Good teaching tool for early teaching in biology

The theory of evolution asserts and explains one basic principle: all extant species share a common ancestor. The rest of the theory follows from this assertion.
That's like a 747 appearing after a firecracker goes off in a pop can.

Last edited:
I run alone.

Edit. I was invited because of my honesty, trustworthiness, and dependability, not my technical knowledge of the business. I declined because the commitment would have interfered with other plans I had for my life.
I insist on maximum control of my life, even when working for someone else. I simply take over any job I have and do it better than my employer expects. I make myself the boss in that regard. Very liberating, and rewarding.
An attitude shared by many headed for traumatic disappointment and serious injury. Best go into business for yourself if you truly insist upon operating that way. "Know your place!" is no joke. Businesses never really get past it. You'll inevitably butt heads with your bosses and co-workers, especially those who feel exactly the same about themselves as you do. Unless.. Unless.. you only work with your relatives all your life or some happy shit like that.

That's like a 747 appearing after a firecracker goes off in a pop can.
There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
- Charles Darwin

An attitude shared by many headed for traumatic disappointment and serious injury. Best go into business for yourself if you truly insist upon operating that way. "Know your place!" is no joke. Businesses never really get past it. You'll inevitably butt heads with your bosses and co-workers, especially those who feel exactly the same about themselves as you do. Unless.. Unless.. you only work with your relatives all your life or some happy shit like that.
This is probably true of production type jobs. Not so much in maintenance type jobs. On that note you'll notice that while production of consumer goods continues apace, our infrastructure is falling apart for lack of maintenance. We have built more than we can care for.

Happily, I'm in a business where I can do all the aforementioned things that I require. :)

Last edited:
Can you describe that one life form that started it all?
The earliest life forms we know of were microscopic organisms (microbes) that left signals of their presence in rocks about 3.7 billion years old. The signals consisted of a type of carbon molecule that is produced by living things.

Evidence of microbes was also preserved in the hard structures (“stromatolites”) they made, which date to 3.5 billion years ago. Stromatolites are created as sticky mats of microbes trap and bind sediments into layers. Minerals precipitate inside the layers, creating durable structures even as the microbes die off. Scientists study today’s, rare living stromatolite reefs to better understand Earth’s earliest life form

Why not, you do. ;)
Provide an example, please. Adaptation of species is well documented.

Your revulsion for the ToE seems to be focused on the principle that populations of species evolve. Given enough time, there is no practical limit to the adaptive potential of biological evolution. That's precisely what we see in nature.

That is devastating to Christian religionism because it means the core of Christianity: supernatural creation 6,000 years ago is superfluous. That's not intended to hurt your feelings. Its just the truth.

Given enough time, there is no practical limit to the adaptive potential of biological evolution.
Fascinating construction. The implied need to adapt indicating conditions initially out of range, i.e. beyond current practical limits. Say -- adapt or die -- given conditions seriously threatening the survival of a species. Or say -- adapt or remain stuck in a less than optimal state -- given clear improvement potential. You know, that famed biggest room in the world. (No, not that sort of room, but do check out the biggest scam while you're there) :cool:

Fascinating construction. The implied need to adapt indicating conditions initially out of range, i.e. beyond current practical limits. Say -- adapt or die -- given conditions seriously threatening the survival of a species. Or say -- adapt or remain stuck in a less than optimal state -- given clear improvement potential. You know, that famed biggest room in the world. (No, not that sort of room, but do check out the biggest scam while you're there) :cool:
Yep. I didn't know I was such a horrible person. I guess enough money in the collection plate and enough fear of everlasting torment can serve to keep me as a good soldier for the church.

Practical:
adjective

1. 1.
    of or concerned with the actual doing or use of something rather than with theory and ideas.
    "there are two obvious practical applications of the research"
I expect Woodnutz would argue that the practical is God's design -- given the 20/20 hindsight gleaned from all of our scientific study -- which was also God's original design. Obviously. ;)

Can you show us any evidence as to the possibility of a 600 year old man piloting a home-built yacht full of animals during a godly flood 4,500 years ago?
He didn't 'pilot' (steer) the ark. It "went on the flood". After the flood lifespans decreased dramatically.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back