Good quote from Elisabeth Warren

Male

Women doctors make less than men: study

Both articles say the same thing, that even accounting for other factors like hours worked, experience, education and fields of study, there is still an unexplained pay gap.

Every doctor, male or female, is EXACTLY the same in every aspect of their job performance? I did not know that.

Tell you what, why don't you choose to support nothing but female doctors and leave the rest of us alone.

The idea that government should dictate what people are paid, be it minimum wages or so called 'equal pay' is insane. The unintended consequences are PROFOUND. But don't think too deeply there honey, it's all about what FEELS right...:eusa_eh:
Did I say anything about the goverment dictating what people should make, no. But thanks for the straw man.
If the pay gap is unexplained then there is no way to "remedy" it. So what if some people get paid more than others in some professions? Perhaps women, being recipients of affirmative action preference, are less qualified and therefore earn less money? Who knows? Who cares? Why is it even relevant here?

Male

Both articles say the same thing, that even accounting for other factors like hours worked, experience, education and fields of study, there is still an unexplained pay gap.

_storysmartredirect

Cry me a fucking river. Why do football players get millions to play while we all work?
Answer: Because that's their deemed value.
Is it dumb? Yep but that's life deal with it or buy a lot of Kleenexs
You don't have to care that women make less than men, I'm simply pointing out that that part of the OP isn't a lie.

I thought the fucking LIly Ledbetter Act fixed all that shit?

Every doctor, male or female, is EXACTLY the same in every aspect of their job performance? I did not know that.

Tell you what, why don't you choose to support nothing but female doctors and leave the rest of us alone.

The idea that government should dictate what people are paid, be it minimum wages or so called 'equal pay' is insane. The unintended consequences are PROFOUND. But don't think too deeply there honey, it's all about what FEELS right...:eusa_eh:
Did I say anything about the goverment dictating what people should make, no. But thanks for the straw man.

Then why exactly were you bitching about so called equal pay? What do you propose?

Who says I'm bitching about equal pay?

The 1st pages is filled with people suggesting there is no pay gap between men and women, when in fact there is one.

“I want to be blunt: We should not be fighting about equal pay for equal work, and access to birth control, in 2012. These issues were resolved years ago – until the Republicans brought them back.”

qft

Ok, so how did republicans bring these issues back?

They passed an equal pay law in the 60s? so why do we need a new one?

Birth control was never mandated to be covered until OBamacare, so it's the democrats bringing up this fight....not republicans

Then why exactly were you bitching about so called equal pay? What do you propose?

The 1st pages is filled with people suggesting there is no pay gap between men and women, when in fact there is one.

There are differences in pay between everyone because no two people perform their job in exactly the same manner. Nobody is suggesting there is no differences in pay, we're just sick of those that suggest their shouldn't be. And whatever bullshit you're about to spew, that's EXACTLY what you implied.

Warren wants those government birth control subsidies continue to flow through the vaginas of male and female Democrats everywhere.

That's what's stake in this election

Male

_storysmartredirect

Cry me a fucking river. Why do football players get millions to play while we all work?
You don't have to care that women make less than men, I'm simply pointing out that that part of the OP isn't a lie.

Well, according to the same op, this issue of unequal pay was resolved 'years ago' until 'republicans brought them back'. So, how have repulicans been responsible for female doctros making less than male doctors, if that's even really the case? Or is that part of the op a lie?

Male

_storysmartredirect

Is your so called under paid doctor making a good living?

The idea that someone deserves a raise just because someone else got one is asinine

I agree Amy, except the problem is you cant compare men and women directly.....women need alot more time off for pregnancies and when they decide to stay home to raise children....they lose those years of work and experience...it sucks....but it's true....and usually those are in their 20s-30s when you really build the foundation of your career

So when they do these studies you have to see how they are done...and I'm not supporting or denying any of them at the moment, just setting the expectations to understand that a man at 50 will probably have alot more experience than a woman at 50...and I havent taken into account the more dangerous jobs...which is a whole nother issue

There are differences in pay between everyone because no two people perform their job in exactly the same manner. Nobody is suggesting there is no differences in pay, we're just sick of those that suggest their shouldn't be. And whatever bullshit you're about to spew, that's EXACTLY what you implied.

I believe in equal pay for equal work and I don't think an employeer should have the right to pay you less based on your gender, your race, your religion, or the color of your skin.

However, I think the whole thing is a mostly manufactured issue. There are laws in place that prevent discrimination and no one is suggesting eliminating them, and the pay gap is closing on its own.

The pubpots push for sharia law really would take us back to the Dark Ages if we allow it.

There are two constants in life. The sun comes up in the east every morning and luddly's head is still planted firmly up her ass. Life goes on.

and luddly's head is still planted firmly up her ass.

Dudleys a Woman?......here i thought he was an 80+ Old Timing Man in a home....:eusa_eh:

Dudley's a pussy, hence my calling it her. :eusa_whistle:

I agree Amy, except the problem is you cant compare men and women directly.....women need alot more time off for pregnancies and when they decide to stay home to raise children....they lose those years of work and experience...it sucks....but it's true....and usually those are in their 20s-30s when you really build the foundation of your career

So when they do these studies you have to see how they are done...and I'm not supporting or denying any of them at the moment, just setting the expectations to understand that a man at 50 will probably have alot more experience than a woman at 50...and I havent taken into account the more dangerous jobs...which is a whole nother issue

If you read any of the articles I posted, you would see that almost all fields, even in female dominated fields, women make less. And they make less even when you account for all the issues that have been brought up, like maternity leave.

Pretty soon progressives will be clamoring we pay for their dates, wine, roses, chocolates, lingerie, lubricant and dildo's........As a "right"

Well, according to the same op, this issue of unequal pay was resolved 'years ago' until 'republicans brought them back'. So, how have repulicans been responsible for female doctros making less than male doctors, if that's even really the case? Or is that part of the op a lie?

I would call that bullshit.

Well that's a start.
Yes, the whole quotation is bullshit. There is no "pay gap" that can't be accounted for in ways other than discrimination. There is no right to "free" contraceptives. these are manufactured issues, manufactured by someone desperately looking for the outrage to build so she can win.
But it won't happen.

I believe in equal pay for equal work...

Why don't you show us two people who work equally in every way...their performance, their results, their attendance, their efficiency, their interaction with colleagues...EVERYTHING.

Show us that and you might have a basis in reality for your belief.

Why don't you show us two people who work equally in every way...their performance, their results, their attendance, their efficiency, their interaction with colleagues...EVERYTHING.

I've already posted several articles that state that there is an unexplained gap, in damn near every field. I don't believe it's a big coincidence or that all women in America are inherently inferior to men.

But like I said, I also don't think it's a real issue, as the gap is relatively small and closing on its own, and there are laws in place that people can take advantage of.

I've already posted several articles that state that there is an unexplained gap, in damn near every field. I don't believe it's a big coincidence or that all women in America are inherently inferior to men.

But like I said, I also don't think it's a real issue, as the gap is relatively small and closing on its own, and there are laws in place that people can take advantage of.

OK, so you admit there is no real issue here.

Forum List

Back