Govt in Your Kitchen

History has shown that a free marketplace is not sufficient to protect consumers from unsafe products. We tried it that way and it failed miserably. There is a balance and perhaps we have swung too far into over-regulation in some areas. But this ain't one of those times. IMHO.
Sorry when did we try that?
Meat sellers were putting formaldehyde and benzine and other poisonous and cancerous chemicals in meat in order to preserve it...(before the gvt finally got involved and regulating....) killing and making sick thousands....and that is just one of the cases that occurred....
--------------

Personally, from my own experience as being a small business owner, running the shop from my own home...I take extra care with everything that I make and sell, because it is my business and my name that is at stake...so as example, if an item I make requires weaving in a tale end of 6 inches to secure it, I will weave in a tail end of 10 inches, just for it to be super duper secure, and certain that my item wont fall apart in the purchaser's lifetime! :D And if for any reason at all the customer is not satisfied, I will pay for the return and give the customer a refund, without hesitation....

I think this just came naturally once I decided to turn my hobby, in to a business...

And I believe it comes naturally to all of those women baking their pies and selling them as well, using the best ingredients and taking extreme care when making them...

But, and it's a big but, I still think its not a bad idea to regulate and license these businesses....

We should probably get some real statistics on it, and see how many cases of actual harm has come to buyers of the pies that are made from scratch in some woman's home, before any arguments can be made for or against it...

--------------------------------------------------

As far as warning about eating raw cookie dough due to the raw eggs in it I can't see why "warning" is hurting anyone....if anything it will help someone, somewhere, when more ecoli ends up in someone's cookie dough from the raw eggs ( and if not warned, their small child eats it and gets sick or dies...)

-

Funny how under Dems we don''t have salmonella and E Coli deaths all the time like under deregulatin', underfundin' Boooshies, isn't it, dingbat dupes? lol bvvvvvvvvvvvvvv...

Will Obama be over soon to wipe your ass franco?
Answer the question, vulgar idiot Pubtroll. The only kind.

Two links in this thread show your idea that E Coli and salmonella deaths are currently high than when Bush was in office, care to recognize the fact that you are wrong hater dupe.

Lets just carry that same theory a little further. Crack dealers should not be shut down without complaints from their customers. Or prostitutes should not be shut down without complaints from their customers. Or The KKK should not be shut down from having a bake sale in front of a synagogue without complaints from their customers. Sorry, you probably agree with the last one

You are using illegal activities.

Selling pies made in your kitchen is an illegal activity too. See how that works?

No it isn't, as long as you get a business license and stay within the regulations you can make home baked products.
Making Homemade Pies selling homemade pies

You can't get a business license for a meth lab.

Sure you can. You just call it an apple pie company.

The minute you start buying Drain cleaner, Acetone and Fertilizer, instead of sugar, apples and flour is when they will shut you down.

2 of the 3 I have on hand, so I will just need 1 and I can make some "apple pie" that will rot the teeth straight out your head.

Selling pies made in your kitchen is an illegal activity too. See how that works?

You are truly a SPECIAL kind of stupid.

That is fine. At least I am not so stupid to think that the health department and food regulations are going away EVER.

Nobody else does either.

Then why me stupid enough to argue against it?

BTW, in the mother of coincidences, I saw an article in the paper today that says the county is looking at whether or not to reopen a public cannery. I can now take my meth'aplple pies national by just selling the filling in a can.

What the rest of us is talking about, is whether there should or should not be inspectors for private home sales in food products.
Not getting rid of the health department or food regulations.
People who sell out of their homes is still under the health dept. rules and food regulations.

Last edited:
What the rest of us is talking about, is whether there should or should not be inspectors for private home sales in food products.
Not getting rid of the health department or food regulations.
People who sell out of their homes is still under the health dept. rules and food regulations.

If they are selling food items, I would agree.

I like the legislation proposed. Put a sign out saying buy at own risk or something like that. We don't need government in our home.

As long as the food is labelled as home made, and the people buying it realize that health inspectors aren't involved in this, I fail to see why the government feels the need to get involved.
It's to protect the public. ZOMG, are you against public health?? What kind of a callous conservative asshole are you anyway?? If we didnt have government looking out for us we'd all be dead within a month!

It's kinda funny that leftists claim to be big believers in evolution and survival of the fittest, etc., but do everything they can to circumvent it. :)

I like the legislation proposed. Put a sign out saying buy at own risk or something like that. We don't need government in our home.

The Bill HB 1290, sponsored by Delegate Rob Bell, R-Charlottesville, would end home-kitchen inspections on items produced for direct sale. The goods would bear a label stating that the products are not for resale and were processed without state inspection.

As long as the food is labelled as home made, and the people buying it realize that health inspectors aren't involved in this, I fail to see why the government feels the need to get involved.
It's to protect the public. ZOMG, are you against public health?? What kind of a callous conservative asshole are you anyway?? If we didnt have government looking out for us we'd all be dead within a month!

It's kinda funny that leftists claim to be big believers in evolution and survival of the fittest, etc., but do everything they can to circumvent it. :)

"It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.". Ronald Reagan.

"It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.". Ronald Reagan.
One of half-brain's better lines, but I prefer this one of course, from a man with a fully functional mind.
conservatives.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back