaganda.

You claimed it was propaganda-----our debt IS NOT propaganda.

I did no such thing.

I said that the website in question, DestroyTheDebt.com is propaganda.

Oh... OK... I'm arguing and you're agreeing. Well you sure sound like a politician even if you say you're not one. Possibly you suffer from prolonged exposure.

I sound like a politician because people like me are the ones who write what politicians say. Go back and read what I've posted - I've never said anything close to disagreeing with you. Isn't that how an argument works?

Well that explains that. I'm used to straight talk. That's what MOST Americans are used to. This double talk and hyperbole YOU write for politicians to spew simply doesn't cut it, and that is one of the big reasons why people don't TRUST politicians, and don't LIKE politicians.

Maybe you could learn something here.

Wow ... so now pointing out the debt is propaganda?

Then what is honesty now, ignoring the debt?

Are you being intentionally disingenuous, or are you just not reading my posts?

No, we owe all our money and country to other countries ... plain, simple, truth. We are broke. No matter who says it, that's the truth.

So I guess the truth is propaganda... :eusa_eh:

Must be a "politician" thing. It's all starting to make sense.

Last edited:

Well that explains that. I'm used to straight talk. That's what MOST Americans are used to. This double talk and hyperbole YOU write for politicians to spew simply doesn't cut it, and that is one of the big reasons why people don't TRUST politicians, and don't LIKE politicians.

Maybe you could learn something here.

Guess what? You've NEVER in your life heard a politician give you "straight talk". There is no such thing, when you're talking about politics. You think anyone on these boards is talking "straight talk"? Of course not. Everyone on these boards is arguing what they think is true, and ignoring everything else.

When was the last time that someone on these boards convinced you that you were wrong and they were right? Has anyone ever changed your opinion on anything, by arguing on these boards?

No, we owe all our money and country to other countries ... plain, simple, truth. We are broke. No matter who says it, that's the truth.

So I guess the truth is propaganda... :eusa_eh:

I guess it's evil to use the truth if you benefit from it. :doubt:

Maybe you should take a break, and re-read my posts.

I NEVER said anything was "evil" or "wrong" or "bad" or anything close to that. In fact, I've now said a number of times, I agree with the website, our national debt is completely out of control.

Forum List

Back