Glenn Beck Admits Lying at Rally: 'I Thought It Would Be A Little Easier'

Yes truth does matter.

I just wish it mattered as much to the likes of Beck as it does to most people
Ah! Irony! I recognize that.

Yes, Glenn. Dumb lie. Nobody's picking up that address with their hands anymore. It's too delicate.

Now. That being said, watch the libs rev out of control over how significant that lie is.

so glenn beck proves once again he is simply a fraud looking for an easy buck....

him and palin do make a good pair,,,birds of a feather and all that
AAAAAnnnnndddd Case in point.

ZOMG! he said he HELD the address when hey only SAW the address! He's a filthy stinking evil rat bastard dirty rotten god loving money stealing nasty LIIIIIIIAAAAAAARRRRR!!!!! He's a LLLLIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAARRRRR!!! Damn him for all time!!!! Burn him at the stake for committing such an unforgivable act! KILL KILL KILL!!!

Come on now... let's get some perspective. It's not like Ed Schultz here talking about his ratings.

Last edited:
he probably didn't know how to phrase it on the spot, he could have said I saw the da da da...maybeh thought it might mean more if he went the way he did....smart? not really, a lie? uhmm, since he does a great deal of speaking off the cuff, its iffey. Trust but verify..if thats your bag.

On the cosmic scale of lying ...1 out of ten.

he could have said, uhm, a person got their health care benefits from an insurance co. denied, inferring they died from lack of care due to such.....make of that what you will.

All he did was omit the word Copy. He said this is the speech instead of this is a copy of the speech. Basically, and these liberals are flipping there lids about it.

While Democrats Lie through there teeth all the time. Hell Obama went on TV and told us things are going in the right direction again just today. As unemployment went up to 9.6% the Rate of GDP growth Went down again, and home sales are at a 27 Year low.

Now there is a lie you should get worked up about, and he keeps telling it, and will NOT ADMIT it is a FUCKING LIE! Nearly every economic indicator has trended down now for more than a couple months and still things are going in the right direction.

Hippocrates on an epic scale is what you all are.

actually I was pretty much agreeing wiht you, its nothing to get exercised about....considering the week to week nonsense we have been made to listen to from this admin.

so glenn beck proves once again he is simply a fraud looking for an easy buck....

ZOMG! he said he HELD the address when hey only SAW the address! He's a filthy stinking evil rat bastard dirty rotten god loving money stealing nasty LIIIIIIIAAAAAAARRRRR!!!!! He's a LLLLIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAARRRRR!!! Damn him for all time!!!! Burn him at the stake for committing such an unforgivable act! KILL KILL KILL!!!

Come on now... let's get some perspective. It's not like Ed Schultz here talking about his ratings.

I think the main point is that at a rally about "honor", and praising God, he told a lie.

Not only does lying fly in the face of honor, but it also violates one of God's commandments.

Rationalize and mitigate it all you want, it was still extremely retarded on his part.

In bones' defense she has criticized obama for lying too.

I just read Washington's first inaugural speech. I recommend you all do so.

What was Beck's point in bringing it up?

I just got done reading the Gettysburg Address.

If you sign up for a membership at the National Archives they give you a card that you use to check out historic documents and take them home for the weekend.

It was simply breath taking, holding Lincoln's precious words in my bare hands.

At least he's not claiming to have saved or created jobs.

700,000 jobs a month being lost under bush...

This thread is perfect. Righty's....hard righty's will still defend him or say its no big deal to lie at a restoring honor rally.

A few repbulicans in here will simply say, what a dumb thing for him to do. Those are the ones I respect.

Well gee, that sounds terrible. Maybe we should look at the math on that...

Bush was in office for 8 years. There are 12 months per year, so a total of 96 months.

96 months X 700,000 = 67,300,000 jobs lost, out of 300,000,000 people... oh but wait, we neeed to remove 1/4 of that population because they arent of working age yet, so that makes 225,000,000 people. 67,200,000 / 225,000,000 = .298%.

So 30% of the country lost their job because of Bush? Something seems wrong with your numbers, wouldnt you agree? :lol::lol::lol:

P.S. Why should anyone listen to a douche bag like you that uses a fucking Nazi avatar? We get it, you hate jews. Quit throwing your racist veiws in our faces.

Last edited:
I just read Washington's first inaugural speech. I recommend you all do so.

What was Beck's point in bringing it up?

I just got done reading the Gettysburg Address.

If you sign up for a membership at the National Archives they give you a card that you use to check out historic documents and take them home for the weekend.

It was simply breath taking, holding Lincoln's precious words in my bare hands.

OMFG Paulie you big fat crying liar.

We should lynch you for saying that you held them!!!!!!

:lol:

I think the main point is that at a rally about "honor", and praising God, he told a lie.

Not only does lying fly in the face of honor, but it also violates one of God's commandments.

Rationalize and mitigate it all you want, it was still extremely retarded on his part.
Just as a reminder for those who may not remember.

Just because someone's a Christian does not make them perfect, only forgiven.

I agree, it was stupid for him to do such a small lie, particularly in context of the whole rally. That being said, is it also not the exemplification of honor to come forward and publicly admit such a small sin?

Not making apologies for him cause I'm a bit ticked at him for doing such a thing. I am saying keep this in context. This is no worse than a hollywood script allowing for unproven small talk between historical characters in a scene that adds to the flavor, and is plausible to occured, but when the real incident is recalled by witnesses, no words were exchanged. It does not change the plot, or even the event portrayed.

To say that he 'held in his hands', versus saying 'saw with his own eyes' when discussing the address does nothing to change the fact that he witnessed it and looked at those words. on the original document. Stupid to say he held it versus saw it. But he did it and it cheapened his message by an equal weight by him to admit to such a stupid act.

If you think that weight is significant, then you probably believe his message was insignificant too. In the greater scheme of things, this was nothing but a blip on the radar, worthy of a "you dummy!"

>>>EDIT<<<

After reading some posts farther back, since I didn't witness this incident personally, I see that he DID hold a COPY. This makes all the handwringing and condemnation even more stupid. I was under the impression he personally saw the address at the archives and claimed that.

Last edited:
Glen beck is a douche but at least he is trying to educate people on the founding of this country

olbermann's whole show consists of ripping rightwingers. Lame.

Fox News is the only content for like 10 liberal shows. All they do is mock fox. That's their show. Mega stupid tv.

Why is Glen beck a big issue when his lies means nothing to the average American? Why is Obama's lies not a big issue when his lies means a lot to the average American?
I just don't understand.

Glenn Beck Admits Lying: 'I Thought It Would Be A Little Easier' (VIDEO)

Video in Link.

After being called on a white lie he told during his Restoring Honor rally, Glenn Beck admitted Thursday that he stretched the truth because he "thought it would be a little easier."

Beck had claimed that he held George Washington's handwritten first Inaugural Address in his hands at the National Archives, but a spokeswoman at the institution said he did no such thing. Keith Olbermann, Ed Schultz and others called him out for the fabrication.

Thursday on his radio show, Beck copped to the lie.

"I thought it would be a little easier in the speech," Beck said, than to go into the following elaborate explanation (via Mediaite):

Ha! it was really all about dissing Berger and through him the Clintons, and through them the Democrats and Obama.

this is how the right wing works.

Forum List

Back