GOP war on the poor: Georgia

Not really. Most medical advances are made at universities with government grants...

And the advances to the people are paid for by the health insurance companies hired out by employers.

Give up.

No, they aren't. It is not the insurance companies paying for medical research.

Who pays for medical advances?

Medical Research Takes a Hit

Furthermore, the fastest way that Big Insurance dodges paying for a procedure is to call it "expiramental". Even if the science has already been proven.

For instance, Cigna called not paying for Nataline Sarkisyan's liver transplant "expiramental".

And she died.

Cigna did pay Ex-CEO Ed Hanaway 73 million dollars are his retirement, though. I'm sure that was entirely deserved.

I would have no problem with making those who get government benefits report for work duty somewhere in exchange for it. We have plenty of infrastructure that needs fixing in this country.

Yep, something on the order of the old WPA. But, the House Republican's don't want to spend any money at all, except for corporate welfare and defense spending, and infrastructure repair will cost money.

But giving them productive jobs would actually be more useful,and as Old Guy pointed out, the purpose of business has been to slash payrolls, not grow them.

The President long ago proposed at least a partial solution to that: Tax breaks for companies which create jobs here or bring them back from overseas, and tax penalties for those who off-shore our future. Along with that, he's proposed taxing their foreign profits as an additional incentive to quit sending our jobs to China or India or Bangladesh.

Of course, the GOP won't even talk about that. It might affect their corporate donor's bottom line AND it would upset their New World Order plans to, in effect, create a world of slave laborer's.

And the advances to the people are paid for by the health insurance companies hired out by employers.

Give up.

No, they aren't. It is not the insurance companies paying for medical research.

Who pays for medical advances?

Medical Research Takes a Hit

Furthermore, the fastest way that Big Insurance dodges paying for a procedure is to call it "expiramental". Even if the science has already been proven.

For instance, Cigna called not paying for Nataline Sarkisyan's liver transplant "expiramental".

And she died.

Cigna did pay Ex-CEO Ed Hanaway 73 million dollars are his retirement, though. I'm sure that was entirely deserved.

How do you know that the exact procedure her operation demanded wasn't experimental? You don't have enough information to come to a conclusion.

I would have no problem with making those who get government benefits report for work duty somewhere in exchange for it. We have plenty of infrastructure that needs fixing in this country.

Yep, something on the order of the old WPA. But, the House Republican's don't want to spend any money at all, except for corporate welfare and defense spending, and infrastructure repair will cost money.

But giving them productive jobs would actually be more useful,and as Old Guy pointed out, the purpose of business has been to slash payrolls, not grow them.

The President long ago proposed at least a partial solution to that: Tax breaks for companies which create jobs here or bring them back from overseas, and tax penalties for those who off-shore our future. Along with that, he's proposed taxing their foreign profits as an additional incentive to quit sending our jobs to China or India or Bangladesh.

Of course, the GOP won't even talk about that. It might affect their corporate donor's bottom line AND it would upset their New World Order plans to, in effect, create a world of slave laborer's.

Perhaps if he weren't such a HYPOCRITE people would actually believe him. SEE JEFFREY IMMELT.

I am well aware that the following word ilicits uncontrolled spasms on the part of nutters, but let's discuss it anyway:

Utopia.

In your economic utopia, are there any poor people? Are there people who must make choices between food and medicine, rent or school supples?

I suspect that some nutters would answer yes to that question.

After viewing the picture of Beverly Walker I realize the the OP is based on nothing but racism.

Perhaps if he weren't such a HYPOCRITE people would actually believe him. SEE JEFFREY IMMELT.

Yeah, right. To the GOP, Obama can do nothing right and they've consistently refused to meet him halfway on anything. Their whole OMG! OBAMA routine is sinking this country.

I am well aware that the following word ilicits uncontrolled spasms on the part of nutters, but let's discuss it anyway:

Utopia.

In your economic utopia, are there any poor people? Are there people who must make choices between food and medicine, rent or school supples?

Psst. Utopia is a myth. Damn that bell curve.

Yeah, right. To the GOP, Obama can do nothing right and they've consistently refused to meet him halfway on anything. Their whole OMG! OBAMA routine is sinking this country.

Says the phoney left who did nothing but scream, "BOOOOOOOOOOOOSH LIED PEOPLE DIED" and hated on the man for 8 years.. What a joke! Get this through your Zombie mindset.. BUSH AND OBAMA are very alike in how they govern(ed). The only difference is the D or R after their names.. You're a partisan hack so it doesn't matter to you if your guy screws over the nation.

Utopia.

If you do not wish to respond to a question, why respond? I knew many nutters wouldn't be able to get past that word...but I didn't think you would be one of them. Way to go!

Welfare = Democrats buying votes with our money

Votes the right wing lost by screwing over those people to start with.

If you gave those people good paying jobs instead of screwing them at every oppurtunity, they might be incliined to vote REpublican.

IF we GAVE?
wow...I guess that's how you got all your jobs you constantly bitch about..it was GIVEN to you. nice to know

LOLberals believe that they deserve more of the wealth they did not venture to create. You only deserve what you're contracted to make by an employer. That's how contracts and privately owned means of production work. If you dont like this system, I'm sure North Korea would love to have you in the fold.

You're not entitled to, nor do you deserve anything that you do not create or work for yourself. You may negotiate with those who have successfully ventured capital and have the privately held means of highering you to complete tasks at the negotiated salary. If those terms aren't good enough, go somewhere else. But stop asking the rest of us to pay for your lazy, self centered, entitled attitude.

You're not special.

You're not unique.

Last edited:
Nothing...if they really are freeloaders. However, taking a meat cleaver to trim a little fat isn't the right approach.

In any case, it's easy to say, "Get a job," but what job? Where? After 30 years of trickle-down sending our jobs to China, telling the working poor or unemployed to just get a job doesn't do anything except basically give them the back of your hand, does it?

There are jobs everywhere.......they just don't pay as much as they used to so nobody is taking them. Course it sure doesn't help that the White House is constantly working to raise the cost of living through raising income taxes, payroll taxes, and excise taxes on businesses, not to mention raising the costs at the state and local governmental level so they have to raise taxes themselves. Right now our local sales taxes are almost as high as the state sales taxes. That's a little surprise we got on our food bill right before Christmas.

Too many of those jobs don't even pay enough to live on. A huge number of people drawing assistance ARE working, but still can't pay their bills AND feed their families.

In Georgia, that's just too damn bad for you. What would YOU tell them?

I would tell them to do what poor and disadvantaged people have done for centuries.

Move. If you cant make a go of it where you are, go somewhere else.

Utopia.

If you do not wish to respond to a question, why respond? I knew many nutters wouldn't be able to get past that word...but I didn't think you would be one of them. Way to go!
You want me to answer a question with a myth as your premise.

:lol:

So what's wrong with being tough on welfare freeloaders?? :cool:

Nothing...if they really are freeloaders. However, taking a meat cleaver to trim a little fat isn't the right approach.

In any case, it's easy to say, "Get a job," but what job? Where? After 30 years of trickle-down sending our jobs to China, telling the working poor or unemployed to just get a job doesn't do anything except basically give them the back of your hand, does it?

According to liberal sources, Obama has been creating 850,000 jobs per month.

As far as jobs shipped to China, they were the jobs unions killed with their insane demands.

So what's wrong with being tough on welfare freeloaders?? :cool:

According to liberal sources, Obama has been creating 850,000 jobs per month.

As far as jobs shipped to China, they were the jobs unions killed with their insane demands.

Yeah..that's what happened.

It wasn't the tax incentives and wages that pay pennies on the dollar.

It was Unions and their "insane" demands.

:lol:

Yeah...like the "insane demand" that a job ought to actually provide a living for the worker and his family.

What a radical concept!

Forum List

Back