Don't you just love Cindy Sheehan?

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
Is it just me?
Or did anybody else notice it?

When Cindy Sheehan was protesting the war at Mr Bush's vacation home she got 24/7 news coverage. Now she's protesting the war at Mr Obama's vacation home and for the most part the media is ignoring it.

I guess she stopped being a useful idiot for the media.

Nah.

Q: What happens when CNN, MSNBC, Fox or any of the others mention Sheehan nowadays?

A: People change the channel.

Simple as that really. She's reached the media-whore saturation level about 2 years ago. She doesn't get ratings. And AAMOF, she actually drives people away at this point.

Nah.

Q: What happens when CNN, MSNBC, Fox or any of the others mention Sheehan nowadays?

Simple as that really. She's reached the media-whore saturation level about 2 years ago. She doesn't get ratings. And AAMOF, she actually drives people away at this point.

The media decided that.

She was a useful idiot when she was protesting the Bush administration, now that it's the Obama administration, they (the MSM) don't like it.

Nah.

The media decided that.

She was a useful idiot when she was protesting the Bush administration, now that it's the Obama administration, they (the MSM) don't like it.

See, I disagree. The media is nothing more than a reflection of what the public wants IMO. And the public doesn't want any more loony-bird Sheehan.

They want all new loony birds.

Nah.

The media decided that.

See, I disagree. The media is nothing more than a reflection of what the public wants IMO. And the public doesn't want any more loony-bird Sheehan.

It's not cool to protest the war anymore.
Oh wait, it was protesting Mr Bush, not the war, otherwise it would still be cool.

Is it just me?
Or did anybody else notice it?

When Cindy Sheehan was protesting the war at Mr Bush's vacation home she got 24/7 news coverage. Now she's protesting the war at Mr Obama's vacation home and for the most part the media is ignoring it.

I guess she stopped being a useful idiot for the media.

Aww. I thought this thread was about me... :(

My name isn't Sheehan, tho.

Oh, and she's old news.. Nobody gives a rip about her - she's had her 15 min of fame, so the medias paying no attention to her.

The media decided that.

Oh wait, it was protesting Mr Bush, not the war, otherwise it would still be cool.

I think yer forgetting that the war protests pretty much died out before Bush left office. Heck, they pretty much died out before the election even.

I think yer forgetting that the war protests pretty much died out before Bush left office. Heck, they pretty much died out before the election even.

Of course they did.
<cough cough> Sheep <cough cough>
When she was camped out at a certain ranch at Crawford TX, she was given all kinds of media coverage. Now she is camped out at Mr Obama's vacation home and the media has decided to ignore her.
It's still the same war.
It is a different president.
All of the sudden she isn't a useful idiot anymore. Just ask Charles Gibson from ABC http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/...t-53803917.html
Cindy Sheehan has been consistent in her protest of the war, the media has just proved itself to be biased in their treatment and coverage of the war and the president.
The media wasn't covering a war protest, they were covering a protest against a president when they gave her airtime. Now that the president has changed, the media is strangely silent about this exact same protest.

Of course they did.
<cough cough> Sheep <cough cough>
When she was camped out at a certain ranch at Crawford TX, she was given all kinds of media coverage. Now she is camped out at Mr Obama's vacation home and the media has decided to ignore her.
It's still the same war.
It is a different president.
All of the sudden she isn't a useful idiot anymore. Just ask Charles Gibson from ABC http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/...t-53803917.html
Cindy Sheehan has been consistent in her protest of the war, the media has just proved itself to be biased in their treatment and coverage of the war and the president.
The media wasn't covering a war protest, they were covering a protest against a president when they gave her airtime. Now that the president has changed, the media is strangely silent about this exact same protest.

I understand what you are saying. I just disagree. A lot more has changed in the equation than simply a change of presidents.

Either way, I'm about outta here for tonight, and likely the rest of the weekend. Have a good one everyone.

Nah.

The media decided that.

You keep telling yourself that. Fact is, they were starting to shun her after Hurricane Katrina. She was losing the spotlight while Hurricane Rita scraped up Texas... The "Liberal" Mainstream Media's no different than any other piece of entertainment. It's ratings-driven. And I'm not sure how your theory explains Fox's coverage of her.

Nah.

The media decided that.

You keep telling yourself that. Fact is, they were starting to shun her after Hurricane Katrina. She was losing the spotlight while Hurricane Rita scraped up Texas... The "Liberal" Mainstream Media's no different than any other piece of entertainment. It's ratings-driven. And I'm not sure how your theory explains Fox's coverage of her.

Yeah, that's right.

New Topics

Forum List

Back