Getting Omicron

Did you know that more people died in the Colorado truck wreck that has been in the news than have died of omi-con? Beer trucks are FAR more dangerous than omi-con.
Cool. I didn't know it was a beer truck. For the next 100 years or so, we are all vaccinated, as he is locked away.

Cool. I didn't know it was a beer truck. For the next 100 years or so, we are all vaccinated, as he is locked away.
Do you think being vaccinated would protect against the vaccine-escaping omicron variant that recognizes the vaccine? You know, the variant that so many vaccinated people have been getting, right?

The whole problem is, it is still a Covid19 variant. From the beginning we have seen people like myself that had it like a bad flue or some even a mild flue, yet other (even young, seemingly healthy, like my 31 year old next door neighbor) go very critical very fast and there doesn't seem to be much predicting how an individual will react to it. Easy to say "pre-existing conditions", but half the people even on this board under 45 haven't seen a doctor in more than a year and half the people out there in the public don't think or know they have a pre-existing condition.
This Omicron is supposed to be less severe on average, but how would you like to find out you were one of the susceptible ones, when you thought you were one of the people that could beat it hand down, but you found out too late?
Agreed. It'll probably be fine, but why not wait for the data? The government is going to saturate the Internet and airwaves with "not a problem, not a problem!" stories about Omicron to calm public panic now, but they have NO AMERICAN DATA.

Running around saying "it's just a cold!" when we don't have any idea WHAT it is makes no sense. And remember Delta is still infecting a lot of people, and that is certainly a bad version. People are underestimating this pandemic for political reasons, and I personally have found that doesn't make sense. Wait for the data.

We are still -- barely -- free enough that we'll get some data, separate from the propaganda.

Agreed. It'll probably be fine, but why not wait for the data? The government is going to saturate the Internet and airwaves with "not a problem, not a problem!" stories about Omicron to calm public panic now, but they have NO AMERICAN DATA.

Running around saying "it's just a cold!" when we don't have any idea WHAT it is makes no sense. And remember Delta is still infecting a lot of people, and that is certainly a bad version. People are underestimating this pandemic for political reasons, and I personally have found that doesn't make sense. Wait for the data.

We are still -- barely -- free enough that we'll get some data, separate from the propaganda.
The media is still trying to spread panic theater, but it is dying out as people begin to see that WAY more people are dying from hang gliding deaths than omic-con.

Are there any reasons why you would be concerned about getting Omicron, above and beyond the typical symptoms that go with a typical cold?
I'll play ---- there is still a lot of Delta out there, and a lot of influenza, and I am worried about getting two at once: this could be possible, but who knows? I have something bad already, prob. Delta, and I don't want this Omicron on top of it.

So far no one had died from omicron. A few people have died that tested positive for omicron. Yet, omicron strikes terror in the hearts of politicians, Branch Covidians and apostles of Saint Fauci of Mengele. Why? Because once you are infected with omicron you are immune to every varient of covid. Their power is gone.
Where did you hear or read that part about "immune to every variant"? None of the other variants proved that to be the case, only lessening the severity if re-infected.

Where did you hear or read that part about "immune to every variant"? None of the other variants proved that to be the case, only lessening the severity if re-infected.
Lol, Circe is afraid of getting all the variants at once, plus the flu at the same time...

Lol, Circe is afraid of getting all the variants at once, plus the flu at the same time...
What is the function of what you are doing? You are minimizing Omicron: why? It's a faith statement, belief with no proof of any kind, yet ---- what is the function? What would you gain if you persuade us all to believe that Omicron is only and ever a light cold?

Hey, I got the Quadravent shot for that too, high dose, of course.:auiqs.jpg:

The original post asked you this:

"Are there any reasons why you would be concerned about getting Omicron, above and beyond the typical symptoms that go with a typical cold?"

You answered fear, which is reasonable enough, but does NOT address what you fear might happen above and beyond typical cold symptoms. I then asked you what you feared might happen to you or your loved ones, above and beyond typical cold symptoms, if you and your loved ones got it, and this is where you ducked out. You must have figured out that omi-con is just a regular cold.
Yup, I wrote my response to Mikes post, not to your OP. I answered your OP after you jumped into my question to Mike and you asked about it.

If you're asking do I believe the Branch Covidian Doomsayers, I can read for myself.

Watch for Symptoms

People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. Anyone can have mild to severe symptoms. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:

• Fever or chills
  • Cough
  • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
  • Fatigue
  • Muscle or body aches
  • Headache
  • New loss of taste or smell
  • Sore throat
  • Congestion or runny nose
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Diarrhea
It's the common cold.
No, I'm asking very simply if you have spoken directly to a medical expert that is familiar with your health conditions about how to react to Covid and vaccinations... The answer seems that it is obviously NO

You mean like the same kind of experts who said tobacco was healthy and asbestos wasn't a problem?
No, I mean the experts who you see and trust to help with your personal medical health. Have you spoken to any of your trusted doctors?

Thats wonderful. What kind of a doctor is your daughter? What does she recommend as far as vaccinations?
She is a Physical Therapist (basically medical school without an internship these days) and scolded us into the Merderna shots and Booster.
Her mother in law was a chemist for Ely Lilly for 30+ years and also said the shot was harmless for anyone who didn’t have a pre-existing condition.

Forum List

Back