Trump: "I Thought It Would Be Easier"

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Trump Says He Thought Being President Would Be Easier Than His Old Life

“I loved my previous life. I had so many things going.”

He misses driving, feels as if he is in a cocoon, and is surprised how hard his new job is.

President Donald Trump on Thursday reflected on his first 100 days in office with a wistful look at his life before the White House.

“I loved my previous life. I had so many things going,” Trump told Reuters in an interview. “This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier.”

More: Trump Says He Thought Being President Would Be Easier Than His Old Life

Trump has obviously been elected to his level of incompetency. Hence, the Peter Principle.

Last edited:
Trump is in waaaay over his head. He is an incompetent fool. He can't negotiate for shit. BTW, he didn't write The Art of the Deal as he has claimed.

The Peter principle is a concept in management theory formulated by Laurence J. Peter and published in 1969. It states that the selection of a candidate for a position is based on the candidate's performance in their current role, rather than on abilities relevant to the intended role. Thus, employees only stop being promoted once they can no longer perform effectively, and "managers rise to the level of their incompetence".

Peter principle - Wikipedia

He misses driving, feels as if he is in a cocoon, and is surprised how hard his new job is.

President Donald Trump on Thursday reflected on his first 100 days in office with a wistful look at his life before the White House.

“I loved my previous life. I had so many things going,” Trump told Reuters in an interview. “This is more work than in my previous life. I thought it would be easier.”

Trump has obviously been elected to a level of incompetency. Hence, the Peter Principle.
If only he would step down. The guy is out of his league and totally incapable. It's like if Joe the Plumber suddenly became President. The best thing he could do for this country, if he really does care for it, is walk away.

I repeat from the OP:

So, Trump thought bullying people in his private businesses would also work in government and foreign affairs.

Trump has obviously been elected to a level of incompetency. Hence, the Peter Principle.
If only he would step down. The guy is out of his league and totally incapable. It's like if Joe the Plumber suddenly became President. The best thing he could do for this country, if he really does care for it, is walk away.
Trumps Rocky

Another thread from the Democrats whining about how butt-hurt they are because they lost the election.

Trumps Rocky

Trump's more like Johnny Manziel

Donald Trump’s Art Of The Retreat

The master negotiator hasn’t had much success, you know, negotiating.

WASHINGTON ― Just three months into his presidency, Donald Trump’s bestselling The Art of the Deal might be due for a sequel: The Humility of the Failed Bluff.

The boastful businessman who claimed that his negotiating skills were unsurpassed appears to have met his match a number of times already.

More: Donald Trump's Art Of The Retreat

Trump is all talk. Sadly, about 1/3 of America believes his bullshit.

And what were the positive things he said?

I doubt this article in totality. However it is quite likely that Trump did not expect the level of hostility directed against him, especially since democrats were so concerned about the necessity of accepting election results.

Trump is the end. The results of all elections from now on will be rejected. What the hate Trumpers can't accept is that Trump has lived up to the expectations of those who support him. He hasn't been blamed for any failures. The democrats have been blamed instead.

Democrats have never been able to cure the reasons for their failure. They have doubled down on all their hatreds of Americans who disagree with them. This means an easy Trump sail to victory in 2020.

What will democrats do then? Their insanity now comes from the certainty that hillary would win. What will they do when the certainty that Trump will lose is just as wrong?

Trump is like I said Rocky 2

I heard you the first time. He's more like Duane Bobick.

No Tramp is more like the Bayone Bleeder, Chuck Wepner, who after scoring a ninth round knockdown, which Ali claimed had occurred because Wepner was stepping on his foot, went to his corner and said to his manager, "Al, start the car. We're going to the bank. We are millionaires." To which Wepner's manager replied, "You better turn around. He's getting up and he looks pissed off."

In the remaining rounds, Ali decisively outboxed Wepner and opened up cuts above both Wepner's eyes and broke his nose. Wepner was far behind on the scorecards when Ali knocked him down with 19 seconds left in the 15th round. The referee counted to seven before calling a technical knockout.

Trump has obviously been elected to his level of incompetency. Hence, the Peter Principle.

There is one person surprised by the complexities of being president.

Donald Drumpf.

There is one person surprised by the complexities of being president.

Donald Drumpf.

Funny and agree! I remember what he said about healthcare: "Who knew healthcare was so complicated?"

Trump is like I said Rocky 2

I heard you the first time. He's more like Duane Bobick.

No Tramp is more like the Bayone Bleeder, Chuck Wepner, who after scoring a ninth round knockdown, which Ali claimed had occurred because Wepner was stepping on his foot, went to his corner and said to his manager, "Al, start the car. We're going to the bank. We are millionaires." To which Wepner's manager replied, "You better turn around. He's getting up and he looks pissed off."

In the remaining rounds, Ali decisively outboxed Wepner and opened up cuts above both Wepner's eyes and broke his nose. Wepner was far behind on the scorecards when Ali knocked him down with 19 seconds left in the 15th round. The referee counted to seven before calling a technical knockout.

Good analogy. However, at least Wepner made it to the 15th round. Duane Bobick didn't survive the 1st round.

HUFFPO? Do you suppose they took his comments out of context? Do you suppose they deliberately tried to make it look like he was whining?

You're a douche bag, as always.

Forum List

Back