Getting Omicron

Second that.
The whole problem is, it is still a Covid19 variant. From the beginning we have seen people like myself that had it like a bad flue or some even a mild flue, yet other (even young, seemingly healthy, like my 31 year old next door neighbor) go very critical very fast and there doesn't seem to be much predicting how an individual will react to it. Easy to say "pre-existing conditions", but half the people even on this board under 45 haven't seen a doctor in more than a year and half the people out there in the public don't think or know they have a pre-existing condition.
This Omicron is supposed to be less severe on average, but how would you like to find out you were one of the susceptible ones, when you thought you were one of the people that could beat it hand down, but you found out too late?

Are there any reasons why you would be concerned about getting Omicron, above and beyond the typical symptoms that go with a typical cold?
It'll sneak up on you.

I know in some of the right-wing press. . . they tell you it is nothing worse than the cold or flu.

But, IMO? If you are older, you might have some breathing troubles early on. It is. . . probably milder going than Delta, and will subside much quicker. After that, it is more like a flu, IMO, than a cold.

But, like folks have been saying, it varied for everyone. If you caught the first wave and Delta, it will, be a breeze. If you didn't? I have no idea how you would cope, or how you will react.

Be careful, don't take it lightly, and take aspirin, Vitimin D, C, probiotics, and a good diet. If you have elderberry take that too.

If you have comorbidities, maybe think about getting that new jab that is available. That one is the one that is based on more traditional tech. I'm thinking I might get it when more data comes in on it.

I sure as hell don't want the jab of these others. . . yikes, too many deaths and adverse reactions on those.

Novavax Covid Vaccine Provides Antibody Response Against Omicron, Data Suggests​

Are there any reasons why you would be concerned about getting Omicron, above and beyond the typical symptoms that go with a typical cold?
The risk for any given individual doesn't seem much worse than seasonal flus. But we have a degree of herd immunity to those and they don't spread nearly as quickly. The risk is a third of the population coming down with the flu at the same time. That would be a shitshow, and many people would die.

Those being hospitalized, which means these people are much sicker than they would be, with the common cold ...you would think...are unvaccinated and even perhaps those not boosted after 6 months, are also being hospitalized....

I do not think many are dying, but some are...

The issue is not this version or variant....the vaccines seem to be effective, for those up to date, preventing se ere illness and death...

But it is the next variant, that will be created from the quickness and vastness of its spread, that could be more harmful down the road... that the vaccines may not be effective against, as it is now....there are so many unknowns, and so many unknown, unknowns with this virus... it's kicked our butts with surprises!!!

That being said, viruses tend to weaken themselves as far as deaths are concerned... mainly because viruses need a host to live, killing us off, eventually kills them off... is My layman's understanding....

It appears that covid is following that track of becoming more infectious...it spreads the virus faster...to more people in a shorter time period but is becoming less deadly...God willing....that's what happens.

I looked at the symptoms on the CDC website a couple of days ago.

It's the common cold...which is caused by a coronavirus.

Leftists are losing their shit over nothing. Morons.
5zguv8.jpg

If you have been vaccinated, probably not.
I hear this response from everyone who has been vaccinated and I'd like to believe it but I've never had anyone explain WHY they believe this. I'm willing to listen.

My perspective is that we know roughly1 in100 people who contract this disease will die from it. We know that somewhere around 5-10% who contract it will become ill enough to need hospitalization. So... I read that as saying that at worst, 1 in 10 people will become seriously ill, or have a severe rather than "mild" course of this disease.

Where is the data that proves that those who've had the vaccines cannot be part of the naturally-occurring "mild cases" we already know to exist? Do you understand why I'm unconvinced?

Those being hospitalized, which means these people are much sicker than they would be, with the common cold ...you would think...are unvaccinated and even perhaps those not boosted after 6 months, are also being hospitalized....

I do not think many are dying, but some are...

The issue is not this version or variant....the vaccines seem to be effective, for those up to date, preventing se ere illness and death...

But it is the next variant, that will be created from the quickness and vastness of its spread, that could be more harmful down the road... that the vaccines may not be effective against, as it is now....there are so many unknowns, and so many unknown, unknowns with this virus... it's kicked our butts with surprises!!!

That being said, viruses tend to weaken themselves as far as deaths are concerned... mainly because viruses need a host to live, killing us off, eventually kills them off... is My layman's understanding....

It appears that covid is following that track of becoming more infectious...it spreads the virus faster...to more people in a shorter time period but is becoming less deadly...God willing....that's what happens.
Mostly agree, however early reports suggest that MOST PEOPLE INFECTED WITH OMICRON were vaccinated. This was reported by the CDC and re-reported by many Sources. As predicted by many immunologists, there are two reasons: 1) the vaccination has close to zero protection against the omicron variant because the spike protein on omicron has mutated and does not match the original spike protein the vaccinations were designed for. 2) the vaccination causes a LOWERING of the body's natural immune system (Called VAIDS by some now).

The mainstream news media continues to report misleading and often inaccurate information.

Also keep in mind there are still alpha-beta and delta variants out there. I'm guessing it will be another few months before they are below a significant number.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back