GOP Gets Their Wish - Unemployment is Up

Hopey Changey Land is not a land of Unicorns & Fairy Dust. It's Hell on Earth. It's Chicago & Detroit. People better wake up soon or our entire Nation will resemble these awful Democrat Hell-Holes.

What people fail to realize is government spending is a major component of GDP. GDP is about 14.2 trillion. The federal government spending makes up 3.8 trillion. State governments are spending about 1.3 trillion. What this means is that government spending accounts 36% of our gross domestic product. After you include local government the figure is 41% of GDP.

You can not seriously reduce government spending without further depressing the economy. It may prove beneficial in the long term but in the short term it means another recession which will further reduce government revenue which will increase the deficit, not a pretty picture.

United States Government Current Spending Analysis - Federal State Local

Dear? Government spending is not financed by leprechauns hauling pots of gold, it comes from otherwise productive people in the private sector.

Less government spending would mean more money for the private sector to expand.

Except, of course, for the fact that the government can borrow at lower interest rates and inject those funds into the economy and give demand a boost, which benefits everyone. That debt can then be paid back later with future dollars that are worth more than the debt is today.

But hey, I'm sure you meant to say that.

It's what CON$ have wanted since the day Obama was elected. Your MessiahRushie let the cat out of the bag.

November 5, 2008
RUSH: I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

October 31, 2008
RUSH: Joe the Plumber. Now, Joe the Plumber is an average citizen

How many jobs did Obama claim he was going to "create" right before 30+ million dumbfucks voted for him?
Obviously I destroyed the lie, that the Right doesn't want Americans to SUFFER the loss of their jobs, so thoroughly that you felt compelled to try to change the subject.
Thank you.

You realize most Republicans like Democrats are middle class working people yes? They don't want to lose their job in 6 months...

Consider you're "argument" destroyed. Or do I need to go find a liberal talking head saying something stupid and apply it to every liberal out there to prove how dumb you sound?

Remember, vote Democrat! The biggest war party in US history! And proud supporter of ALL Bush era policies with a repeal rate of ZERO to prove it!

What people fail to realize is government spending is a major component of GDP. GDP is about 14.2 trillion. The federal government spending makes up 3.8 trillion. State governments are spending about 1.3 trillion. What this means is that government spending accounts 36% of our gross domestic product. After you include local government the figure is 41% of GDP.

You can not seriously reduce government spending without further depressing the economy. It may prove beneficial in the long term but in the short term it means another recession which will further reduce government revenue which will increase the deficit, not a pretty picture.

Dear? Government spending is not financed by leprechauns hauling pots of gold, it comes from otherwise productive people in the private sector.

Less government spending would mean more money for the private sector to expand.

Except, of course, for the fact that the government can borrow at lower interest rates and inject those funds into the economy and give demand a boost, which benefits everyone. That debt can then be paid back later with future dollars that are worth more than the debt is today.

It also devalues our dollar vastly and by "injecting" you mean give it to people that vote for them... and rich friends of course.

Sounds like the Failed Stimulus, Dear.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVonk_OqEUU]YouTube - ‪Obama Jokes at Jobs Council 'Shovel-Ready Was Not as Shovel-Ready as We Expected' - President Obama‬‏[/ame]

http://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

Congratulations to all of you who want smaller government! 39,000 jobs were shed in June. Of course, private businesses only added 57,000 jobs, so the unemployment rate went up, but that's what smaller government looks like!

So again, Congratulations!

really
this is what we want?
you ever think some of the UE are republicans?
you and Toro think the same
you think you know it all, and yet you know nothing

The GOP leadership, and many on these boards, have been screaming forever now about smaller government. The need to shrink government. Well, what do you think that looks like? It looks like 39,000 people losing their jobs in one month.

This is what many conservatives wanted. Why isn't there more celebrating?

Idiot

So in your warped little mind... shedding the size and scope of government means less private sector jobs will happen??

Yes... when government is hopefully cut back, many government jobs will and SHOULD be lost... but those are being paid with by tax revenue... and the cost of that is wayyyy overblown thanks to multi-level red tape in the system... but those things shed by the govt don't just disappear, unless they are things that are truly not wanted by anyone.... if there is any sort of demand, private sector companies will scramble to fill that demand, which means people will have to work to fill those demands

November 5, 2008
RUSH: I hope all your Joe the Plumbers are unemployed in six months! There.

October 31, 2008
RUSH: Joe the Plumber. Now, Joe the Plumber is an average citizen
How many jobs did Obama claim he was going to "create" right before 30+ million dumbfucks voted for him?
Obviously I destroyed the lie, that the Right doesn't want Americans to SUFFER the loss of their jobs, so thoroughly that you felt compelled to try to change the subject.
Thank you.

You realize most Republicans like Democrats are middle class working people yes? They don't want to lose their job in 6 months...

Consider you're "argument" destroyed. Or do I need to go find a liberal talking head saying something stupid and apply it to every liberal out there to prove how dumb you sound?

Remember, vote Democrat! The biggest war party in US history! And proud supporter of ALL Bush era policies with a repeal rate of ZERO to prove it!
CON$ habitually vote against their own interests. The MessiahRushie quote is CON$ putting SPITE over their own best interests.

No, actually had Conservatives gotten what they wanted, like, no Obamacare, a sane energy policy, cessation of bickering over taxes, a plan to reduce spending and the deficits, etc... I think we'd see vastly different results.

I am all for more unemployment, in 2012 I want to see 75% of the remaining Democrats in Congress and the President join the ranks of the unemployed.

Oh, are we in another Great Depression?

Didn't think so, pumpkin.

278, 000 dollars per job created kept us out of a depression? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Things aren't headed in the right direction thats for sure. Great Depression? We might get there yet.

He's got a Crystal ball that looks into the past and shows that there would have been a depression? Way cool!!!!

Oh, are we in another Great Depression?

Didn't think so, pumpkin.

Just set a record for most consecutive months above 8% unemployment besides during the Great Depression.

Our AAA Credit rating is in peril too Dear thanks to the Failed Leader.

And he thinks his fundamental economic ignorance is funny?

So in your warped little mind... shedding the size and scope of government means less private sector jobs will happen??
What? No. I never said that. Never even hinted it. Did you read the report? Did you read my post?

Yes... when government is hopefully cut back, many government jobs will and SHOULD be lost... if there is any sort of demand, private sector companies will scramble to fill that demand, which means people will have to work to fill those demands

And if there isn't demand? Then those people just lose their job and stop paying taxes and then what?

Look, I applaud you for at least admitting that jobs will be lost in shrinking the government, but clearly this is NOT the time to do it. Private sector jobs were 57,000 last month. That's no where near the level we need to absorb these out of work government workers AND provide work for those out of work and looking AND provide for new workers entering the work force. If the private sector was adding 250,000 or more, I would absolutely be on your side, but they aren't, so shrinking government now is just a bad idea.

But, it's a bad idea that many here want anyway, so where is the celebration for getting what they want?

What? No. I never said that. Never even hinted it. Did you read the report? Did you read my post?

Yes... when government is hopefully cut back, many government jobs will and SHOULD be lost... if there is any sort of demand, private sector companies will scramble to fill that demand, which means people will have to work to fill those demands

And if there isn't demand? Then those people just lose their job and stop paying taxes and then what?

Look, I applaud you for at least admitting that jobs will be lost in shrinking the government, but clearly this is NOT the time to do it. Private sector jobs were 57,000 last month. That's no where near the level we need to absorb these out of work government workers AND provide work for those out of work and looking AND provide for new workers entering the work force. If the private sector was adding 250,000 or more, I would absolutely be on your side, but they aren't, so shrinking government now is just a bad idea.

But, it's a bad idea that many here want anyway, so where is the celebration for getting what they want?

So you support artificially created jobs at taxpayer expense and at a grossly inflated price because of the size of government red tape.... got it

Reduce government.. reduce govt expense.. reduce tax burden.. more $$$ in the hands of citizens.. more spending, savings, investment, demand, etc... more jobs

This government intervention and expansion bullshit is how we got here in the first place... we don't need it to continue

Forum List

Back