God; a good father or a deadbeat dad. Which is the truth?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

The use of the term Father in speaking of God is quite ancient and was around way before Jesus started using the term, even though he used son of man a lot more than son of God.

A son calling someone father in the proud way Jesus did is respecting a worthy father, but if we look at Yahweh, I do not see how anyone could be proud of such a father.

Yahweh is definitely portrayed as being quite vile thanks to his use of genocide, infanticide and punishing the innocent instead of the guilty quite often. Yahweh is also shown to covet Joseph’s wife, cuckold Joseph, produce a son and then take off for parts unknown leaving his responsibility for his son to others thus showing himself to be a deadbeat dad.

Scripture say that we are all sons of God. To be relevant to his children, a father has to be around to interact with them. It seems that God does not want to be relevant to us as he remains absent and places us, his children, at the mercy of people who have written scripture more to enrich themselves than to give us the messages from God that they claim to know. Even though scriptures say that God id unknowable and unfathomable and his desires cannot be known.

My analysis of the bible and God does not show God to be a good father.

Do you, as a child of God, see God as a good father or as more of a deadbeat dad?

Regards

DL

Well as some see it, you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette, and blind faith and/or fear helps when reinforced with death, destruction and calamity at the personal level thrown in for good measure to mortals from a superior god.......Knee pads now on special discounted sale...

He is a good father. In fact He is the archetype for Fatherhood.

He is honest
He is true
He is just
He is full of mercy.
He is willing to sacrifice all for His children.

Yahweh is God the Son, not God the Father. He became a man and atoned for our sins do that we could become like He is.

The scripture teach us to know God. We know Him by serving Him. Eternal life is to know God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. If you can't know them then none have eternal life.

You can know His doctrine by doing it. You can know His voice by obeying it. You can know His love by seeking it.

Ask and ye shall receive. seek and ye shall find. Knock and it shall be opened unto you

He is a good father. In fact He is the archetype for Fatherhood.

Yet he first decided to have Jesus murdered needlessly and then also murdered his next two children, A & E.

1Peter 1:20 0 He was chosen before the creation of the world, but was revealed in these last times for your sake.

You can use that dick as an archetype if you like. I will pass.

He is just

Read that quote again as it shows his accepting a bribe/sacrifice to alter his judgement that usually went to punishing the guilty instead of the innocent.

I hope you can make argument better than just posting the lies you did.

He is full of mercy.

That must be why he is always killing in scriptures instead of curing. Seems you do not know what mercy is.

He is willing to sacrifice all for His children.

True, more than likely.

Tell us though, should sons bury fathers or fathers bury sons? Which would you like to do?

As to your immoral substitutionary atonement cop out.

Can anyone but you atone for your sin?

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

I was mot impressed with your lack of thought shown above. I hope there is more to you than your mouthing of your immoral dogma.

Regards
DL

The truth doesn't care if you are impressed with it. It simply is.

He sacrificed Himself because He loves you

A person or God that loves me would not ask me to do an immoral thing.

Having or accepting that another innocent person suffer for the wrongs I have done, --- so that I might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Jesus died on the cross in a diaper to pay for my sins, so since that bill is paid, all sinning is IRRELEVANT!!!

Having or accepting that another innocent person suffer for the wrongs I have done, --- so that I might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral.

Jesus came with a message from God the Father: Repentance for the forgiveness of sins. This announcement, that of turning away from sin, and forgiveness is yours, was novel and innovative news. Jesus insisted this was the New Covenant (Testament) between God and His people. Like anything new and innovative, it was met with opposition. Jesus was told to cease and desist. When he didn't take the hint he was crucified, and his blood became the sign of the New Covenant. Christ was the sacrifice, his blood was the seal of the covenant. People of the day, and of Jewish religious background, understood the meaning of this.

Jesus suffered, yes. However, as always, it our responsibility to turn away from sin and make reparation (as far as possible) for sins we forget.

Jesus came with a message from God the Father: Repentance for the forgiveness of sins. This announcement, that of turning away from sin, and forgiveness is yours, was novel and innovative news. Jesus insisted this was the New Covenant (Testament) between God and His people. Like anything new and innovative, it was met with opposition. Jesus was told to cease and desist. When he didn't take the hint he was crucified, and his blood became the sign of the New Covenant. Christ was the sacrifice, his blood was the seal of the covenant. People of the day, and of Jewish religious background, understood the meaning of this.

Jesus suffered, yes. However, as always, it our responsibility to turn away from sin and make reparation (as far as possible) for sins we forget.

That message was already known.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1 Timothy 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Further, I see Jesus' death as more of a suicide than a sacrifice.

The wages of sin is death and if Jesus died he must have been a sinner and suicide is considered a sin by many.

If you read the last supper myth, suicide is what you will see. It is quite obvious.

Regards
DL

God is the father of human kind, he is not your father nor mine. He is our creator and our salvation. He is not our judge, we are our own judge, but do evil and he will be the one who punishes.

Jesus already died for your sins, you have no debt to pay.

God is the father of human kind, he is not your father nor mine. He is our creator and our salvation. He is not our judge, we are our own judge, but do evil and he will be the one who punishes.

So he is not our judge, but judges us to decide if we deserve punishment or not.

Thanks for showing your lack of thinking ability.

Regards
DL

That particular idea was first presented about five hundred years ago with the "Reformation". Catholic teaching relies on Apostolic teaching dating back to Christ's teachings. Jesus is clear: Repentance (turning away from sin) for the forgiveness of sins.

Let's not forget Old Testament teachings (Isaiah 43:25) - It is I, the Lord, who wipe out your offenses; your sins I remember no more. Would you have me remember, have us come to trial? This reminds us there never was any "debt to pay". Repent and forgiveness is yours--sin (and therefore debt) forgotten.

That particular idea was first presented about five hundred years ago with the "Reformation". Catholic teaching relies on Apostolic teaching dating back to Christ's teachings. Jesus is clear: Repentance (turning away from sin) for the forgiveness of sins.

Let's not forget Old Testament teachings (Isaiah 43:25) - It is I, the Lord, who wipe out your offenses; your sins I remember no more. Would you have me remember, have us come to trial? This reminds us there never was any "debt to pay". Repent and forgiveness is yours--sin (and therefore debt) forgotten.
Jesus was wrong (or maybe it's just you?), he died on the cross for our sins, all the religions of the bible say so.

Jesus was wrong (or maybe it's just you?), he died on the cross for our sins, all the religions of the bible say so.

Star Wars can be summed up with: Darth Vader is Luke's Father. What? There is so much more to Star Wars than that? You don't say!

If a person wants to argue against faith, all they have to do is take one line from the Bible and make it look ridiculous--which is like trying to kill someone by giving them a manicure. What saved the Jews of Exodus from death? The blood of a sacrificial lamb. What saves Christians from death? Our sacrificial lamb. Just like the Jews could not rest on their laurels and stay exactly where they were, nor can Christians. The Jews had to overcome the desert. Christians have to overcome sin. Very few Christians will say differently.

A person or God that loves me would not ask me to do an immoral thing.

Do you agree?

Regards
DL

How is mercy immoral?

Forum List

Back