Good quote from Elisabeth Warren

Who says I'm bitching about equal pay?

The 1st pages is filled with people suggesting there is no pay gap between men and women, when in fact there is one.

I agree Amy, except the problem is you cant compare men and women directly.....women need alot more time off for pregnancies and when they decide to stay home to raise children....they lose those years of work and experience...it sucks....but it's true....and usually those are in their 20s-30s when you really build the foundation of your career

So when they do these studies you have to see how they are done...and I'm not supporting or denying any of them at the moment, just setting the expectations to understand that a man at 50 will probably have alot more experience than a woman at 50...and I havent taken into account the more dangerous jobs...which is a whole nother issue

If you read any of the articles I posted, you would see that almost all fields, even in female dominated fields, women make less. And they make less even when you account for all the issues that have been brought up, like maternity leave.

That is because they usually work less hours than men in the same job.

Who does not have access to birth control?

When I was in school, I got mine from the health department. I was 'poor' as dirt working and going to school. The Health Department was in an area which was not the best. I mention this because everyone always mentions the 'poor'. The clinic was within walking distance of many a neighborhood, so I have a hard time understanding why people say the poor have no access to such.

I looked up a random health department and this is what I found avaliable:

Birth Control Methods:
•Free Condoms
•Birth Control Pills
•The Shot (Depo -Provera)
•IUD
•Abstinence
•Natural Family Planning
•Vaginal Ring *
•Diaphragm *
•Contraceptive Patch *
•Emergency Contraceptive
•Florida KidCare - free or low cost health insurance for children
•Female and Male Sterilization – referred to local providers
◦Bilateral Tubal Ligation
◦Vasectomy (including the No-Scalpel Technique)

* available by prescription

Initial/Annual Exams and Consultations (appointment necessary, same day appointments available): Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 7:30 am to 2:30 pm, Thursdays from 7:30 am to 10:00 am.

Plese feel free to print out and fill-out this health history form before arrival.

The Seminole County Health Department provides confidential family planning services including physical exams, screenings for HIV, sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), and breast and cervical cancer, counseling and education, and birth control methods. Funding is available for tubal ligations and vasectomies depending on eligibility.

The Teen Clinic offers confidential STD, HIV, and cervical cancer screenings; counseling; and birth control methods to teens age 12 years to 18 years. Educational information is available to groups and individuals. For more information on the Teen Clinic, click here.

Pregnancy testing is available free of charge for ages 18 and younger.

For more information on each birth control method, what services are covered each visit, and the Medicaid Family Planning Waiver Program visit: Family Planning - Infant, Maternal & Reproductive Health.

Methods of Payment:
•Fees are charged on a sliding fee scale based on income and determined through an eligibility process.
•We accept Medicaid, including Family Planning Medicaid Waiver.
•Please call to set up an eligibility appointment by calling 407.665.3700
•Birth control is free for clients 18 and younger.

Seminole County Health Department - Family Planning

Because of my income I paid 3 dollars for a three month supply.

Why don't more women major in Engineering rather than "social sciences?" Don't tell me it is due to discrimination- more girls than boys take advanced math classes in high school.

I believe in equal pay for equal work...

Why don't you show us two people who work equally in every way...their performance, their results, their attendance, their efficiency, their interaction with colleagues...EVERYTHING.

Show us that and you might have a basis in reality for your belief.

So you believe that it is the man who is always beating women out in the categories you list and that is why they get paid more?

Equal pay for everyone who works the same job and not your opinion on who is better at it. If someone is slacking, taking lots of time off, efficiency issues, etc. fire them but don't act like one person should get more than another if they're doing the same job.

You don't think you should pay people who do a better job more money?

I agree Amy, except the problem is you cant compare men and women directly.....women need alot more time off for pregnancies and when they decide to stay home to raise children....they lose those years of work and experience...it sucks....but it's true....and usually those are in their 20s-30s when you really build the foundation of your career

So when they do these studies you have to see how they are done...and I'm not supporting or denying any of them at the moment, just setting the expectations to understand that a man at 50 will probably have alot more experience than a woman at 50...and I havent taken into account the more dangerous jobs...which is a whole nother issue

If you read any of the articles I posted, you would see that almost all fields, even in female dominated fields, women make less. And they make less even when you account for all the issues that have been brought up, like maternity leave.

They account for that.

“I want to be blunt: We should not be fighting about equal pay for equal work, and access to birth control, in 2012. These issues were resolved years ago – until the Republicans brought them back.”

qft

You just believed her lie, and are now spreading it.

You should be embarrassed.

The dems having nothing good to run on, brought all these laws back up to have them re-voted on, the reps refused to waste the time.

wow was that a dumb quote..

please people in Massachusetts DON'T put that lady on us

200px-Ward_Churchill.jpg

“I want to be blunt: We should not be fighting about equal pay for equal work, and access to birth control, in 2012. These issues were resolved years ago – until the Republicans brought them back.”

Very impressive high cheekbones. :clap2:

They account for that.

They say they account for it, without access to the raw data from their studies you cannot be sure they actually do.

qft

The pubpots push for sharia law really would take us back to the Dark Ages if we allow it.

You misspelled "I'm a fucking retard."

What's REALLY hilarious? You condemn the GOP for wanting to do something, and give radical Islam a free pass for wanting the same thing.

And by "hilarious", I mean "retarded and hypocritical".

Cry me a fucking river. Why do football players get millions to play while we all work?
Answer: Because that's their deemed value.
Is it dumb? Yep but that's life deal with it or buy a lot of Kleenexs
You don't have to care that women make less than men, I'm simply pointing out that that part of the OP isn't a lie.

Is your so called under paid doctor making a good living?

The idea that someone deserves a raise just because someone else got one is asinine
The left demands equality of results, not equality of opportunities.

qft

I see you have bought into the lie that Republicans are trying to kill women.
In Ravagina's defense, it's only because she's stupid and gullible.

trojan22count.jpg

There's your access.

When did anyone ever stop you or Warren or Fluke from going to a drugstore?
If there are actually people who use condoms on this site that read this... And you don't like condoms because it removes the feeling... Yes... You are correct.

Not all condoms are built equally. Trojans are good for protection, bad for feeling, and I have yet to meet the woman that likes the way they smell.

Lifestyles condoms are better. Better feeling, better.. Well... More woman friendly. More woman friendly, more sex. That's how it works. Try that instead of not using one at all or relying on her to take care of birth control.

I love the equal pay for equal work line... I've seen how this pans out for years. You have two candidates for a position, one's a man, one's a woman. The man is OK with extensive travel, late hours, occasional weekends, etc. The woman? Not so much, she has kids to take care of.

Why I would I pay her the same as the man?

Yeah because birth control for women is the most things on peoples minds this election season. Not that they are unemployed or their house has been forclosed on or our country just dropped the ball in Libya and 4 Americans are dead. Yep that is what we care about. You are a left wing hack.. Go up Obama's ass again..

:anj_stfu::asshole:

Nothing more personal than government trying to tell you what you can or cannot do with your body...with your relationships. That gets attention right away. Just ask the Susan B. Komen Charity.

But the government must provide you with contraception?

What happens if the government is late with the Condom check, do you sue for loss of consortium? Do they send you the contraception directly or just the money? Does one tell you what you can and can't do but not the other

Forum List

Back