Greetings from Zimbabwe

Thethinkingman I read that whites are less than 1% of the population of Zimbabwe

Yet, 6,000 white commercial farmers own 45% of the land,

Do you think there needs to be a peaceful and logical redistribution of the land?

Thethinkingman I read that whites are less than 1% of the population of Zimbabwe

Yet, 6,000 white commercial farmers own 45% of the land,

Do you think there needs to be a peaceful and logical redistribution of the land?

Yes indeed, and they employed 300 000 people, produced 30% of GDP and exports and supplied about 40% of industry with raw materials.

The white farmers , the UK and the EU put forward several fully funded schemes that would have reduced poverty , increased output and moved many black Zimbabweans out of subsistence farming into commercial agriculture without negatively affecting food security and exports and employment.

These were all rejected by Mugabe.

When Mugabe lost, for the first time ever, a referendum with which he had hoped to increase his power he decided to smash commercial agriculture. He identified that the white farmers and their large labor force supported the social democrats in the opposition MDC and so destroyed this entire threat by taking the farms and dishing it out to supporters.

The logical process put forward by the international western democracies and the very patriotic white farmers did not serve Mugabe's political objectives.

We had in 2000 a GDP of US$620 a head, today it is US$200 per head and that is after 3m out of 12m people have left the country.

There is no doubt that land reform was a necessity but now the land is all state land and no individual can own farm land. No title deeds or any other form of secure tenure and so no collateral for advances for crop inputs or infrastructural development. The land cannot be pledged, sold or bequeathed and if the party decides you must go then you have 90 days to get off the land.

This is not really about black and white , it is about rational laws leading to development and sustainable growth. Mugabe has portrayed it as a racial re-balancing on the spurious grounds that the land was stolen by whites. The truth is over 80% of these farms were bought after Independence in 1980 and the government stated that it had no interest in the land and took a tax on each sale.

The land grab has destroyed a great deal because it was done for political, not social or economic , reasons.

Thethinkingman do the blacks have a legitimate complaint against whites in Zimbabwe?

Yes indeed whites here are quite stand-offish in many respects and Rhodesia was definitely structured along racial lines. After independence whites just pulled back even more and got on with making a living without really integrating.

The whites don't like the black culture which is largely backward looking towards ancestor worship. Women are treated like possessions and are dealt with cruelly and sold into marriage and young girls are frequently raped as a cure for AIDS. There is a huge beleif in witchcraft to the extent that most of our cabinet were convinced that a witch doctor was able to produce diesel out of a mountain rock.

I will say that we all have had good experiences with black people on a one on one basis and there are many strong friendships within our society.

The whites have an unfortunate proclivity of calling incompetence and lying when they encounter it and that makes us very unpopular because incompetence driven by corruption is widespread and the lying is done on an industrial scale by our politicians. The black people accept this as being OK so there is a great deal of tension as a consequence.

We had a very nasty war in the 60's and 70's and that also hardened attitudes on both sides.

I guess whites just wanted to be left alone to get on with making a living and a life without privilege or interference.

Thethinkingman do the blacks have a legitimate complaint against whites in Zimbabwe?

Yes indeed whites here are quite stand-offish in many respects and Rhodesia was definitely structured along racial lines. After independence whites just pulled back even more and got on with making a living without really integrating.

The whites don't like the black culture which is largely backward looking towards ancestor worship. Women are treated like possessions and are dealt with cruelly and sold into marriage and young girls are frequently raped as a cure for AIDS. There is a huge beleif in witchcraft to the extent that most of our cabinet were convinced that a witch doctor was able to produce diesel out of a mountain rock.

I will say that we all have had good experiences with black people on a one on one basis and there are many strong friendships within our society.

The whites have an unfortunate proclivity of calling incompetence and lying when they encounter it and that makes us very unpopular because incompetence driven by corruption is widespread and the lying is done on an industrial scale by our politicians. The black people accept this as being OK so there is a great deal of tension as a consequence.

We had a very nasty war in the 60's and 70's and that also hardened attitudes on both sides.

I guess whites just wanted to be left alone to get on with making a living and a life without privilege or interference.

U are a couragous man my friend!

Thank you for sharing. I hope you will come back and make a contribution to the forums. I believe you could share a lot of valuable insight with us.

God bless and hope you are well!

Typical zionist response to every subject:

"Work Israel into the conversation and then claim anti-semitism"

GHook, we would all like to hear his point of view about Zimbabwe and it's political situation.

Not the same old tripe about Israel and how the jews are being picked on by everyone.

Give it a rest :evil:

Go fuck yourself Sunni! This is the first time you have ever wanted to discuss the Racist policies of Zimbabwe systematically taking PRIVATE PROPERTY, allowing whites to be raped and murdered with no recourse and not allowing their minorities (their "*******") to start businesses, get jobs or work in the government! Zimbabwe is by far one of the most repressive on the planet, yet a bigot like you will focus your bigotry and blind hatred on one country that need not be named!

Private property often acquired by less than legal means.

Ok, not quite sure what you're saying here...whites wanted to be left alone to get on with making a life without privilege or interference? You mean for blacks?

Believe me when I say Middle America (that's the majority..those of us who have brown children, grandchildren, in laws, and such) want privilege for all our projeny.

Despite what the leftoid media may feed you. Don't believe all you read. We really are a country of tolerance and equal opportunity for all.

Including Zimbabweans. Zimbabweites. I don't know the correct name you call yourself, but I welcome you to the forum and to the country. So long as you come here legally and pass a background check.

Welcome.

I'm not sure how tight censorship is in Zimbabwe but from the way you're describing it you're taking a risk posting here.

Greetings from Zimbabwe 11-26-2009 12:22 AM AllieBaba You're an idiot. But I'm pos repping you anyway.

Take your condescending support and shove it up your ass. I don't need it, or you for that matter.

I'm negging you. Fuck you and die AllieBaba, worthless ****.

Last edited:
Welcome.

I'm not sure how tight censorship is in Zimbabwe but from the way you're describing it you're taking a risk posting here.

Greetings from Zimbabwe 11-26-2009 12:22 AM AllieBaba You're an idiot. But I'm pos repping you anyway.

Take your condescending support and shove it up your ass. I don't need it, or you for that matter.

Side, I'm disappointed in your use of offensive language. I thought you were intelligent enough to insult people without that.

Welcome.

Side, I'm disappointed in your use of offensive language. I thought you were intelligent enough to insult people without that.

I need to have at least a small degree of respect for someone in order to justify any kind of witty retort. AllieBaba isn't worth anything else.

I need to have at least a small degree of respect for someone in order to justify any kind of witty retort. AllieBaba isn't worth anything else.

That's as may be, but.... I contend that you are better than that, side. We are often on different sides of the political spectrum but resorting to that word is not necessary for someone of your caliber.

That's as may be, but.... I contend that you are better than that, side. We are often on different sides of the political spectrum but resorting to that word is not necessary for someone of your caliber.

I'm sorry to disappoint but I'm not going to sully myself by addressing AllieBaba with any kind of unwarranted finesse.

Robert Mugabe looks like some freak Prune-Man hybrid from the island of Doctor Moreau.

I would post a picture to confirm my startling revelation but I am too drunk and lazy.

I guess if I owned the vast majority of a land's wealth, I'd just want to be left alone to live in peace (now that I owed so much because of the violent takeover of it from its original inhabitant in the past), too.

I'm not trying to justify Mogobi's actions, but speaking of how the poor oppressed Whites just wat to live in affluent peace is a bit much, too, don't you think?

It completely ignores the history of the place.

It rather pretends that you nation's history started AFTER the fall of Rhodesia, doesn't it?

Mugabe supported the white farmers for over 20 years after taking power, he only turned on them when he so fucked up the country that many black people reliased that Mubabe was the prune faced fuck head he is and so he used the white farmers as scapegoats.

In the process he turned Zimbabwe from a food exporter into an impoverished , starving hell hole.

Last edited:

You should respect all women just for existing. We would not be here without them. With no men and a stockpile of frozen sperm, they cold survive. With no women and a stockpile of frozen eggs, men would die off in one generation.

You should respect all women just for existing. We would not be here without them. With no men and a stockpile of frozen sperm, they cold survive. With no women and a stockpile of frozen eggs, men would die off in one generation.

I don't consider any one individual to represent an entire gender. That's like arguing I might hate myself if I called Mal a dick. No, I just think Mal is a dickhead...

And since today happens to be Thanksgiving, here's my thanks for your rep... Counter neg'd.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back