Govt: "Run it like a business"??? WHY???

I couldn't read more than 2 sentences of the OP. It starts stupid then it gets worse.

Get out from Mom's basement, get out in the real world. Your hero Obama called it "behind enemy lines"

Seems some want to live under nothing but a strict interpretation of the Constitution. Nothing, literally nothing, more than that.

Ok. Lets start listing the things we're gonna lose:

Social Security
Medicaid
Local Police
State Police
County Police
All fire departments
Public schools
DMV's
Federal highways
State highways
City roads
County roads
State parks
City parks
Federal parks
Pollution regulation
Animal shelters

The list could keep going........but the Army and well regulated militia better get ready, because being the only allowable services of the Constitution, they are gonna have a lot of work to do.

Last edited:
I couldn't read more than 2 sentences of the OP. It starts stupid then it gets worse.

Get out from Mom's basement, get out in the real world. Your hero Obama called it "behind enemy lines"

I worked in the real world. You probably have no clue.

businesses are run to produce profit

governments are run to produce service

remembering these facts, let's start the discussion again

Please show me where in the constitution it says that the governments purpose it to provide services.

LOL. Here we go again.

Where in the constitution does it say we need military bases all over the world, nuclear weapons , etc...

Oh Jesus Christ... it is not going to lay out every base needed for national defense.... you can argue all you want whether we SHOULD have a base in South Korea or Turkey, but the federal government is indeed constitutionally charged with national defense... the government is NOT constitutionally charged to take care of individual needs of individual citizens

Dude I have lived in my new home for four years now. It's on a side street that gets very little traffic. There is NO EXCUSE for repaving it 3 times since I moved in. The fucking street is so smooth it has kids on skateboards on it constantly.

You just don't seem to get it. They have x amount of dollars in the bank. Rather than lowering our local taxes they take the excess funds every year and blow it on busy work for govt employees.

I just don't think you're smart enough to understand shit and the dems dumb down something to your level and you fall for it.

"Those darn teenagers on their dad gum skateboards!!!!"

I'm smart enough to know that if your side street came under a crime wave you'd demand something be done. By someone. If there was a wild fire in woods near your home, you'd demand someone do something to stop it. If a storm blew a huge oak over the street, you'd be calling 911 to get "somebody out here to move it".

Would it be nice if KC gave that excess fund back in a rebate check? Yes, it would. Do you know that there is about a 99.9% KC is getting those paving funds from THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT? Yep. Most states and cities get most of their money for roads from the Feds, through grants that are given in exchange for local cops enforcing speed and seat belt laws on federal highways and interstates. KC has to spend that money, on roads, or they dont get it next year. If they dont get it next year, they may not have it when a problem does occur.

You dont seem to have experience working inside a government. And that said, I absolutely acknowledge that there is too much red tape, like KC having to spend that money on roads and not being able to send it back, or rebate it.

But a taxpayer bitching that his roads are too smooth is just........well, hard to put into words.

I worked as a general contractor for 7 years for the ACOE. I've seen and even been the recipient of govt waste. It is you who doesn't have a clue. I would just be out of one ghetto remodel starting the second building and get called back to fix shit the tenants tore up.
Then their was the insane requirements that drove costs of everything from material to labor through the roof.
I've worked on multiple military bases building new housing and the sheer amount of waste is mind boggling.

Yeah, it's you who is clueless

Seems some want to live under nothing but a strict interpretation of the Constitution. Nothing, literally nothing, more than that.

Ok. Lets start listing the things we're gonna lose:

Social Security
Medicaid
Local Police
State Police
County Police
All fire departments
Public schools
DMV's
Federal highways
State highways
City roads
County roads
State parks
City parks
Federal parks
Pollution regulation

The list could keep going........but the Army and well regulated militia better get ready, because being the only allowable services of the Constitution, they are gonna have a lot of work to do.

Do you NOT understand the difference between local and/or state government and the federal government?? Do you read your constitution at all?

Moron

businesses are run to produce profit

governments are run to produce service

remembering these facts, let's start the discussion again

Please show me where in the constitution it says that the governments purpose it to provide services.

LOL. Here we go again.

Where in the constitution does it say we need military bases all over the world, nuclear weapons , etc...

It does say provide for the common defense so part of that is justified but I agree we don't need to be able to blow up the world a hundred times over and we shouldn't have bases all over the world.

Dude I have lived in my new home for four years now. It's on a side street that gets very little traffic. There is NO EXCUSE for repaving it 3 times since I moved in. The fucking street is so smooth it has kids on skateboards on it constantly.

You just don't seem to get it. They have x amount of dollars in the bank. Rather than lowering our local taxes they take the excess funds every year and blow it on busy work for govt employees.

I just don't think you're smart enough to understand shit and the dems dumb down something to your level and you fall for it.

"Those darn teenagers on their dad gum skateboards!!!!"

I'm smart enough to know that if your side street came under a crime wave you'd demand something be done. By someone. If there was a wild fire in woods near your home, you'd demand someone do something to stop it. If a storm blew a huge oak over the street, you'd be calling 911 to get "somebody out here to move it".

Would it be nice if KC gave that excess fund back in a rebate check? Yes, it would. Do you know that there is about a 99.9% KC is getting those paving funds from THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT? Yep. Most states and cities get most of their money for roads from the Feds, through grants that are given in exchange for local cops enforcing speed and seat belt laws on federal highways and interstates. KC has to spend that money, on roads, or they dont get it next year. If they dont get it next year, they may not have it when a problem does occur.

You dont seem to have experience working inside a government. And that said, I absolutely acknowledge that there is too much red tape, like KC having to spend that money on roads and not being able to send it back, or rebate it.

But a taxpayer bitching that his roads are too smooth is just........well, hard to put into words.

I worked as a general contractor for 7 years for the ACOE. I've seen and even been the recipient of govt waste. It is you who doesn't have a clue. I would just be out of one ghetto remodel starting the second building and get called back to fix shit the tenants tore up.
Then their was the insane requirements that drove costs of everything from material to labor through the roof.
I've worked on multiple military bases building new housing and the sheer amount of waste is mind boggling.

Yeah, it's you who is clueless

Yep. 8 1/2 years on patrol in south ATL. I have no clue. You're right. Slash all govt. People will be fine.

LOL. Here we go again.

Oh Jesus Christ... it is not going to lay out every base needed for national defense.... you can argue all you want whether we SHOULD have a base in South Korea or Turkey, but the federal government is indeed constitutionally charged with national defense... the government is NOT constitutionally charged to take care of individual needs of individual citizens

Haha, so the defense part is to be considered general language but everything else must be explicit. How convenient.

You have no credibility. I know who you are you pulled this sane crap at hannity. And your posts have always been too long.

LOL. Here we go again.

Haha, so the defense part is to be considered general language but everything else must be explicit. How convenient.

So you expect every base, every new weapon, etc to be included in the text of the constitution?? No.... The fed is charged constitutionally with national defense and it goes thru order and legislation thru there...

BUT THE FED IS NOT CONSTITUTIONALLY CHARGED to take care of the individual wants and needs of individual citizens...

Big difference

LOL. Here we go again.

It does say provide for the common defense so part of that is justified but I agree we don't need to be able to blow up the world a hundred times over and we shouldn't have bases all over the world.

Right it does say for the common defense and general welfare.

LOL. Here we go again.

Yep. Kinda hard to "pursue happiness" these days if you dont have a road and bridge to drive to work on isn't it?

You have no credibility. I know who you are you pulled this sane crap at hannity. And your posts have always been too long.

WTF?? What is "hannity", does he have a site with a forum? I'm not whoever you think. And if my posts are too long then dont read them. I have more to offer than a Tea Party bumper sticker that says "Get the govt out of my medicare!"

I worked in the real world. You probably have no clue.

Let me guess, you're a floater in the US Post Office. They have to pay you because you're union but they can never find any work you're capable of, so they send you from Post Office to Post Office and tell you to start at the walls for 6.5 hours a day

Do you NOT understand the difference between local and/or state government and the federal government?? Do you read your constitution at all?

Moron

I dont know, how about you explain it to me.

Start with the part about how the Feds dont give any aid of any kind to the states and cities. Next, explain to me where the states and cities have rejected that aid, and shown how they dont need it (if it exists).

So I assume then, that you OPPOSED the US government allowing military C17's to aid the local and state firefighters in Colorado last month??????? The Constitution doesnt allow for that ya know.

LOL. Here we go again.

Right it does say for the common defense and general welfare.
OF THE UNITED STATES... you fucking idiotic morons LOVE to stop the phrase where it suits YOU... it is of the UNION, not of the individuals.... there is NOWHERE AT ALL that the constitution is charged to take care of your PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITIES, WANTS, OR NEEDS

Forum List

Back