GOP Gets Their Wish - Unemployment is Up

Our AAA Credit rating is in peril too Dear thanks to the Failed Leader.

Actually no. Our credit rating is in peril thanks to Congress not making any plan to raise the debt ceiling and pay our obligations. Obama can't sign a bill that Congress never gives to him.

No, Dear S&P and Moodys had us under review PRIOR to the debt talks.

November 5, 2008
RUSH: I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

October 31, 2008
RUSH: Joe the Plumber. Now, Joe the Plumber is an average citizen
Obviously I destroyed the lie, that the Right doesn't want Americans to SUFFER the loss of their jobs, so thoroughly that you felt compelled to try to change the subject.
Thank you.

You realize most Republicans like Democrats are middle class working people yes? They don't want to lose their job in 6 months...

Consider you're "argument" destroyed. Or do I need to go find a liberal talking head saying something stupid and apply it to every liberal out there to prove how dumb you sound?

Remember, vote Democrat! The biggest war party in US history! And proud supporter of ALL Bush era policies with a repeal rate of ZERO to prove it!
CON$ habitually vote against their own interests. The MessiahRushie quote is CON$ putting SPITE over their own best interests.

And this is why you have no credibility on these boards... And in what world is Rush a messiah? I don't think even 1 out of 20 conservatives listen to him... Hell a decent % of list listerns are Democrats, I'd bet you listen to him more than most on these baords.

What people fail to realize is government spending is a major component of GDP. GDP is about 14.2 trillion. The federal government spending makes up 3.8 trillion. State governments are spending about 1.3 trillion. What this means is that government spending accounts 36% of our gross domestic product. After you include local government the figure is 41% of GDP.

You can not seriously reduce government spending without further depressing the economy. It may prove beneficial in the long term but in the short term it means another recession which will further reduce government revenue which will increase the deficit, not a pretty picture.

United States Government Current Spending Analysis - Federal State Local

Exactly!

Many in the GOP leadership and on these boards, have been calling for government spending cuts, smaller government and reduced costs for businesses. This report has all of that, so why are these people not celebrating the report?

Personally, I think this report sucks. Wages are down, which is not good. Only 57,000 private jobs were created, which is not enough to soak up the jobs lost in public sector and the people still looking for work. Personally, I'd like to see a slight increase in public sector jobs, at least until the private sector hits 200,000, and then we can cut back.

I thought Obama was elected to create jobs, stupid?

Were you and 30-something million other idiots who voted for him fooled?

I think you were.

Why don't you grab a hankie and blame Bush.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

Congratulations to all of you who want smaller government! 39,000 jobs were shed in June. Of course, private businesses only added 57,000 jobs, so the unemployment rate went up, but that's what smaller government looks like!

So again, Congratulations!

you might want to consider that those jobs were gonna go, one way or anther.

I suspect those are many of the jobs "saved" ala Obamas claims, the problem of course being even the fed cannot subisdize jobs forever on that scale.

I suspect attrition and a block on new hires was half that, the rest, folks who had to go, went. *shrugs*

I got laid off in April 2009, no one promised me or my manager at my private co. manna from government heaven , it is what it is.

as far as your thread title, GOP Gets Their Wish - Unemployment is Up I'll put that down to momentary doche-bagism.

Actually no. Our credit rating is in peril thanks to Congress not making any plan to raise the debt ceiling and pay our obligations. Obama can't sign a bill that Congress never gives to him.

uhm,no, I don't think that's all of it is it? , I'd say its in peril IF we don't do anything about the system going forward, even if we raised it right this moment, the underlying problems are not going away unless they legislate it away via long range changes to our fiscal mgt. .

What people fail to realize is government spending is a major component of GDP. GDP is about 14.2 trillion. The federal government spending makes up 3.8 trillion. State governments are spending about 1.3 trillion. What this means is that government spending accounts 36% of our gross domestic product. After you include local government the figure is 41% of GDP.

You can not seriously reduce government spending without further depressing the economy. It may prove beneficial in the long term but in the short term it means another recession which will further reduce government revenue which will increase the deficit, not a pretty picture.

United States Government Current Spending Analysis - Federal State Local

Dear? Government spending is not financed by leprechauns hauling pots of gold, it comes from otherwise productive people in the private sector.

Less government spending would mean more money for the private sector to expand.

Except, of course, for the fact that the government can borrow at lower interest rates and inject those funds into the economy and give demand a boost, which benefits everyone. That debt can then be paid back later with future dollars that are worth more than the debt is today.

But hey, I'm sure you meant to say that.

I heard a 'rumor' that the banks are borrowing at 2% and change from the fed. and lending it to F&F at 3 % and change.........hummm, think its true?

November 5, 2008
RUSH: I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

October 31, 2008
RUSH: Joe the Plumber. Now, Joe the Plumber is an average citizen
You realize most Republicans like Democrats are middle class working people yes? They don't want to lose their job in 6 months...

Consider you're "argument" destroyed. Or do I need to go find a liberal talking head saying something stupid and apply it to every liberal out there to prove how dumb you sound?

Remember, vote Democrat! The biggest war party in US history! And proud supporter of ALL Bush era policies with a repeal rate of ZERO to prove it!
CON$ habitually vote against their own interests. The MessiahRushie quote is CON$ putting SPITE over their own best interests.

And this is why you have no credibility on these boards... And in what world is Rush a messiah? I don't think even 1 out of 20 conservatives listen to him... Hell a decent % of list listerns are Democrats, I'd bet you listen to him more than most on these baords.
The same world that YOUR MessiahRushie defines Obama as a Messiah, which all his DittoTards then parrot on this messageboard.

See the second and third quotes in my sig! :lol:

So you support artificially created jobs
You're damn right I do! 14 million people out of work. You think they care if the government hires them or if GE hires them? They want to work. Now. I say, put them to work!

Reduce government.. reduce govt expense.. reduce tax burden.. more $$$ in the hands of citizens.. more spending, savings, investment, demand, etc... more jobs

Blah blah blah. If any of these talking points were true then we wouldn't see massive amounts of cash being sat on right now and we wouldn't see consumers paying down debt instead of buying products.

This government intervention and expansion bullshit is how we got here in the first place

A lie. A fact-less lie.

Obama's budget got voted down in the Senate 97-0.

Obama's chronic Trillion plus deficits and his apparent total economic illiteracy are to blame

Last edited:
The saddest thing is,they're lying. Their 9.2% number is a farce. The real number is much much higher. 9.2% is an extremely optimistic number at best. Far more people are out of work. I don't trust any numbers coming from this Administration. And with GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt his "Jobs Czar",no one should. I actually feel sorry for the Hopey Changey sheeple. It's all just a very sad scam.

You're damn right I do! 14 million people out of work. You think they care if the government hires them or if GE hires them? They want to work. Now. I say, put them to work!

Think about it. Do you think they will spend money knowing their job is a temporary government job? They will spend no more than they do with their unemployment.

Reduce government.. reduce govt expense.. reduce tax burden.. more $$$ in the hands of citizens.. more spending, savings, investment, demand, etc... more jobs

Blah blah blah. If any of these talking points were true then we wouldn't see massive amounts of cash being sat on right now and we wouldn't see consumers paying down debt instead of buying products.

Why would the corporations and wealthy want to spend it? They are being told their operating costs are likely going up with an increase in taxes and possibly cap and trade, not to mention helathcare. Smart business people wait and see what legislation passes before they make decisions to spend.

This government intervention and expansion bullshit is how we got here in the first place

A lie. A fact-less lie.

See in red

She is hoping unemployment helps her campaign.

It does make one wonder why she is voting the way she is which is NOT helping Americans get employment.

She is voting her own interests instead of the American peoples interests

She is hoping unemployment helps her campaign.

It does make one wonder why she is voting the way she is which is NOT helping Americans get employment.

She is voting her own interests instead of the American peoples interests

You're not too bright, are you.

She said she hopes the fact that there is unemployment that is increasing helps her campaign BECAUSE she is running on a platform of job creation.

You conveniently ignore the rest of her comments, and focus on what the libtard who wrote the piece want you to focus on.

Then were is her job creating record?

Remember they did say their main goal was to make Obama a one term president.

That would be a good reason not to create jobs huh?

I'm sure they didn't wish for it but they probably do feel they can do much better than the Hopey Changey One. And there's nothing wrong with them feeling that way. Politics is Politics. The Democrats preached nothing but Doom & Gloom even when Bush had 4% Unemployment and Record High Stock Markets. So please don't tell me they weren't ecstatic when the Economy went sour the last year of Bush's Presidency. Because that would make you a disingenuous buffoon. The Dems loved preaching Doom & Gloom. They perfected that Art. If the GOP benefits from Dem incompetence,than so be it. That's just how it goes. Now please stop all the feigned self-righteous indignation. No one's buying it.

Think about it. Do you think they will spend money knowing their job is a temporary government job? They will spend no more than they do with their unemployment.

Why would the corporations and wealthy want to spend it? They are being told their operating costs are likely going up with an increase in taxes and possibly cap and trade, not to mention helathcare. Smart business people wait and see what legislation passes before they make decisions to spend.

Yes, they will spend it if they have to. This is a basic economic principle. If you give people more money they will spend more money. This tapers off at higher incomes, but for middle and lower classes, this is practically guaranteed. If they get $300 a week on unemployment and we hire them for $450 a week to do a job, they will spend more than before. This is what we want. We want consumers spending again. Why?

"Why would the corporations and wealthy want to spend it?" They have no reason to because consumers aren't spending in the first place. This is the cycle we are in. You all seem to think corporations aren't hiring because of fear of things that have never happened and may never happen, but yet what IS happening is consumers aren't buying shit! If a company has decreased sales, regulations out the door, they will NOT expand and hire. Why would they?

This dragging economy is due to consumers not consuming, plain and simple. You fix that and you fix everything. You can fix that, by getting jobs for the millions out of work who just want to work. I don't understand why anyone would be against a plan that accomplishes this.

Forum List

Back