Glenn Beck could go to jail?

How do you go to jail from a defamation lawsuit ?
???? Sharia law (Arabic: شريعة) is the body of Islamic law. The term means "way" or "path"; it is the legal framework within which the public and some private aspects of life are regulated for those living in a legal system based on Islam. ???????

Till he annointed Cruz. He's still Never Trump. You should see these Mormon whackos. Man oh man they are something to behold.
He's only been never Trump for a few months. He was pro-extremist lunatic for decades before that. Like the rest of talk radio and conservative media. And now here we are.

Piss off. He's been pro Cruz for months on end. It's the Mormon in him.
You hate Mormons now?

I don't hate them yet. Trying to figure them out. Strange bunch for true. Certainly not Christians.

"Certainly not Christians"? Oh, you are the determiner of that, are you? Billy Graham disagrees.

I've learned the hard way that Mormons aren't Christians.

Guess what Bod. If you think they are prove it to me. Anyone out there want to prove to me that Mormons are Christians by all means, do it.

He's only been never Trump for a few months. He was pro-extremist lunatic for decades before that. Like the rest of talk radio and conservative media. And now here we are.

You hate Mormons now?

I don't hate them yet. Trying to figure them out. Strange bunch for true. Certainly not Christians.

"Certainly not Christians"? Oh, you are the determiner of that, are you? Billy Graham disagrees.

I've learned the hard way that Mormons aren't Christians.

Guess what Bod. If you think they are prove it to me. Anyone out there want to prove to me that Mormons are Christians by all means, do it.

Me thinks you should sleep it off and revisit this thread in the morning.

get the republican!!!!!
Glen Beck isn't a Republican. He's a Mormon, just like Romney!
What's a Mormon?
Glenn is a Mormon and a Conservative. Romney, tyroneweaver, and Avatar are Mormons (of the LDS sect) and Republicans.
I knew Beck, Romney and Tyrone were conservatives and Mormons. If those fucks are going to call me a liberal when I'm a conservative and a former Republican until Aug 9, 1974, then I'll just call those types who are irrational far right wing idiots and Mormons, Mormons in kind. Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
I don't remember calling you a liberal.
btw: Beck, and Romney are not cons. They're to far to the left for me.

Till he annointed Cruz. He's still Never Trump. You should see these Mormon whackos. Man oh man they are something to behold.

You hate Mormons now?

Many are you just have to get past the weird ones to see a lot of good people were just born into that church.

Much the way that the GOP screwed itself by giving in to nutjob conspiracies resulting in Trump, Beck has seemingly screwed himself in the same way. After the Boston bombing, Beck was SOOO hell-bent on fomenting partisan hatred and insanity, that he attempted to destroy the life of a completely innocent man in a ratings grab.

Now, much like the GOP and Losin' Donald's nomination, it's coming back to bite him in the ass:

In the weeks after the 2013 attack that killed three people and injured 264 others, the conservative media host reported that a Saudi Arabian student was part of the plot. Authorities had “tagged” 20-year-old Abdulrahman Alharbi as a “proven terrorist” who funded the operation, Beck alleged.

“You know who the Saudi is?” Beck, formerly of Fox News, said. “He’s the guy who paid for it.”

The claim was untrue. Police did question Alharbi, who had attended the marathon and was injured in the blast. They even searched his apartment and Facebook account. Within a day of the attack, authorities had cleared him of any wrongdoing.

That didn’t stop Beck from pushing the “money man” theory. In several radio broadcasts and posts on his website TheBlaze, Beck claimed that Alharbi recruited the two brothers who carried out the attack, and ultimately gave them the “go order” for the bombing.

In an order issued Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Patti B. Saris in Massachusetts ruled that Beck must identify at least two officials from the Department of Homeland Security who, according to Beck, gave TheBlaze the information purportedly linking Alharbi to the bombing.

The ruling came in a defamation lawsuit Alharbi filed after the attack alleging that Beck falsely accused him of participating in it, causing him “grave injury.”

Saris’s order could set up a First Amendment battle. If Beck refuses to comply, the judge could impose sanctions or even take the extreme step of jailing Beck for contempt.

Judge orders Glenn Beck to reveal sources for story linking innocent man to Boston Marathon bombing

Serious question. Should Woodward and Bernstein sat in jail until they revealed the identity of "deep throat?"

get the republican!!!!!
What's a Mormon?
Glenn is a Mormon and a Conservative. Romney, tyroneweaver, and Avatar are Mormons (of the LDS sect) and Republicans.
I knew Beck, Romney and Tyrone were conservatives and Mormons. If those fucks are going to call me a liberal when I'm a conservative and a former Republican until Aug 9, 1974, then I'll just call those types who are irrational far right wing idiots and Mormons, Mormons in kind. Sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

If you had called thoughtcrimes a liberal, you'd have been right

Donald J. Trump For President • /r/The_Donald
190,000 members on this message board disagree with you.

Lol wow what a shitshow that place is. I'll bookmark it in case I ever need some laughs.

Anyways that doesn't change anything about what I said.
The millennials you Trump haters claim will vote for Hillary.
How does it feel to know you just insulted millennials?

Millennials don't vote at all, for the most part.
They will for Trump; they're seeing what their parents are going through paycheck by paycheck.
Millennials voting for Drumpf? :lol: :lol: :lol: Much more likely Johnson.

He's got the angry old white people in the bag!

Lol wow what a shitshow that place is. I'll bookmark it in case I ever need some laughs.

Anyways that doesn't change anything about what I said.
The millennials you Trump haters claim will vote for Hillary.
How does it feel to know you just insulted millennials?

Millennials don't vote at all, for the most part.
They will for Trump; they're seeing what their parents are going through paycheck by paycheck.
Millennials voting for Drumpf? :lol: :lol: :lol: Much more likely Johnson.

He's got the angry old white people in the bag!
I hope it's a REALLY big bag!

Beck spent his entire career paving the way for Trump. You should be grateful. Now he has to look on in horror at what he's done, and may have to do so from a jail cell.
Wrong he will not go to jail because defamation is not a crime. He can be sued but thats it.
He can be jailed in contempt of court. Like right wing legend Kim Davis.

Hey jackass, beck has a right to protect any of his sources. Your article is crap

Sure. He can refuse to give up his sources, and go to jail for it, as well as almost certainly losing this defamation case.

What country do you live in? He cannot go to jail for not giving up his sources.

I don't know what country you live in but I live in the United States of America.

The first amendment gives the journalist the right follow a story and report it. It doesn't cover anyone from breaking other laws.

It depends on the state a person is in whether they have protection from contempt charges and facing jail. According to the article Massachusetts isn't a state that protects journalists from contempt charges and jail.

Real journalists don't back down and end up in jail.

beck isn't a real journalist so I wouldn't be suprised if he gave up the name of his source to stay out of jail.

If you want to read about journalists who have gone to jail for contempt for not giving the name of an informant just click the link below. It's a search on the subject. Pick any article you want.

journalist goes to jail to protect source

Much the way that the GOP screwed itself by giving in to nutjob conspiracies resulting in Trump, Beck has seemingly screwed himself in the same way. After the Boston bombing, Beck was SOOO hell-bent on fomenting partisan hatred and insanity, that he attempted to destroy the life of a completely innocent man in a ratings grab.

Now, much like the GOP and Losin' Donald's nomination, it's coming back to bite him in the ass:

In the weeks after the 2013 attack that killed three people and injured 264 others, the conservative media host reported that a Saudi Arabian student was part of the plot. Authorities had “tagged” 20-year-old Abdulrahman Alharbi as a “proven terrorist” who funded the operation, Beck alleged.

“You know who the Saudi is?” Beck, formerly of Fox News, said. “He’s the guy who paid for it.”

The claim was untrue. Police did question Alharbi, who had attended the marathon and was injured in the blast. They even searched his apartment and Facebook account. Within a day of the attack, authorities had cleared him of any wrongdoing.

That didn’t stop Beck from pushing the “money man” theory. In several radio broadcasts and posts on his website TheBlaze, Beck claimed that Alharbi recruited the two brothers who carried out the attack, and ultimately gave them the “go order” for the bombing.

In an order issued Tuesday, U.S. District Judge Patti B. Saris in Massachusetts ruled that Beck must identify at least two officials from the Department of Homeland Security who, according to Beck, gave TheBlaze the information purportedly linking Alharbi to the bombing.

The ruling came in a defamation lawsuit Alharbi filed after the attack alleging that Beck falsely accused him of participating in it, causing him “grave injury.”

Saris’s order could set up a First Amendment battle. If Beck refuses to comply, the judge could impose sanctions or even take the extreme step of jailing Beck for contempt.

Judge orders Glenn Beck to reveal sources for story linking innocent man to Boston Marathon bombing

Serious question. Should Woodward and Bernstein sat in jail until they revealed the identity of "deep throat?"
Did they destroy someone's life who was completely innocent? Did they use their massive influence to crush someone, completely fabricating lies and making tons of money off of it?

Did they destroy someone's life who was completely innocent? Did they use their massive influence to crush someone, completely fabricating lies and making tons of money off of it?

:lmao: When called on your crap ... you ... change the standard!!!!!!!!!!! What a douche, your agreeing with that is accepted

:lmao: When called on your crap ... you ... change the standard!!!!!!!!!!! What a douche, your agreeing with that is accepted
Did Nixon sue Woodward or Bernstein for defamation? Did he introduce lies used to completely destroy him that were proven completely false as evidence?

Did Nixon sue Woodward or Bernstein for defamation? Did he introduce lies used to completely destroy him that were proven completely false as evidence?
:lmao: When called on your crap ... you ... change the standard!!!!!!!!!!!

This is your third standard, are we going to go for four or are three enough for you?

:lmao: When called on your crap ... you ... change the standard!!!!!!!!!!!

This is your third standard, are we going to go for four or are three enough for you?
Glenn Beck used his media influence to destroy someone, and profited from it. Everything Beck used was proven to be completely fabricated. Lies based on nothing. And an innocent person was branded a terrorist.

You keep bringing up standards... you're comparing Woodward and Bernstein, who caught a guilty man with his pants down, to Beck who completely lied his ass off, presented false evidence, and destroyed a reputation.

You don't have to respond. We can just see how the case unfolds against Beck.

get the republican!!!!!
What's a Mormon?
Memory goes second after too many years on a tractor! Politically speaking, if I were in Omaha Nebraska, Beck, Romney and you would be somewhere between the Atlantic coastline and the Azores and Sanders and Clinton would be somewhere between the Pacific coast and Hawaii viewing the map with those puffy cheeked cherubs in all four corners blowing like Hell and dragons frolicking in the oceans!

Forum List

Back