God given rights?

During the Civil War, the Confederates POW camp experienced an act of God when the stream which fed through the prison had dried up and a spring appeared in the middle of the camp, which they named Providence Spring. I bet there was a lot of prayers answered during that period of time.

How about the story of St. Paul's Epicopal Church in New York City that was saved by a sycamore tree in the 9/11 attacks?

St. paul's is where George Washington attended services in the days when NYC was the Capitol Of The United States before DC was built.

Washington on the day of his inaguration attended services there and proclaimed the covenant betwenn God and the new Republic that fought and won it's freedom in the name of God as proclaimed in the Declaration.

The Harbinger: The Ancient Mystery That Holds the Secret of America's Future [Book]

That would be IT. ^

What MLK did was organize people to change the minds of other people. All of the prayers to God made not a whit of difference.

If your neighbors don't think you have a right to your home, they can come over, put a bullet behind your ear and take it. That has been happening since the beginning of human history and never once has God intervened to stop it. If you get robbed, you don't call God. You call the police. The police operate under the authority of the law. The law exists because men create it. If your neighbors decide it is legal to rob, beat and kill you - then that is what will happen no matter how hard you pray.

No.. See Alan Keyes above for what what happens when POWER to rob, beat and kill me has it's boot on my neck.. You don't DEFEAT righteousness and moral superiority with power. And perhaps -- had you been in Selma with MLK -- those prayers to a higher authority than the law might have done YOU some good in that cause as well...

You're simply a defeatist who believes in capitulation in the face of evil...

The only way you do it is with power. If not the power of the gun, the power of public opinion. Without either, you lose. But you believe as you please. People have died fighting evil so that you can think they had nothing to do with it.

You bet I'll do as I please. Because when I see evil -- I don't accept it. I don't acquisce to it. I don't reason with it. Not even public opinion or the gun assures the rights and morals that I believe in... And the Declaration and references to God in this country's founding was a wise reminder of why we can't let that pessimistic attitude prevail..

No bible-thumping or fire/brimstone required here to defend the concept.

Nonsense. What got us through was a long supply line on the part of the British and a large area to patrol. Not to mention they were fighting against what they saw was their own people. Human beings won that conflict, just as other human beings lost it. God was not on either side. God does not intervene.

So it was human beings who created the fog, ice, wind, etc that just coincidently showed up at all the right times for the revolutionaries and the wrong times for the British?

If Americans believe in an inalienable right to life, how can we tolerate a system that denies people lifesaving medications and treatments?

If Americans believe in an inalienable right to life, how can we that deny that same life to unborn babies?

If Americans believe in personal freedom, how can they deny a woman's right to control her own body?

They can do whatever they want with their body. It's the body of the unborn child that they dont have a right to terminate.

When you're sitting in a concentration camp and experiencing the failings of the "laws of men" --- tell me who YOU are gonna appeal to for your rights....

At that point, you can appeal to God. Appeal and appeal and appeal. However, it takes very little perusal of history to find that does no good at all. God does not intervene.

All of your "rights" exist only so long as your neighbors agree they exist. It isn't any God which bestows them upon you, it is the society in which you live which does. As it can bestow, it can remove. Anyone who thinks otherwise simply is not paying attention.

Sure He does. He certainly intervened a lot during the American Revolution. Ive already pointed out some real events where He was active. If it wasnt for the Hand of Divine Providence Washington and the army would have been crushed within months. The Founders certainly recognized and thanked God for his merciful intervention in the cause of their liberty.

The problem is too many people expect to just ask with out taking any effort on their own. They think talking with God is like ordering a pizza. They say what they want and they expect Him to deliver it with no effort on their part. That's not how God works. It never has been.

A covenant relationship requires action, thought, effort on our part. Not to "save" ourselves. But the preparation to let God work through us is something people completely neglect.

Instead of humbling ourselves, we act with pride. Instead of being grateful, we are covetous. Instead of being honest, we lie when it suits us.

God is bound when we do what He says. He has to bless us with the promises He has promised. But when we dont do what He says we have no promise.

Gimme a break.

There were lots of god-fearing men on the Brit's side during the Revolution too. Who answered their prayers? Or were they praying to the wrong god? Or was it that there simply weren't enough men praying at the same time? Or was it that all Brits were just plain evil during those times and didn't deserve to win?

If Americans believe in an inalienable right to life, how can we that deny that same life to unborn babies?

If Americans believe in personal freedom, how can they deny a woman's right to control her own body?

They can do whatever they want with their body. It's the body of the unborn child that they dont have a right to terminate.

Until the woman gives birth to the fetus, the fetus is part of a woman's body.

At that point, you can appeal to God. Appeal and appeal and appeal. However, it takes very little perusal of history to find that does no good at all. God does not intervene.

All of your "rights" exist only so long as your neighbors agree they exist. It isn't any God which bestows them upon you, it is the society in which you live which does. As it can bestow, it can remove. Anyone who thinks otherwise simply is not paying attention.

Sure He does. He certainly intervened a lot during the American Revolution. Ive already pointed out some real events where He was active. If it wasnt for the Hand of Divine Providence Washington and the army would have been crushed within months. The Founders certainly recognized and thanked God for his merciful intervention in the cause of their liberty.

The problem is too many people expect to just ask with out taking any effort on their own. They think talking with God is like ordering a pizza. They say what they want and they expect Him to deliver it with no effort on their part. That's not how God works. It never has been.

A covenant relationship requires action, thought, effort on our part. Not to "save" ourselves. But the preparation to let God work through us is something people completely neglect.

Instead of humbling ourselves, we act with pride. Instead of being grateful, we are covetous. Instead of being honest, we lie when it suits us.

God is bound when we do what He says. He has to bless us with the promises He has promised. But when we dont do what He says we have no promise.

Gimme a break.

There were lots of god-fearing men on the Brit's side during the Revolution too. Who answered their prayers? Or were they praying to the wrong god? Or was it that there simply weren't enough men praying at the same time? Or was it that all Brits were just plain evil during those times and didn't deserve to win?

And what was the other side fighting for? Liberty? Hardly. They were on the side of Tyranny.

Get it ace?

Until the woman gives birth to the fetus, the fetus is part of a woman's body.

If that were the case, the fetus would have her DNA signature, and not one unique unto itself

How about the story of St. Paul's Epicopal Church in New York City that was saved by a sycamore tree in the 9/11 attacks?

St. paul's is where George Washington attended services in the days when NYC was the Capitol Of The United States before DC was built.

Washington on the day of his inaguration attended services there and proclaimed the covenant betwenn God and the new Republic that fought and won it's freedom in the name of God as proclaimed in the Declaration.

The Harbinger: The Ancient Mystery That Holds the Secret of America's Future [Book]

That would be IT. ^

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9imMSXZvXvw]Jonathan Cahn - GBTV - YouTube[/ame]

Gimme a break.

I have no doubt that there wer emany Brit's whose prayer was answered. But the simple fact is that a people who follow God can call upon Him to grant them liberty.

Gandhi tried to teach this to His people. They wouldnt be free until they turned to God and governed themselves.

When a people live their individual covenants with God, the powers of God are made manifest. Can any of you truly deny the miracles that occured to save the Continental armies?

The miracles in Boston, Long Island, Trenton, Princeton, Valley Forge, Philadelphia, Yorktown and countless other places won us our Independence.

This nation was establshed because It was God's will to do so. It furthered His purposes. That's why He made the covenant with the Founders. And our Nation can only be restored if we turn to Him, Envoke the covenant through our daily actions. If we turn away from the American Covenant we will be brought into bondage and destroyed by our own foolish actions.

Actually. God was quite active in preserving the Revolutionaries during the war. There were Miracles at the Battles of Boston, Long Island, Trenton, Princeton, and Yorktown (just to mention some of the biggest battles). Without the intervention of Divine Providence, the Continental army would have been crushed the First few months.

What people fail to realize is that God will only intervene if we keep our end of the covenant with Him. If we are Proud, dishonest, corrupt, apathetic, and violate His commands and counsels, we have no promise for His intervention. If we live ungodly lives, we are going to be brought into bondage. It's the truth that sets us free. It's by living the Truth that we can obtain the promises God has made to us.

Sure......but we live in reality.

The Bulletproof George Washington - Captured Miracles

"The Bullet Proof George Washington"

“Foolishness!” the Indian chief exclaimed, as he gazed scornfully across the battlefield. From their hiding places the French and Indian warriors could see the British soldiers dressed in their bright red uniforms, shoulder to shoulder; 1500 men marching down the forest road to their death, like a grove of small trees waiting to be chopped to the ground.

The British were trained for European battle and stood little chance against the French and Indian guerilla warfare.

Fully exposed atop their horses, British officers attempted to hold their men in formation even as the Indian warriors shot them one by one.

The slaughter ensued for two hours.

“Quick! Let your aim be certain, and he dies!” the chief commanded.

The warriors leveled their rifles at Washington—round after round, bullet after bullet; smoke filled the forest. Twice his horse was shot from beneath him. As horses were left by the death of fellow
officers, he mounted them and continued to crisscross the battlefield carrying orders to the soldiers. More rounds fired, the sharpshooters taking one life after another. Nearly 1000 young men were killed, and still, Lieutenant Colonel Washington remained.

The native warriors stared in disbelief. Their rifles seldom missed their mark.

“Stop firing!” the Chief commanded. “This one is under special protection of the Great Spirit.”

Another Indian warrior added, “I had seventeen clear shots at this man . . . and after all, could not bring him to the ground. This man was not born to be killed by the bullet.”

As the firing slowed, Washington gathered the remaining troops and retreated to safety. That evening, he noticed an odd tear in his coat. It was a bullet hole! He rolled up his sleeve and looked at his arm directly under the hole. There was no mark upon his skin. Amazed, he took off his coat to find three more holes where bullets had passed through the fabric, never piercing his skin. The life of George Washington had been miraculously spared.

Lol...cute story..but just a story.

Actually. God was quite active in preserving the Revolutionaries during the war. There were Miracles at the Battles of Boston, Long Island, Trenton, Princeton, and Yorktown (just to mention some of the biggest battles). Without the intervention of Divine Providence, the Continental army would have been crushed the First few months.

What people fail to realize is that God will only intervene if we keep our end of the covenant with Him. If we are Proud, dishonest, corrupt, apathetic, and violate His commands and counsels, we have no promise for His intervention. If we live ungodly lives, we are going to be brought into bondage. It's the truth that sets us free. It's by living the Truth that we can obtain the promises God has made to us.

And the reality is God's fingerprints are all over the American Revolution. You think it was just a coincidence that natural events would favor the Colonists over the British again and again in key battles?

And the reality is God's fingerprints are all over the American Revolution. You think it was just a coincidence that natural events would favor the Colonists over the British again and again in key battles?

Yes...yes I do. You want to see what you want to see.everyone wants to think god is on there side. If I was a god I would be insulted that my believers think I would pick a side.
but then again I am not a god,but I am rational.

Yes...yes I do. You want to see what you want to see.everyone wants to think god is on there side. If I was a god I would be insulted that my believers think I would pick a side.
but then again I am not a god,but I am rational.

So you think the Nazi's had God on their side?

Forum List

Back