Getting Omicron

• Viruses that cause pandemics often mutate to become less life threatening.
  • The 1918 flu pandemic lasted about 18 months and ended after either people had been exposed to the virus or it became less life threatening.
  • With new variants come new questions about where the pandemic is headed, and whether we will need annual boosters or modified vaccines.
Historically, most pandemics last between 2 and a half to 3 and a half years.

Over time, pandemic viruses typically mutate and evolve into an endemic disease that circulates at lower, more manageable levels.

This was the case with the influenza strain behind the 1918 flu pandemic and some virologists hope this may be happening with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.

Early reports suggest that the Omicron variant may cause milder infections, potentially due to its unique collection of mutations along with the buildup of immunity across the globe.

Still, it’s too early to know for certain how the COVID-19 pandemic will play out.

She is a Physical Therapist (basically medical school without an internship these days) and scolded us into the Merderna shots and Booster.
Her mother in law was a chemist for Ely Lilly for 30+ years and also said the shot was harmless for anyone who didn’t have a pre-existing condition.
Well there you go, two medically educated family members telling you their recommendations and you are supporting the opposite of what they say why?? Because of shit you hear from the media?!

Well there you go, two medically educated family members telling you their recommendations and you are supporting the opposite of what they say why?? Because of shit you hear from the media?!
Where am I supporting the opposite?

That is not an answer to my question, EvMetro: that's continuing your assertions. My question is, WHATEVER Omicron proves to be, what function does it serve for you, today, before anyone knows or can know, to assert repeatedly that it's "just a cold," not of importance, not really an illness? What is the desired function of your assertions?
Freedom

That is not an answer to my question, EvMetro: that's continuing your assertions. My question is, WHATEVER Omicron proves to be, what function does it serve for you, today, before anyone knows or can know, to assert repeatedly that it's "just a cold," not of importance, not really an illness? What is the desired function of your assertions?
Omi-con is innocent until proven guilty. If you think it is dangerous, then substantiate your position. Don't go after my freedom until you can prove that it is necessary.

Omi-con is innocent until proven guilty. If you think it is dangerous, then substantiate your position. Don't go after my freedom until you can prove that it is necessary.
Okay, I can understand that position. You don't know AND they don't know, but you are worried they will use their not-knowing as an excuse to lockdown, mask-mandate, close schools, all the other awful things they've been doing to no purpose. Not a bad point.

Doesn't matter.........You will get Omicron whether you like it or not eventually. It is not a question of IF............BUT WHEN.

Unless you live in a bubble.

Doesn't matter.........You will get Omicron whether you like it or not eventually. It is not a question of IF............BUT WHEN.

Unless you live in a bubble.
Fortunately though, there doesn't seem to be any reason to be concerned about omi-con. Nobody has indicated any reasons for concern above and beyond an average cold. All we are seeing in people like Slade3200 and dblack is fear, the results of the msm fear mongering. Nothing legitimate.

Where am I supporting the opposite?
If you’re not then I will apologize for the comment. I feel like I’m making the point that your daughter has made and you pushing back against me. So I’ll just ask straight up, do you support the vaccine and it’s effectiveness as your daughter recommends or not?

Fortunately though, there doesn't seem to be any reason to be concerned about omi-con. Nobody has indicated any reasons for concern above and beyond an average cold. All we are seeing in people like Slade3200 and dblack is fear, the results of the msm fear mongering. Nothing legitimate.
All you’re seeing from me is the question of whether you have spoken to a doctor about the medical risks or if you’re just parroting media hyperbole. You’ve taken the latter route. Why… beats me.

You don't think widespread infection of an unknown disease warrants fear? Gee.... you're so brave.

All you’re seeing from me is the question of whether you have spoken to a doctor about the medical risks or if you’re just parroting media hyperbole. You’ve taken the latter route. Why… beats me.
Do you consult a doctor when you get a paper cut? A common cold? A bruise? Broken nail? Omi-con? Hangover? I don't really think you need this strawman. Are you afraid of omi-con?

Do you consult a doctor when you get a paper cut? A common cold? A bruise? Broken nail? Omi-con? Hangover? I don't really think you need this strawman. Are you afraid of omi-con?
None of those examples except for the topic at hand is the cause of a worldwide pandemic so instead of downplaying with false idiotic comparisons why don’t you just admit that you are basing you garbage opinions on news media and not real doctors that you know and trust

If you’re not then I will apologize for the comment. I feel like I’m making the point that your daughter has made and you pushing back against me. So I’ll just ask straight up, do you support the vaccine and it’s effectiveness as your daughter recommends or not?
I support anyone whose health is not compromised getting the vaccine.
I also support anyone who does not get the vaccine wearing a mask and maintaining their distance.
Along with the above, I am led to correlate density with the propensity to get COVID of any variety; I know many people who have vaxxed and were fine until they got together in large crowds for parties or weddings, neither of which my wife and I will attend until our society is done with COVID

You don't think widespread infection of an unknown disease warrants fear? Gee.... you're so brave.
Are you afraid of omi-con? It's been a month now, and nobody has died from it, and nobody has given a legitimate reason to fear it. Do you know of any legitimate reason above and beyond having an average cold to fear omi-con?

None of those examples except for the topic at hand is the cause of a worldwide pandemic so instead of downplaying with false idiotic comparisons why don’t you just admit that you are basing you garbage opinions on news media and not real doctors that you know and trust
Do you think omi-con is a world wide pandemic?

Are you afraid of omi-con? It's been a month now, and nobody has died from it, and nobody has given a legitimate reason to fear it. Do you know of any legitimate reason above and beyond having an average cold to fear omi-con?
Nobody should sniffle during sex...

Forum List

Back