GOP Gets Their Wish - Unemployment is Up

Your own link paints a very different picture. It states that even with those 39,000 public jobs lost, the employment situation as a whole remained largely unchanged. And that many private businesses are continuing to hire more people, although more slowly than we may hope for.

So in summary, the report is essentially saying that employment made a small move from public to private. That's the best news I've heard all day. We get smaller government and employment remains largely unchanged.:clap2:

Then you should be pretty happy about the other part of the report, right? The part that says that wages declined. That should be cause for celebration too as now businesses are less expensive to operate. You're happy about that right?

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

Congratulations to all of you who want smaller government! 39,000 jobs were shed in June. Of course, private businesses only added 57,000 jobs, so the unemployment rate went up, but that's what smaller government looks like!

So again, Congratulations!

You really should change your name to "I'm the Stupidest in the country"

naaaa... he should just add 'LikeMe' to the end of it.:lol:

No you partisan hack fuck

Obama's stimulus of 5 fucking trillion was predicted to "float" the economy

You're to fucking stupid to see the benefits of a recession/depression

Obama can't even get us out of a recession with spending on par with FDR

What do you think the UE rate will be if Obama brings all the troops home? Why do you think he wants to start new wars and draw out any “exit” from a war zone as long as humanly possible?

I'm glad you paired your hate for me with completely fabricated "facts". That was entertaining.

Hey, I don't hate you... I think you and TM do a better job of making the left look unappealing than any group out there with that goal in mind. Really the only people that will agree with you are other crazy people like you, everyone else either already knows your full of shit or can tell on a very surface level that you at least seem full of shit. That's talent man.

So tell us all again why Obama with the Senate and the house being Dem couldn’t get anything meaningful done when it came to foreign policy, a budget, repealing Bush era polices or helping the economy and jobs?

What people fail to realize is government spending is a major component of GDP. GDP is about 14.2 trillion. The federal government spending makes up 3.8 trillion. State governments are spending about 1.3 trillion. What this means is that government spending accounts 36% of our gross domestic product. After you include local government the figure is 41% of GDP.

You can not seriously reduce government spending without further depressing the economy. It may prove beneficial in the long term but in the short term it means another recession which will further reduce government revenue which will increase the deficit, not a pretty picture.

United States Government Current Spending Analysis - Federal State Local

Last edited:

Congratulations to all of you who want smaller government! 39,000 jobs were shed in June. Of course, private businesses only added 57,000 jobs, so the unemployment rate went up, but that's what smaller government looks like!

You really should change your name to "I'm the Stupidest in the country"

naaaa... he should just add 'LikeMe' to the end of it.:lol:

You mean like...

DontBeStupidLikeMe?

:lol::lol:

Your own link paints a very different picture. It states that even with those 39,000 public jobs lost, the employment situation as a whole remained largely unchanged. And that many private businesses are continuing to hire more people, although more slowly than we may hope for.

So in summary, the report is essentially saying that employment made a small move from public to private. That's the best news I've heard all day. We get smaller government and employment remains largely unchanged.:clap2:

Then you should be pretty happy about the other part of the report, right? The part that says that wages declined. That should be cause for celebration too as now businesses are less expensive to operate. You're happy about that right?

You are making too much sense.

They cant think of enough personal insults to counter your arguements effectively.

Oh yeah , personal insults dont counter facts do they.

Should we tell them or just let them keep making fools out of themselves by thinking personal insults make facts go away

The Government and economy are 2 separate things, Dear. I don't think you read your post before you posted it because it makes less than no sense.

Do you want to try again?

really
this is what we want?
you ever think some of the UE are republicans?
you and Toro think the same
you think you know it all, and yet you know nothing

The GOP leadership, and many on these boards, have been screaming forever now about smaller government. The need to shrink government. Well, what do you think that looks like? It looks like 39,000 people losing their jobs in one month.

This is what many conservatives wanted. Why isn't there more celebrating?

The first time you posted it I thought you were accidentally stupid, now I'm sure it was no accident

Man some of you guys have it all wrong.

Big government requires big taxes, big taxes on business makes it easier for the business to create more jobs and give out more money.

I mean sheesh, how obvious can I make it?

No you partisan hack fuck

Obama's stimulus of 5 fucking trillion was predicted to "float" the economy

You're to fucking stupid to see the benefits of a recession/depression

Obama can't even get us out of a recession with spending on par with FDR

What do you think the UE rate will be if Obama brings all the troops home? Why do you think he wants to start new wars and draw out any “exit” from a war zone as long as humanly possible?

I'm glad you paired your hate for me with completely fabricated "facts". That was entertaining.

Hey, I don't hate you... I think you and TM do a better job of making the left look unappealing than any group out there with that goal in mind. Really the only people that will agree with you are other crazy people like you, everyone else either already knows your full of shit or can tell on a very surface level that you at least seem full of shit. That's talent man.

So tell us all again why Obama with the Senate and the house being Dem couldn’t get anything meaningful done when it came to foreign policy, a budget, repealing Bush era polices or helping the economy and jobs?

Thats easy.

That clusterfuck healtcare bill was way more important than the economy or jobs.

What people fail to realize is government spending is a major component of GDP. GDP is about 14.2 trillion. The federal government spending makes up 3.8 trillion. State governments are spending about 1.3 trillion. What this means is that government spending accounts 36% of our gross domestic product. After you include local government the figure is 41% of GDP.

You can not seriously reduce government spending without further depressing the economy. It may prove beneficial in the long term but in the short term it means another recession which will further reduce government revenue which will increase the deficit, not a pretty picture.

Exactly!

Many in the GOP leadership and on these boards, have been calling for government spending cuts, smaller government and reduced costs for businesses. This report has all of that, so why are these people not celebrating the report?

Personally, I think this report sucks. Wages are down, which is not good. Only 57,000 private jobs were created, which is not enough to soak up the jobs lost in public sector and the people still looking for work. Personally, I'd like to see a slight increase in public sector jobs, at least until the private sector hits 200,000, and then we can cut back.

really
this is what we want?
you ever think some of the UE are republicans?
you and Toro think the same
you think you know it all, and yet you know nothing
It's what CON$ have wanted since the day Obama was elected. Your MessiahRushie let the cat out of the bag.

November 5, 2008
RUSH: I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

October 31, 2008
RUSH: Joe the Plumber. Now, Joe the Plumber is an average citizen

How many jobs did Obama claim he was going to "create" right before 30+ million dumbfucks voted for him?
Obviously I destroyed the lie, that the Right doesn't want Americans to SUFFER the loss of their jobs, so thoroughly that you felt compelled to try to change the subject.
Thank you.

The Government and economy are 2 separate things, Dear. I don't think you read your post before you posted it because it makes less than no sense.

C+I+G+X-M = GDP

Yup blame the Republicans for your mess. Nice. Hey,let me guess?...It's all Palin's fault right? Desperate times in Hopey Changey Land for sure.

Yup blame the Republicans for your mess. Nice. Hey,let me guess?...It's all Palin's fault right? Desperate times in Hopey Changey Land for sure.

No. Not Palin's fault. If I had to blame anyone, I would look to all the Governors slashing their budgets and laying people off.

But this is what you guys wanted, right?

MORON...

shut_the_fuck_up.jpg

Dear? Government spending is not financed by leprechauns hauling pots of gold, it comes from otherwise productive people in the private sector.

Less government spending would mean more money for the private sector to expand.

Forum List

Back