GOP Gets Their Wish - Unemployment is Up

Nobody preached more Doom & Gloom and prayed for a Bad Economy than Democrats did when the Republicans had Power. They even prayed we would lose the Iraq War too. So spare me all the feigned outrage coming from Democrats. Bush had a 4% Unemployment Rate and Record High Stock Markets,yet that wasn't good enough for the slimy Democrats. They had to go out there and preach that Doom & Gloom 24/7 anyway. This thread represents everything i hate about Democrats. Such disingenuous hypocrites.

The GOP leadership, and many on these boards, have been screaming forever now about smaller government. The need to shrink government. Well, what do you think that looks like? It looks like 39,000 people losing their jobs in one month.

This is what many conservatives wanted. Why isn't there more celebrating?

Do you and Toro ever stop and realize who has had all the power sense 2007?

I'm sure you mean the Democrats, but of course, they don't have all the power at every level of government across the country. Many states elected GOP Governors who gutted their budgets and cut spending. That translates to 39,000 people losing their jobs.

I mean, what did you think spending cuts looked like?

Governors have to balance their budgets. Cuomo in New York laid off 9800 state employees and the last time I checked he was still the Democrats hero.

November 5, 2008
RUSH: I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

October 31, 2008
RUSH: Joe the Plumber. Now, Joe the Plumber is an average citizen

CON$ habitually vote against their own interests. The MessiahRushie quote is CON$ putting SPITE over their own best interests.

And this is why you have no credibility on these boards... And in what world is Rush a messiah? I don't think even 1 out of 20 conservatives listen to him... Hell a decent % of list listerns are Democrats, I'd bet you listen to him more than most on these baords.
The same world that YOUR MessiahRushie defines Obama as a Messiah, which all his DittoTards then parrot on this messageboard.

See the second and third quotes in my sig! :lol:

Now I listen to Rush, wtf?

Now the economy has to wait for the debt ceiling to be raised....great the way the Pubs hold us all hostage AGAIN...but we will have a full recovery, just more slowly than we would without pub/fox/Rush fear mongering and obstruction- incredible loudmouth propaganda machine...

"Dems loved preaching Doom & Gloom"

Sure, like who or what?- everyone was shocked when W admitted the economy had been in recession for 9 months...Dems are total wimps and limp wristed optimists, and the whole world is scared of the whacko screamers LOL...

Last edited:
She is hoping unemployment helps her campaign.

It does make one wonder why she is voting the way she is which is NOT helping Americans get employment.

She is voting her own interests instead of the American peoples interests

And Obama and all the Dems hoped that Bush's wars and economy falling would help them... Holy fucking shit TM.

She is hoping unemployment helps her campaign.

It does make one wonder why she is voting the way she is which is NOT helping Americans get employment.

She is voting her own interests instead of the American peoples interests

And Obama and all the Dems hoped that Bush's wars and economy falling would help them... Holy fucking shit TM.

Seeing as how many Dems voted to allow Bush to use force in Iraq, I highly doubt they then turned around and hoped he failed.

Hoping for failure is an Art-Form the Democrats mastered when the Republicans had power. They prayed everyday for a failed Economy and a failed War in Iraq. So them bitching about this really is absurd. Preaching Doom & Gloom is what the Democrats were all about for many years when the other side had power. So i can't trust them on these kinds of accusations. And no one else should either.

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

Congratulations to all of you who want smaller government! 39,000 jobs were shed in June. Of course, private businesses only added 57,000 jobs, so the unemployment rate went up, but that's what smaller government looks like!

So again, Congratulations!

How do you equate 39,000 jobs being lost to "smaller government"? Has the House somehow made cuts without Senate and President approval? :cuckoo:

Congratulations to all of you who want smaller government! 39,000 jobs were shed in June. Of course, private businesses only added 57,000 jobs, so the unemployment rate went up, but that's what smaller government looks like!

How do you equate 39,000 jobs being lost to "smaller government"? Has the House somehow made cuts without Senate and President approval? :cuckoo:

Clearly you did not read any of the posts in this thread, or you would have seen where I mentioned that the cuts are almost definitely at the state level where Governors across the country have been making nasty spending cuts. I would guess that those public sector lay offs will increase later in the year.

Boehner had his face on the air today trying to blame the president on this, which is pretty ironic since Boehner was one the GOP'ers back in December claiming that the tax cut bill the Republicans wanted (and got) would end the uncertainty that was keeping businesses from hiring.

that was 6 months ago. Where are the jobs, Mr. Boehner? :lol:

Clearly you did not read any of the posts in this thread, or you would have seen where I mentioned that the cuts are almost definitely at the state level where Governors across the country have been making nasty spending cuts. I would guess that those public sector lay offs will increase later in the year.

"nasty spending cuts?" Wow! Desperation in Hopey Changey Land for sure. What's next??...Blame DA PALIN and call everyone Racists? SHEESH! :cuckoo:

Last edited:

Hmmm....so our advocating smaller government is so distressing that it causes job loss even in the middle of unmitigated government growth.

Dude, don't be stupid....

We want more people working. That's why we support lower taxes, less regulation, and less government spending. Because then more people will be working and producing wealth.

Hmmm....so our advocating smaller government is so distressing that it causes job loss even in the middle of unmitigated government growth.

Unmitigated government growth? You're aware spending at the Federal level dropped in 2010. You know this, right?

Well, I'm sure you do. You probably also know that states across the country are cutting spending and laying people off, hence the drop in government jobs. Which is what many on these boards want. So why are they not happy about it?

Forum List

Back