Glenn Beck and Color of Change

ScreamingEagle

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2004
Demonized by a group called "Color of Change" (herein after "COC") and similar anti-freedom coalitions, Glenn Beck is decidedly under fire.
In a nutshell the situation is essentially this: Beck, who shares his views with an audience of 2 million + daily, speaks against movements/individuals he considers to be threatening to the liberty of ALL Americans. Right or wrong, that's what he does. His views are contrary to the belief system of "COC" and were especially unsettling to it after Beck specifically called out co-founder Van Jones on his television program. (See You Tube clips attached to this article.) "COC" then starts this "bully and boycott" Beck sponsors initiative to get racist Glenn Beck to shut his mouth and stop hindering their cause. This is done under the pretense that Beck's comments about Obama's response to the arrest of Henry Louis Gates, black Harvard scholar, by police sergeant James Crowley, who is white, were racist in nature. "COC" is alleging that Beck called Obama a racist, he is therefore a racist himself. Before this can be wrapped up in a tidy package there is just one little problem. Isn't "COC" now guilty of EXACTLY the same thing for which Glenn Beck stands "accused"? If the standard of labeling persons "racist" is that they've supposedly called someone else a "racist", doesn't that make "COC" racist by definition? This is the problem with their logic, it's totally circular, unsustainable, and collapses upon itself with even the most casual examination.
August 23, 5:37 PM Wilmington Eschatology Examiner Keith Wimer
www.examiner.c

Glenn Beck has been unbalenced mentally for his entire life.

Go Check his bio.

If you truely think hes fit for the airwaves then it shows how sick you are.

I think it's real telling that Mall-Wart dropped him..... it's only a matter of time until all of his sponsers run away.

glenn-beck-diaper.jpg

His show is pure comedy it should be labeled as such and not as "news".

I like Glenn Beck and watch him even more now because the LEFT has become unhinged at just the mention of his name. They fear him, or they wouldn't be out so hard to shut him down.

Terry you fail to see that it is Beck who is unhinged.

The man has mulitple suicides in his family as well as a long history of drug and alcohol use.

He says what you want to hear.

How very sad that this man is your little hero.

so sad that you assume so much!!! LMAO

You show so much fear over one man.

I like Glenn Beck and watch him even more now because the LEFT has become unhinged at just the mention of his name. They fear him, or they wouldn't be out so hard to shut him down.

The man has mulitple suicides in his family as well as a long history of drug and alcohol use.

Could the ad hominems be any more ad hominem-ier?? :lol:

I have many hero's Glenn isn't one of them...but dude on the other hand. LOL

Glenn Beck - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Beck was born in Mount Vernon, Washington in February 1964, and raised a Roman Catholic. His mother and one of his brothers committed suicide and a sibling had a fatal heart attack.[2] He graduated from Sehome High School in Bellingham, Washington in 1982.

A 2007 profile in "LDS Living" magazine provides a comprehensive history of Beck's early life and career in radio, and states that his first significant exposure to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints came at age 18 when, after graduating high school, he moved from Washington to Salt Lake City, Utah and shared an apartment with a former Mormon missionary. The article goes on to say that his first marriage ended in divorce at age 30 (1994). He and his second wife, Tania, joined the church in October 1999, partly at the urging of his eldest daughter, Mary, who has cerebral palsy.[3]

Beck was admitted to a special program for non-traditional students at Yale University while he was working for a New Haven-area radio station, having received at least one of his recommendations from Senator Joe Lieberman. During this time Beck took a single theology class, dropping out around the time of his divorce.[4]

Beck is a self-described recovering alcoholic and addict. He and his first wife divorced amid his struggle with substance abuse. Beck cites the help of Alcoholics Anonymous in his sobriety, and he eventually converted to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,[5] which teaches against the consumption of alcohol.

Could the ad hominems be any more ad hominem-ier?? :lol:

it's just truthmatters-she's brain damaged.

she makes bobo seem rational

Beck was born in Mount Vernon, Washington in February 1964, and raised a Roman Catholic. His mother and one of his brothers committed suicide and a sibling had a fatal heart attack.[2] He graduated from Sehome High School in Bellingham, Washington in 1982.

A 2007 profile in "LDS Living" magazine provides a comprehensive history of Beck's early life and career in radio, and states that his first significant exposure to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints came at age 18 when, after graduating high school, he moved from Washington to Salt Lake City, Utah and shared an apartment with a former Mormon missionary. The article goes on to say that his first marriage ended in divorce at age 30 (1994). He and his second wife, Tania, joined the church in October 1999, partly at the urging of his eldest daughter, Mary, who has cerebral palsy.[3]

Beck was admitted to a special program for non-traditional students at Yale University while he was working for a New Haven-area radio station, having received at least one of his recommendations from Senator Joe Lieberman. During this time Beck took a single theology class, dropping out around the time of his divorce.[4]

Beck is a self-described recovering alcoholic and addict. He and his first wife divorced amid his struggle with substance abuse. Beck cites the help of Alcoholics Anonymous in his sobriety, and he eventually converted to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,[5] which teaches against the consumption of alcohol.

Now theres a credible source. :cuckoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX1rLv_hNeI]YouTube - Beck From the Dead[/ame]

watch out Truthmatters, the boogie man might get you tonight.

Q&A: Glenn Beck - TIME

from the horses(ass) mouth

You've been sober and on the right track personally for years. Why did you decide to write this book now?
In 1995, I didn't have anybody who trusted me. My doctor had given me six months to live. Eight months later, I was still drinking and my body was shutting down and I was in the fetal position after losing my family. So I went to AA and started to clean myself up, and I thought I had done a pretty good job. But there were things I really hadn't looked into. For instance, nobody in my family had ever talked about my mother's suicide. We had never discussed it as a family.

You have a stage show that goes along with the book. Are these two ways of telling this story cathartic for you?
No. Because I'm a recovering alcoholic, I kind of did my work on this already. Doing the stage performance is difficult because I'm very emotionally naked and exposed and vulnerable. To have people not only not hate me but be able to relate, it makes the truth of the story even more clear: stop hiding the things that you're afraid of. If you just deal with it and stop feeding it and giving it power, your weakest points will be your strengths.

I never watched Beck till recently. It was because of this forum too.

People were saying he was inciting violence and i figured i'd check it out. I watched a few of his shows, which made me laugh at times and go "OMFG" other times, and kinda enjoy it in a short burst.

I usually watch 4-6 min youtube clips of him people post and am entertained almost every time.

For entertainment news he is pretty good...i made a thread comparing him to John Stewart the other day (The thought popped in my head that he was FOX news' john stewart and some people flipped a lid at the comparo :lol:)

watch out Truthmatters, the boogie man might get you tonight.

Oh my little TV star looking dear, its your little faction that opperates on pure fear, remember all those pretty color coded "be scared now" charts your guys used to manipulate your vote?

Now theres a credible source. :cuckoo:

hey!
she posted a youtube for back up!
show a little respect for the grueling scholarship, please.
:rofl:

I posted an article of Glenn Beck himslef answering such questions.

Glenn Beck confirms what the Wiki article says you fools.

Hes also a convertted Morman

Last edited:

Forum List

Back