Government does not want to govern, it wants to control

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
As we see government say there is nothing they can do about crime, the border, inflation, wars abroad, and the growing divide in America, it hit me.

Government has no interest in governing, rather, they just want to control people as best they can.

What am I missing?

As we see government say there is nothing they can do about crime, the border, inflation, wars abroad, and the growing divide in America, it hit me.

Government has no interest in governing, rather, they just want to control people as best they can.

What am I missing?
Quite a bit.

We've deported like 300,000 people in one month, the prisons are quite full, inflation is down, there have always been wars and the "divide" is between the enlightened and idiots like you.

It would be easier for you to ask "what do I understand". The short answer is "very little".

What am I missing?
The world is a world of extremists. It's unfortunate but true. People are either "tough on crime, I want a police force to control what you do" or "I want open borders and to shame people based on their race".

China is going to win. It may take them some time but it is inevitable.

What am I missing?

Government derives its just powers from the consent of the governed, until it becomes destructive of those ends. I no longer give my consent to be governed.

1707200271605.jpeg

What am I missing?
Governing requires a certain degree of control over people's lives. You're complaining about certain issues that require the government to have authority and power. We the people have vested our government with certain powers, in order for it to serve our interests as individuals and a community. Government isn't inherently evil or good, it's whatever we want it to be. It's a social apparatus organized by the people to manage their large-scale, socioeconomic projects and affairs.

The government is a management tool that many of the wealthy ruling elites hate because it's the power of the people. The public at large isn't of the elite class, but of the working class. They truly hate the government and are always trying to control it to reduce democracy (the rule of the people). They do everything they can to turn government into an oligarchal plutocracy, ruled by the rich and powerful, rather than the working-class.

What am I missing?
A brain.

What am I missing?
And yet you turn around and vote and support the party that only policy is to "own" the other side and engage in non&stop culture wars.

You need to repent.

Quite a bit.

We've deported like 300,000 people in one month, the prisons are quite full, inflation is down, there have always been wars and the "divide" is between the enlightened and idiots like you.

It would be easier for you to ask "what do I understand". The short answer is "very little".
Why then is Biden's approval rating the lowest in Presidential history?

And Congress has not had an approval rating above 20% in about half a century.

How does this reflect a society that has proper representation?

And yet you turn around and vote and support the party that only policy is to "own" the other side and engage in non&stop culture wars.

You need to repent.
You want me to repent for fighting a culture that has led to over 60 million unborn infant deaths and that mutilates the genitals of children?

Damn your stupid.

Governing requires a certain degree of control over people's lives. You're complaining about certain issues that require the government to have authority and power. We the people have vested our government with certain powers, in order for it to serve our interests as individuals and a community. Government isn't inherently evil or good, it's whatever we want it to be. It's a social apparatus organized by the people to manage their large-scale, socioeconomic projects and affairs.

The government is a management tool that many of the wealthy ruling elites hate because it's the power of the people. The public at large isn't of the elite class, but of the working class. They truly hate the government and are always trying to control it to reduce democracy (the rule of the people). They do everything they can to turn government into an oligarchal plutocracy, ruled by the rich and powerful, rather than the working-class.
Government is not evil? What about the Nazi regime? What about the Putin regime?

Like us, they had and have elections as well.

Would you say that the more control these regimes have over society, the more evil they become?

The US passes about 40 thousand new laws and regulations every year.

As a society, are we that much in need of control from the state?

When studying the history of genocide, you will find that it is more of being part of the human condition than an anomaly, and not possible without the aid of a particular government because it takes a great deal of cohesion within society the conduct it efficiently. You might even argue that government is a requirement to conduct a genocide whether it be Hitler who murdered over 6 million Jews or the US that has murdered over 60 million unborn children.

Last edited:
How your opinion of government depends wholly on your relationship with government.You can either see it as working for you, or you are a customer of it, and I suspect you see yourself as a customer, and customer service is good. That probably means that you are being taken care of in the short term. If you see it as something that considers your country's long term well being, you may think things have gone astray, and fast.

Why then is Biden's approval rating the lowest in Presidential history?
Its not. Something else you don't understand.
And Congress has not had an approval rating above 20% in about half a century.
And???
How does this reflect a society that has proper representation?
It says more about the electorate than anything else. Take your lazy ass for example...the moment you hear someone is a democrat...what is your opinion of anything they say? See what I mean? The electorate has gotten lazy and are reflexively against or for something based on faulty beliefs about the person who is proposing the plan. Like your lord and master Trump...he wants no solution to the border/gaza/ukraine problem... And you, of course, completely support it even though you've devoted the last 5 years of your miserable life trying to convince us that we're in constant danger of people coming across the border. So now, when there is going to be something done about it...you're not wanting it done.

he wants no solution to the border/gaza/ukraine problem.
You still can't differentiate between the border situation (the United States) and the border situation (Israel) yet, can you? I'm sorry, he does not want YOUR solution, which is complete subservience to Israel. We've done that for 75 years and here we are now, bleeding and deep in debt.

Government is not evil? What about the Nazi regime? What about the Putin regime?

Would you say that the more control these regimes have over society, the more evil they become?

Some governments are what you call "evil" or oppressive, totalitarian and others aren't like that.

Maybe the people were "evil", maybe the elections weren't really honest? The people have a lot to do with the nature and quality of their government. That's why the ruling wealthy class, does everything possible to control the media and influence the people. If they can control people's minds through the media they can have a high degree of influence over the government's legislature.

When you say "these regimes", you're referring to a totalitarian, oppressive government, correct? If that's what you're referring to, then of course, there is more "evil" or suffering when they have more control over people's lives.

Source for that. What are those laws and regulations? Are they needed? That's open for discussion. Some laws and regulations aren't needed and hurt the public and other laws and regulations are needed and serve the public good.

What do you mean by "control"? I see private corporations controlling much of society through the media and lobbying (legally bribing) politicians. Unlike the government, these private for-profit enterprises don't hold elections. When was last time your employer held an election? Like never? Privately owned companies run like little totalitarian regimes or absolute monarchies with a monarch at the top. I don't see giving more control to them as a better solution, than allowing the government to manage certain resources for us, serving the public good, without that profit-motive being the "bottom line" or priority.

The bottom line of a democratic government is officially the public good, and if its policies undermine its official obligations to the public, it can be held accountable through a democratic process. This is less the case with privately owned, for-profit corporations. They'll just give you the finger and fire you, then you have to look for another dictatorship to work for.

Last edited:
You still can't differentiate between the border situation (the United States) and the border situation (Israel) yet, can you? I'm sorry, he does not want YOUR solution, which is complete subservience to Israel. We've done that for 75 years and here we are now, bleeding and deep in debt.
I'm not sure what you're talking about...but then again, neither are you.

Leave Israel high and dry, right?

Forum List

Back