Govt: "Run it like a business"??? WHY???

Oh Jesus Christ... it is not going to lay out every base needed for national defense.... you can argue all you want whether we SHOULD have a base in South Korea or Turkey, but the federal government is indeed constitutionally charged with national defense... the government is NOT constitutionally charged to take care of individual needs of individual citizens

Haha, so the defense part is to be considered general language but everything else must be explicit. How convenient.

So you expect every base, every new weapon, etc to be included in the text of the constitution?? No.... The fed is charged constitutionally with national defense and it goes thru order and legislation thru there...

BUT THE FED IS NOT CONSTITUTIONALLY CHARGED to take care of the individual wants and needs of individual citizens...

Big difference

Hahhahahahaha, so you want every possible way that the government should promote the "general welfare" of We the people to be included in the text of the constitution?

And No I don't expect every base to be listed, but I'm also not the one who cries "where does it say that in the constitution" as my only defense for shit I don't like.

The fact that you can't see your utter and blatant hypocrisy is frankly.....not shocking at all.

Do you NOT understand the difference between local and/or state government and the federal government?? Do you read your constitution at all?

Moron

I dont know, how about you explain it to me.

Start with the part about how the Feds dont give any aid of any kind to the states and cities. Next, explain to me where the states and cities have rejected that aid, and shown how they dont need it (if it exists).

So I assume then, that you OPPOSED the US government allowing military C17's to aid the local and state firefighters in Colorado last month??????? The Constitution doesnt allow for that ya know.

How about you explain where the damn money is supposed to come from you greedy fuck?

I couldn't read more than 2 sentences of the OP. It starts stupid then it gets worse.

Get out from Mom's basement, get out in the real world. Your hero Obama called it "behind enemy lines"

I worked in the real world. You probably have no clue.

Let me guess, you're a floater in the US Post Office. They have to pay you because you're union but they can never find any work you're capable of, so they send you from Post Office to Post Office and tell you to start at the walls for 6.5 hours a day

Nope. Retired from Atlanta PD (medical). Retirement pay sucks, supplements my current income enough to get by.

Why? Do I need a certain career to validate my views? Will the local GOP office issue me an opinion with the proper qualifications?

It does say provide for the common defense so part of that is justified but I agree we don't need to be able to blow up the world a hundred times over and we shouldn't have bases all over the world.

Right it does say for the common defense and general welfare.
OF THE UNITED STATES... you fucking idiotic morons LOVE to stop the phrase where it suits YOU... it is of the UNION, not of the individuals.... there is NOWHERE AT ALL that the constitution is charged to take care of your PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITIES, WANTS, OR NEEDS

And who makes up the United states? Does the Constitution say anything about that?

Let me check.....

Oh look at that.

It actually starts off with,

"We The People of the United States."

What do you know!

Start with the part about how the Feds dont give any aid of any kind to the states and cities. Next, explain to me where the states and cities have rejected that aid, and shown how they dont need it (if it exists).

So I assume then, that you OPPOSED the US government allowing military C17's to aid the local and state firefighters in Colorado last month??????? The Constitution doesnt allow for that ya know.

How about you explain where the damn money is supposed to come from you greedy fuck?

Sure, I'd be happy too..................but first answer my question regarding Federal C17's working to put out a local fire. Constitution doesn't allow for that. You support it? I'll go once you answer.

"Those darn teenagers on their dad gum skateboards!!!!"

I'm smart enough to know that if your side street came under a crime wave you'd demand something be done. By someone. If there was a wild fire in woods near your home, you'd demand someone do something to stop it. If a storm blew a huge oak over the street, you'd be calling 911 to get "somebody out here to move it".

Would it be nice if KC gave that excess fund back in a rebate check? Yes, it would. Do you know that there is about a 99.9% KC is getting those paving funds from THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT? Yep. Most states and cities get most of their money for roads from the Feds, through grants that are given in exchange for local cops enforcing speed and seat belt laws on federal highways and interstates. KC has to spend that money, on roads, or they dont get it next year. If they dont get it next year, they may not have it when a problem does occur.

You dont seem to have experience working inside a government. And that said, I absolutely acknowledge that there is too much red tape, like KC having to spend that money on roads and not being able to send it back, or rebate it.

But a taxpayer bitching that his roads are too smooth is just........well, hard to put into words.

I worked as a general contractor for 7 years for the ACOE. I've seen and even been the recipient of govt waste. It is you who doesn't have a clue. I would just be out of one ghetto remodel starting the second building and get called back to fix shit the tenants tore up.
Then their was the insane requirements that drove costs of everything from material to labor through the roof.
I've worked on multiple military bases building new housing and the sheer amount of waste is mind boggling.

Yeah, it's you who is clueless

Yep. 8 1/2 years on patrol in south ATL. I have no clue. You're right. Slash all govt. People will be fine.

You're a fucking employee, nothing more. Your observations are based on what you're told by your superiors. What red tape have you had to personally deal with? What budget are you responsible for maintaining. What personal costs have you incurred because some beauracrat thinks he understands your business better than you?

Sorry but this is all obviously above your pay grade.

Do you NOT understand the difference between local and/or state government and the federal government?? Do you read your constitution at all?

Moron

The fed is not charged to give monies, etc to the states or localities... that is correct...

Now, the national guard (funded by the state and in joint effort with the military) does indeed use equipment resources in state/local emergencies and the fed does use natty guard units for national defense purposes in a symbiotic relationship... but to have the fed use money and funds to bail out a town hit by a tornado or wildfire should not be done.. .period

Uhh... If the government was ran like a business it should make profit. And uh... It hasn't for a very, very, very long time.

I worked in the real world. You probably have no clue.

Let me guess, you're a floater in the US Post Office. They have to pay you because you're union but they can never find any work you're capable of, so they send you from Post Office to Post Office and tell you to start at the walls for 6.5 hours a day

Nope. Retired from Atlanta PD (medical). Retirement pay sucks, supplements my current income enough to get by.

Why? Do I need a certain career to validate my views? Will the local GOP office issue me an opinion with the proper qualifications?

It was obvious that you never worked a day in the private sector.

You probably got a doctor's note faking some injury to start collecting a pension and get a second job.

Gramps, you are not fit to serve in government, much less serve We the People.

Stick with your business, whatever it is.

OF THE UNITED STATES... you fucking idiotic morons LOVE to stop the phrase where it suits YOU... it is of the UNION, not of the individuals.... there is NOWHERE AT ALL that the constitution is charged to take care of your PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITIES, WANTS, OR NEEDS

And who makes up the United states? Does the Constitution say anything about that?

Let me check.....

Oh look at that.

What do you know!

They seem to think the United States or the "nation" is some abstract object that can be seperate from the people in it. If there were 0 people in the land mass that is the United States, it would not be a nation.

While I agree the govt has overspent on a lot of unnecessary things, it does have the duty to protect the "general welfare" of the people through military, police, fire and travel (road/air/waterway) safety.

Frank is still living in the basement, folks, so understand where he is not coming from: an earned position of employment responsibility or respect in the community.

You probably got a doctor's note faking some injury to start collecting a pension and get a second job.

Last edited:

I work part time in the private sector now.

Disabled. Got clipped in the knee, rehab went horribly wrong and couldnt return.

Got any other personal info you want before actually debating the topic?

Let me check.....

Oh look at that.

What do you know!

They seem to think the United States or the "nation" is some abstract object that can be seperate from the people in it. If there were 0 people in the land mass that is the United States, it would not be a nation.

While I agree the govt has overspent on a lot of unnecessary things, it does have the duty to protect the "general welfare" of the people through military, police, fire and travel (road/air/waterway) safety.

The government has ABSOLUTELY overspent. That is not even a question. But to act like the government isn't there to help the citizens of the country and to protect them from threats, both foreign and domestic at a basic level is absolutely ridiculous.

Let me check.....

Oh look at that.

What do you know!

There is a goddamn difference between the union and the citizen.. and if about the individual, it would have been SPECIFICALLY written to say that...

The general welfare of the union itself does not always benefit every individual, nor should it be about that...

Try and read your constitution as a whole, and not just a couple words you pick out incompletely to try and sound like you know what you are talking about....

Oh.. and the preamble is an invocation or introduction, as you will.. and is not something that grants specific powers to the federal government....

Maybe you should go back to school and learn a little before you continue making yourself look like an idiot

I work part time in the private sector now.

Disabled. Got clipped in the knee, rehab went horribly wrong and couldnt return.

Got any other personal info you want before actually debating the topic?

What is to debate when you have difficulty differentiating between fed, state and local............

The fed is not charged to give monies, etc to the states or localities... that is correct...

Now, the national guard (funded by the state and in joint effort with the military) does indeed use equipment resources in state/local emergencies and the fed does use natty guard units for national defense purposes in a symbiotic relationship... but to have the fed use money and funds to bail out a town hit by a tornado or wildfire should not be done.. .period

Ah.

So, you would be fine if we told Haiti to fuck off? Or the tsunami victims to go shove it up their asses? Ok, fair enough.

What about New Orleans? Damn Democrat mayor really dropped the ball. Would you have just let chaos reign even longer than it already did?

So you're saying it's ok for the states to send their National Guard units to fight an overseas federal war.........but not for the feds to send their military to aid in a local disaster? Hmmmmm. The Constitution isn't a very generous document, is it?

I have long thought it was a rather short-sighted thing to wish for. Businesses are operated for the benefit of the owners, all other considerations and benefits are secondary. One can reasonably say that all dictatorships are run like a business since all the power rests in the hands of the CEO/dictator/sole stockholder who gets the lion's share of the fruits of his nation/company/criminal enterprise. It is a concentration of power that is more a monarchy than anything we would want for ourselves.

Let me check.....

Oh look at that.

What do you know!

There is a goddamn difference between the union and the citizen.. and if about the individual, it would have been SPECIFICALLY written to say that...

The general welfare of the union itself does not always benefit every individual, nor should it be about that...

Try and read your constitution as a whole, and not just a couple words you pick out incompletely to try and sound like you know what you are talking about....

Oh.. and the preamble is an invocation or introduction, as you will.. and is not something that grants specific powers to the federal government....

Maybe you should go back to school and learn a little before you continue making yourself look like an idiot

So...does the Constitution allow for:

Local police
State police
Fire Departments
The FBI
The DEA
The Border Patrol
Federal highways
Government funded animal shelters
Government funded orphan homes

Are any of those allowable under the Constitution? If not, which do we cut first, and what do we do with the affected recipients of that service afterwards?

Forum List

Back