GOP members offer amendment to force Congress to participate in public option

Facts people facts. And I'm not going to dig back into this and look it up.

This was introduced into Committee over a month ago,

It came to a vote in committee.

It was voted down by a straight party line. Democrats defeated it in committee.

You didn't truly expect them to allow this to get to the floor did you?

it's the people's money and we have a government by and of and for the people, so WTF are you crazies yapping about? lol

Fine, and BY that LOGIC they are Citizens as well, are they NOT? What makes them so special that they cannot SUBSCRIBE to that LAW which they wish to foist on the rest of us?

they are n-o-t foisting a law on us. they are not exempt from laws they pass. you are making things up. :cuckoo:

A government controlled health plan? WTF are you talking about? All the government would do is pay the fucking bill as they already do. They would N-O-T run hospitals or hire and fire doctors and nurses.
:cuckoo:

there have been a few Dems and pro UHC people who have said those words Dev.....including Pelosi....it seems its getting to be interchangeable with all the other terms being used.....and i have never heard anyone say they would run the hospitals......

words can and are often misunderstood, misused. misquoted and taken out of context.

nobody is rational who says the Democrats in government are making up laws to which they themselves are exempt.

it is what is called a red herring. If we ended up with a national health insurance plan...they would be part of it. many members support a national plan. so saying 'they' you really need to say who exactly 'they' are and what 'they' support and do not support---exactly
Are they, or or they NOT citizens?

Simple question...

Answer it...

YES...or NO?
you are arguing with yourself.

all Americans are citizends and under a national health plan all citizens would be covered (by payment) by teh government.

when our government builds a road is it not in the name of the people? when our government goes to war is it not in the name of the people? when we give our money to the government in the form of taxes,....oops. we give them the money.

so how is the money ours (individually)?

so many questions when you follow your logic and argument to it's logical end.:cuckoo:

No I am NOT arguing with anyone but a blind person.

The MONEY we pay in taxes still belongs to US. *WE* the people EXPECT and DEMAND that they spend it WISELY.

That being said? Are they or are they NOT citizens? WHO hires them US (The people), or some other group?

They are No better than us, and THEY pay taxes as well (Well Most of them do, Wrangle, and the Treasury Chief notwithstanding)...

But it's Still OUR MONEY that they're playing with...My sweat equity...and yes even YOURS...

WHY then don't they or wouldn't they make themselves SUBJECT to that which they wish to make LAW of?

Are they NOT citizens? Or are you taking an Elitist view that their SHIT doesn't stink?

Again? Are they or are they NOT coitizens. is this our MONEY they are playing games with or NOT?

Government does NOT create wealth...WE DO...<<HINT

They only TAKE it from us.

I seriously think you need some serious CIVICS lessons.

A government controlled health plan? WTF are you talking about? All the government would do is pay the fucking bill as they already do. They would N-O-T run hospitals or hire and fire doctors and nurses.

there have been a few Dems and pro UHC people who have said those words Dev.....including Pelosi....it seems its getting to be interchangeable with all the other terms being used.....and i have never heard anyone say they would run the hospitals......

words can and are often misunderstood, misused. misquoted and taken out of context.

nobody is rational who says the Democrats in government are making up laws to which they themselves are exempt.

Who said a THING of Democrats? It applies to ALL Lawmakers irrespective of PARTY.

It was a deflection HD...and meant to throw us off track.

Are they, or or they NOT citizens?

Simple question...

Answer it...

YES...or NO?

all Americans are citizends and under a national health plan all citizens would be covered (by payment) by teh government.

when our government builds a road is it not in the name of the people? when our government goes to war is it not in the name of the people? when we give our money to the government in the form of taxes,....oops. we give them the money.

so many questions when you follow your logic and argument to it's logical end.:cuckoo:

The MONEY we pay in taxes still belongs to US. *WE* the people EXPECT and DEMAND that they spend it WISELY.
so 'we' are the government? :lol:

That being said? Are they or are they NOT citizens? WHO hires them US (The people), or some other group?

They are No better than us, and THEY pay taxes as well (Well Most of them do, Wrangle, and the Treasury Chief notwithstanding)...
many a conservative politician has been caught failing to pay their taxes. If you want to do a tit for tat bring IT on.

that said, congress does not enact laws that they are exempt from where everyone else is subject to.

But it's Still OUR MONEY that they're playing with...My sweat equity...and yes even YOURS...

WHY then don't they or wouldn't they make themselves SUBJECT to that which they wish to make LAW of?
they would be subject to the public option. who says they will not be? how will the public option work? you are arguing with make believe scenarios, ghosts of political battles not yet alive and with red herrings.
Are they NOT citizens? Or are you taking an Elitist view that their SHIT doesn't stink?

Again? Are they or are they NOT coitizens. is this our MONEY they are playing games with or NOT?

wealth? wealth is a myth. just ask the wealthy from a few years ago where their so-called wealth went. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ltr, I gotta get home.
:cool:

so 'we' are the government? :lol:

many a conservative politician has been caught failing to pay their taxes. If you want to do a tit for tat bring IT on.

that said, congress does not enact laws that they are exempt from where everyone else is subject to.

they would be subject to the public option. who says they will not be? how will the public option work? you are arguing with make believe scenarios, ghosts of political battles not yet alive and with red herrings.

wealth? wealth is a myth. just ask the wealthy from a few years ago where their so-called wealth went. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ltr, I gotta get home.
:cool:

Get home SAFE...but think of this? Your arguemnt of the facscimile thereof rings HALLOW...It's still OUR MONRY...and WE Demand that it be speant wisely. It isn't the Government's Money. Learn your CIVICS sport...

Until then? I cannot logically carry on a converstaion with you until YOU learn this fact. And YES it *IS* our money.

hey it should have been that way from the begginning, if we the people can't afford health care, we can't afford to buy for those a$$wipes on both sides of fence

it is what is called a red herring. If we ended up with a national health insurance plan...they would be part of it. many members support a national plan. so saying 'they' you really need to say who exactly 'they' are and what 'they' support and do not support---exactly
ill believe it when it happens.....and dont be surprised if they come up with a reason why they should NOT be a part of it.....

ill believe it when it happens.....and dont be surprised if they come up with a reason why they should NOT be a part of it.....

It sounds like that politicians are part of the 85% of Americans that are happy with the health insurance that they have. :eusa_whistle:

Oh...and for old Rocks...The politicians are part of the VAST MAJORITY of Americans happy with their health insurance.

Last edited:
They already have answered this. They still claim that the health care bill allows for everyone to keep their current insurance. So, they said that they were opting out.

Its just the rest of us that can't keep our own doctors.

Sounds sensible to me. Last time I checked? Members of Government were citizens too. If it's good for US, then I'ts good for them too.

Pretty gutsy amendment if you ask me.

Sure, why not? It would increase the client base just that much more.

In fact, they should take it one step further and make it single payer for everyone.

Last edited:
So right. If its good enough for "We the People" and its so damned great then I would think our elected officials and Govt workers would be the first in line to partake of this marvelous new Govt Entitlment.

Lets get real. The first thing the clowns did was to exempt themselves and Govt workers from this "wonderful" public option. Apparantly its good enough for us taxpayers who provide the money but not good enough for those employed by us. Funny how that works. The clowns and Govt workers all have goldplated bene's and retirement packages provided by the taxpayers. Who would want to give that up to jump on the public option?? Should be required. Wonder how long they would fight for that same public option if they had to use it???

So right. If its good enough for "We the People" and its so damned great then I would think our elected officials and Govt workers would be the first in line to partake of this marvelous new Govt Entitlment.

Lets get real. The first thing the clowns did was to exempt themselves and Govt workers from this "wonderful" public option. Apparantly its good enough for us taxpayers who provide the money but not good enough for those employed by us. Funny how that works. The clowns and Govt workers all have goldplated bene's and retirement packages provided by the taxpayers. Who would want to give that up to jump on the public option?? Should be required. Wonder how long they would fight for that same public option if they had to use it???
A huge part of the problem is that once they are elected, even as a congressperson, and even for a single two year term, they are ENTITLED for the rest of their lives to health-care benefits and a huge cumulative pension as a reward for their public service. How could we ever expect to get them to give those perks up? Could they change perks earned in the past by earlier people? Or would any new batch of people accept less than those who've gone before? They truly are a class apart from the rest of us. And any public exposure of what they give themselves only spurs a like desire by a large part of the population as justification for equal goodies.

A huge part of the problem is that once they are elected, even as a congressperson, and even for a single two year term, they are ENTITLED for the rest of their lives to health-care benefits and a huge cumulative pension as a reward for their public service. How could we ever expect to get them to give those perks up? Could they change perks earned in the past by earlier people? Or would any new batch of people accept less than those who've gone before? They truly are a class apart from the rest of us. And any public exposure of what they give themselves only spurs a like desire by a large part of the population as justification for equal goodies.

Well that's bullshit right there and should be changed. They are entitled to diddly squat. These clowns need a real-world job and experience; they're living in a delusional cocoon.

Your so right Horse. Elitist is the word.These Congressmen and Senators only have to serve one term and they and their spouses are set for life. Oh yes, it is good to be a member of Congress or a Govt worker.

As for we taxpayers who fund the good life for all Govt employees, funny how that worked. They work for us and make out way better than we who supply the money. Talk about upside down.

Well that's bullshit right there and should be changed. They are entitled to diddly squat. These clowns need a real-world job and experience; they're living in a delusional cocoon.

The closest an ordinary citizen comes to their ''windfall" is winning the lottery.
I would be for paying them more for each term of service, but eliminating their ridiculous retirement completely; they should be a part of SS, and their medical benefits should end with their term in office. If they were paid more (hell, double their present salary) they would be more subject to inflation pressures being imposed on their savings accounts like ordinary people.

It would require them to be true "statesmen" to push for and pass those changes.

Sounds sensible to me. Last time I checked? Members of Government were citizens too. If it's good for US, then I'ts good for them too.

Pretty gutsy amendment if you ask me.

If it passed unanimously...would you then suddenly support the public option?

Aargh!!! I tried to find that pic of Kramer to use as a Thanksgiving avatar and turned up empty! The only one I found wouldn't let me copy it. (The real younguns here won't even know what that is!)

Forum List

Back