Glenn Beck Admits Lying at Rally: 'I Thought It Would Be A Little Easier'

Tom Clancy

Clancy for Ron Paul
May 23, 2009
North Carolina.
Glenn Beck Admits Lying: 'I Thought It Would Be A Little Easier' (VIDEO)

Video in Link.

After being called on a white lie he told during his Restoring Honor rally, Glenn Beck admitted Thursday that he stretched the truth because he "thought it would be a little easier."

Beck had claimed that he held George Washington's handwritten first Inaugural Address in his hands at the National Archives, but a spokeswoman at the institution said he did no such thing. Keith Olbermann, Ed Schultz and others called him out for the fabrication.

Thursday on his radio show, Beck copped to the lie.

"I thought it would be a little easier in the speech," Beck said, than to go into the following elaborate explanation (via Mediaite):

Shame on him for lying. I'ts always easier to tell the truth Glenboy.

All he had to say was I laid my eyes on the original.

it isnt his first lie or his last one

Yes truth does matter.

I just wish it mattered as much to the likes of Beck as it does to most people

Gosh, this is HUGE!

Good grief. I have to say when stuff like this comes to light...if this is the worst that can be dug up, after all the work the left does to smear anyone who publicly upholds the right, I feel pretty good about things.

glenn beck really is an idiot..doesnt he realize that papers that old are very easily damaged and not handle and normally keep in climate controlled..moisture controlled chambers...

Gosh, this is HUGE!

Good grief. I have to say when stuff like this comes to light...if this is the worst that can be dug up, after all the work the left does to smear anyone who publicly upholds the right, I feel pretty good about things.

ignorance is truly bliss eh?

He could have said that he used the original document to wipe up his cum.

So, in reality, what he said was a lie, but it wasn't the worst thing in the world he could have said.

Gosh, this is HUGE!

He did this at a 'restoring honor' rally. The whole gist of this rally was for people to get back to the basic . . . you know, morals, ethics, honesty, character, etc. If he wants people to listen to his message he should practice what he preaches. "I thought it would be a little easier in the speech". Please. TM is right :eek:, all he had to do was say he viewed the speech.

In the grand scheme of things I'm not sure it would possible to care less about something like this.

He could have said that he used the original document to wipe up his cum.

So, in reality, what he said was a lie, but it wasn't the worst thing in the world he could have said.

That about sums it up.

Personally, while I don't approve of anyone lying... I understand how it happens. My understanding is that he speaks 'off the cuff' - ie with notes of key points - but without a speech memorized word for word. Now, as I have said before, anyone who spends as much time as he does talking, on radio, tv and in public, he is going to, occasionally, say something the wrong way. Does that make him guilty of the kinds of things he's been accused of? Truthfully, so far, I have to say, No.

People accuse him of 'hate' speech.... well, I've heard him make comments that while I don't agree with, I can understand what he MEANT. I just haven't seen the continual stream of 'hate' that I expected to see from what people have said about him. As I have pointed out, on this board, the only person I have ever seen actually say they 'hate' a group of people is truthmatters. What a joke. The ever tolerance, free speech lovin' leftie. :lol::lol:

As I said before, I often say I'm from Philadelphia. Am I lying because I live about 5 miles southwest of the city?

The answer is no.

Could Gleen possibly have worded it better? Yeah I'm sure. But these petty attempts to make him an offender for a word and think that somehow invalidates what he was saying is ridiculous.

Stop ignoring the message.

As I said before, I often say I'm from Philadelphia. Am I lying because I live about 5 miles southwest of the city?

The answer is no.

Could Gleen possibly have worded it better? Yeah I'm sure. But these petty attempts to make him an offender for a word and think that somehow invalidates what he was saying is ridiculous.

Stop ignoring the message.

Agree completely about him wording it better. It was dumb that he said he held it when he knew he didn't. Does this destroy what he's trying to do? No, but it gives critics just one more thing to hammer on him.

A lot of people wonder what Beck's rally message was. This:

GLENN: All right. So this guy, Lexington Green, I'm assuming that's not his real name, writes in Chicagoboyz.net: I think I see what Glenn Beck is doing.

I think this is the only guy that really gets it. The Glenn Beck rally is confusing people. Why? He is aiming far beyond what most people consider to be the goalposts. Using Boyd's continuum for war, which, you are all for that one, right, Pat?

PAT: Sure. Boyd's continuum? How many times have we talked about Boyd's continuum?

GLENN: Okay. Well, let's make it once. Material, intellectual, and moral. He is using for political change elections, institutions and culture. Beck sees correctly that the conservative movement has only had limited success because it's good at Level 1, the elections, for a while. Weak at Level 2, institutions. And barely touched Level 3, culture. Talk radio and the tea party are Level 3 phenomena, popular outbreaks which are blowing back into politics. Someone who asks what the rally has to do with the 2010 election is missing the point. Beck is building solidarity and cultural confidence listen to this. This is it.

PAT: A smart guy.

GLENN: Beck is building solidarity and cultural confidence in America, its Constitution, its military heritage, its freedom. This is a vision that is despised by people who have long held the commanding heights of the culture, but it is obviously alive and kicking. Beck is creating positive themes of unity and patriotism and freedom and independence, which are above mere political or policy choices but not irrelevant to them. Political and policy choices rest on a foundation of philosophy, culture, self image, ideals, and religion. Change the foundation and the rest will flow from that. Defeat the enemy on that plain and any mere tactical defeat will always be reversible. Beck is unabashed that God can be evoked in public places by citizens who vote and assemble and speak freely to freely exercise their religion. They are supposed to be too brow beaten to do this, gathering hundreds of thousands of them to peacefully assemble shows they are not. But showing that to the people who believe God and practice their religion are fellow citizens who share political and economic values with majorities of Americans is a crucial step. The idea that these people are an American Taliban is laughable, but showing that fact to the world and potential political allies who are not religious is critical. Beck is attacking the enemy at the foundations of their power. Their claim to race as a permanent trump card, their claim to the Civil Rights Movement as a permanent model to constantly be transforming a perpetually unjust society. He is nuking out the foundations of the opposition's moral preeminence, the very thing I proposed in this post. Ronald Reagan said we would not defeat communism; we would transcend it. Beck is aiming to have America do the same thing to its decaying class of overlords: Transcend them. Beck is prepping the battlefield for a generation long battle. He is that very American thing: A practical visionary. See? Simple: Restore pride and confidence to your own side and win the long game. As Ronald Reagan also said, there are simple solutions, just no easy solutions. God bless America.

Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - Glenn Beck: This guy gets it

Good thing he didn't say he was sorry. It would only be another lie.

Forum List

Back