I agree with Republican presidential candidate Nikki Haley on reasons for the Civil War

The South seceded over the slavery issue, their state-rights argument holds no water.

No. The seven Deep South states seceded mainly over slavery, but the four Upper South states did not. In fact, those four states held votes on joining the Deep South in the first wave of secession, and they rejected doing so by large margins. Those four states only seceded when Lincoln made it clear he was going to use force to restore the Union.

States Rights has always been used as an excuse to deny peoples rights
Hmmm,now there's a historically inaccurate claim.

Almost all the rights in the US BILL OF RIGHTS are from the states

1712244237923.png

1712244278191.png

I'm going to kidnap you, and then when the police take you away to be freed, I'm going to sue the police for taking my property.
More like you buy a fleet of self driving cars with AI...totally legally and above board...and five years later there is a movement to free AI because it is now considered sentient.

The USA is a far superior country... But in no way can you warp that into saying that slavery was a good thing for them. That is just disgusting and irrational. It was a tragedy that they suffered through and overcame while many others perished.
It was part of our economy.

I agree with GOP presidential candidate Nikki Haley 's reasons for the Civil War - they involved “the freedoms of what people could and couldn't do," - like own slaves

Southern Unionists: Southern Unionist - Wikipedia

The American Civil War was about slavery. The South lost. There were slave holders down south who were northerners who came back to the north to fight against secession. Did you know that? Nothing is black and white--not even slavery.

State's rights? \south Carolina signed documents stating the cause for secession...and it was slavery. SC initiated the rebellion.

Haley flipped in an attempt to pander to the dregs, and still got whipped by a sexual abuser.

Nikki Haley went from Confederate flag removal to omitting slavery as Civil War cause

Forum List

Back