God given rights?

And the reality is God's fingerprints are all over the American Revolution. You think it was just a coincidence that natural events would favor the Colonists over the British again and again in key battles?

Yes...yes I do. You want to see what you want to see.everyone wants to think god is on there side. If I was a god I would be insulted that my believers think I would pick a side.
but then again I am not a god,but I am rational.

So you think the Nazi's had God on their side?

You telling me they didn't think so?

Which is why I find this god is on my side arguement to be funny.

the Founding Fathers put God in numerous documents setting the stage for this country.

Oh, you might want to get that In God We Trust off the money while you're at it, idiot.

Senator Paul Ryan. Senator, GOP leader, writer of budgets.

In this little interview he says rights come from god and are not given by governments. That may be true but God is incredibly bad at keeping those rights for his people and never once has he intervened, personally, to lend a hand. It has always been our job to raise the armies, take the casualties and shoulder the burden while God sits idly by without even a muted cheer.

Even the founders knew better. The declaration states that, "to secure these rights governments are instituted among men". I guess there is no need for those first ten amendments to the constitution either. With god on our side who the hell needs a Bill of Rights?

Being an atheist god and I have a tenuous relationship and if Ryan does not mind I prefer a rule of law to a theocracy.

Ryan is here

Paul Ryan: Repeal health law because rights come from God | The Raw Story

The declaration is here. (Although our patriotic and learned rightwingnuts should have no need of verification. This holy text should be burned into their memory if not their soul)

Declaration of Independence - Text Transcript

A right given only by man or the created government of man could subsequently be taken away.... when you deem a right as inalienable and given by a power or authority higher than man, you are basically saying that no matter what man may do, deep down all of mankind still should have that right

And I'll say it again...

For those who simply want to use the thread as another way to bash people who believe in something more than themselves

If Americans believe in an inalienable right to life, how can we tolerate a system that denies people lifesaving medications and treatments?

If Americans believe in an inalienable right to life, how can we that deny that same life to unborn babies?

If Americans believe in personal freedom, how can they deny a woman's right to control her own body?

Simple ,many because of the more than blatantly obvious reality,we give the same personnel freedoms to the unborn little boy or girl.

They can do whatever they want with their body. It's the body of the unborn child that they dont have a right to terminate.

Until the woman gives birth to the fetus, the fetus is part of a woman's body.

If that were the case, the fetus would have her DNA signature, and not one unique unto itself

Irrelevant. No human being has the right to the use of the body of another human being against their will. Do you disagree with that?

Yes...yes I do. You want to see what you want to see.everyone wants to think god is on there side. If I was a god I would be insulted that my believers think I would pick a side.

So you think the Nazi's had God on their side?

You telling me they didn't think so?

Which is why I find this god is on my side arguement to be funny.

Im not asking what the Nazi's thought... I am asking YOU.

Sure......but we live in reality.

And the reality is God's fingerprints are all over the American Revolution. You think it was just a coincidence that natural events would favor the Colonists over the British again and again in key battles?

And what exactly is irrational about believing God acts in the affairs of man?

If that were the case, the fetus would have her DNA signature, and not one unique unto itself

Irrelevant. No human being has the right to the use of the body of another human being against their will. Do you disagree with that?

Is it really against their will when they use their body in a way to become pregnant?

I would say the act of fucking like a rabbit negates your 'against their will' argument...

Actually. God was quite active in preserving the Revolutionaries during the war. There were Miracles at the Battles of Boston, Long Island, Trenton, Princeton, and Yorktown (just to mention some of the biggest battles). Without the intervention of Divine Providence, the Continental army would have been crushed the First few months.

What people fail to realize is that God will only intervene if we keep our end of the covenant with Him. If we are Proud, dishonest, corrupt, apathetic, and violate His commands and counsels, we have no promise for His intervention. If we live ungodly lives, we are going to be brought into bondage. It's the truth that sets us free. It's by living the Truth that we can obtain the promises God has made to us.

This user believes Avatar is nuts.

You can't do anything to your body that will harm others.

Like say you have HIV and you go to the subway to slit your wrists and get blood on others, you don't have a right to spread your blood on others while killing yourself.

So a woman doesn't have the right to kill an unborn baby out of "convenience" like she wants to stay skinny to keep screwing men, she wants to be a model, etc.

Actually. God was quite active in preserving the Revolutionaries during the war. There were Miracles at the Battles of Boston, Long Island, Trenton, Princeton, and Yorktown (just to mention some of the biggest battles). Without the intervention of Divine Providence, the Continental army would have been crushed the First few months.

What people fail to realize is that God will only intervene if we keep our end of the covenant with Him. If we are Proud, dishonest, corrupt, apathetic, and violate His commands and counsels, we have no promise for His intervention. If we live ungodly lives, we are going to be brought into bondage. It's the truth that sets us free. It's by living the Truth that we can obtain the promises God has made to us.

So true !
George Washington was one of the biggest of believers from the experiences he encountered during his battles. How many times did he say he was saved from bullets and that he would not have survived without divine intervention? :D
Every single one of them believed we won the war with God's help.

So where was God on Nine-Eleven?

Then give the fetus its day in court.. convict it of civil rights violations and sentence it to prison

Or start prosecuting those babies who are breastfeeding... or that start reaching for their parents when the parents want to be left alone... or that crawl up next to their parents when they are cold...

You are about as ignorant as they come... and I think GB and GP have addressed your little snarky comment sufficiently as well

Is it really against their will when they use their body in a way to become pregnant?

If it is against their will, then it is against their will. I believe the phrase is, "No means no." So I ask again, do you disagree with my statement?

Then give the fetus its day in court.. convict it of civil rights violations and sentence it to prison

Or start prosecuting those babies who are breastfeeding... or that start reaching for their parents when the parents want to be left alone... or that crawl up next to their parents when they are cold...

You are about as ignorant as they come... and I think GB and GP have addressed your little snarky comment sufficiently as well

So you would agree then that I have the right to your body, so long as my need is great enough. Or does your position only apply when it is someone else's body?

Really, it is not my fault if the moral foundation you base your position on is weak.

Sure He does. He certainly intervened a lot during the American Revolution. Ive already pointed out some real events where He was active. If it wasnt for the Hand of Divine Providence Washington and the army would have been crushed within months. The Founders certainly recognized and thanked God for his merciful intervention in the cause of their liberty.

The problem is too many people expect to just ask with out taking any effort on their own. They think talking with God is like ordering a pizza. They say what they want and they expect Him to deliver it with no effort on their part. That's not how God works. It never has been.

A covenant relationship requires action, thought, effort on our part. Not to "save" ourselves. But the preparation to let God work through us is something people completely neglect.

Instead of humbling ourselves, we act with pride. Instead of being grateful, we are covetous. Instead of being honest, we lie when it suits us.

God is bound when we do what He says. He has to bless us with the promises He has promised. But when we dont do what He says we have no promise.

Gimme a break.

There were lots of god-fearing men on the Brit's side during the Revolution too. Who answered their prayers? Or were they praying to the wrong god? Or was it that there simply weren't enough men praying at the same time? Or was it that all Brits were just plain evil during those times and didn't deserve to win?

And what was the other side fighting for? Liberty? Hardly. They were on the side of Tyranny.

Get it ace?

They were on the side of tyranny? Which side had the slave owners?

Liberals are convinced that since they have a right to eat, that includes a right to be taken to lunch at Wolfgang Pucks.

Forum List

Back