Get Ready for Huge Obamacare Premium Hikes in 2017

The largest health care system has been a minor player, not getting the profits it thinks it should get.

Other companies will pick up the slack.

Now if it turns out the insured pool is not large enough, then either a single payer medicare-type program will replace it, or perhaps a two-tier system like Australia.

Even you know that as Conservatives and every single Republican opposed Obamacare, plus Lame Duck President Obama had to use bribery, payoffs, and most likely blackmail was needed to get it through Congress. That plus rules changes in order to shove this failed system up the...throats of American voters.

Can only assume you are addressing Fakey...she's on ignore.

The GOP didn't help things out when it had a chance.

We got Obamacare because GWB screwed up....not in passing legislation...but in leading the discussion.

He just stuck his head up his ass and started a couple of miserable wars.

Conservatives thought Bush was a moron.

Thank you for sharing. I see you too have chugged down the Progressive Kool Aid.

Obviously, you recognize the huge failure of Obamacare and...nearly EIGHT YEARS LATER you are blaming President Bush.

As you know too, there was overwhelming support for the invasion of Iraq by Congress and the UN.

"The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow."
- President Clinton in 1998

[…], when I say to Saddam Hussein, "You cannot defy the will of the world", and when I say to him, "You have used weapons of mass destruction before; we are determined to deny you the capacity to use them again.”
- President Clinton , Jan. 27, 1998 – State of the Union

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."
- President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998 .

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."
- President Bill Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998.

“Earlier today, I ordered America’s armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraqis nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.”

“Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle East and around the world.”

“Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons.”

- President Bill Clinton, Dec. 16, 1998

"We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."
- Madeline Albright, Feb 1, 1998 Clinton Secretary of State

"Saddam's goal ... is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while retaining and enhancing Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs. We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed."
- Madeline Albright, 1998 Clinton Secretary of State

Let's be clear....

I blame Obama, Pelosi, and Reid for a great many things including allowing our debt to continue to rise.

But the fact remains that Bush, along with a GOP house and senate, threw away a huge opportunity to build upon the gains of the Clinton administration and Gingrich lead coalition of republicans.

History bears that out.

Obama is not a liberal...he's far left and a moron IME.

As you know, it was the administration of President Clinton who turned over a recession to President Bush along with a flawed policy which established a wall of silence between the 17 or so intelligence agencies. That policy prohibited them from connecting the dots and learning more about the attack on 9/11/2001.

The largest health care system has been a minor player, not getting the profits it thinks it should get.

Now if it turns out the insured pool is not large enough, then either a single payer medicare-type program will replace it, or perhaps a two-tier system like Australia.

Even you know that as Conservatives and every single Republican opposed Obamacare, plus Lame Duck President Obama had to use bribery, payoffs, and most likely blackmail was needed to get it through Congress. That plus rules changes in order to shove this failed system up the...throats of American voters.

We got Obamacare because GWB screwed up....not in passing legislation...but in leading the discussion.

Thank you for sharing. I see you too have chugged down the Progressive Kool Aid.

Obviously, you recognize the huge failure of Obamacare and...nearly EIGHT YEARS LATER you are blaming President Bush.

As you know too, there was overwhelming support for the invasion of Iraq by Congress and the UN.

"The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction, ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be emboldened tomorrow."

[…], when I say to Saddam Hussein, "You cannot defy the will of the world", and when I say to him, "You have used weapons of mass destruction before; we are determined to deny you the capacity to use them again.”

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them. That is our bottom line."

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's weapons of mass destruction program."

“Earlier today, I ordered America’s armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraqis nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.”

“Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle East and around the world.”

“Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons.”

"We must stop Saddam from ever again jeopardizing the stability and security of his neighbors with weapons of mass destruction."

"Saddam's goal ... is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while retaining and enhancing Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs. We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed."

Let's be clear....

I blame Obama, Pelosi, and Reid for a great many things including allowing our debt to continue to rise.

But the fact remains that Bush, along with a GOP house and senate, threw away a huge opportunity to build upon the gains of the Clinton administration and Gingrich lead coalition of republicans.

History bears that out.

As you know, it was the administration of President Clinton who turned over a recession to President Bush along with a flawed policy which established a wall of silence between the 17 or so intelligence agencies. That policy prohibited them from connecting the dots and learning more about the attack on 9/11/2001.

That counters nothing.

Bush and the GOP threw away a prime opportunity to really change things for the better.

Markle's sparkkle continues forever to dim as his silly revisionism continues not just to misinform others but also to amuse those who are truly educated. I am glad to see Sun Devil finally agreeing with my points. The GOP had from 1994 to 2006 with the collusion of sympathetic presidents to reform health care for America and instead just toss it back in the toilet.

Let's be clear....

History bears that out.

Again, so what ?

I noticed that JakeStarkey posted something.

Not gonna read it because I don't have ten minutes to waste laughing uncontrollably at his stupidity.

You need to answer the questions about how this was supposed to work.

Obama lied his ass off and we have a disaster on our hands. Single Payer will never ever happen in this country (as a country....a state....maybe).

Going back would be great. At least we'd have inexpensive health insurance that even the left wants.

How does this happen.

Let's be clear....

History bears that out.

Again, so what ?

I noticed that JakeStarkey posted something.

Not gonna read it because I don't have ten minutes to waste laughing uncontrollably at his stupidity.

You need to answer the questions about how this was supposed to work.

Obama lied his ass off and we have a disaster on our hands. Single Payer will never ever happen in this country (as a country....a state....maybe).

Going back would be great. At least we'd have inexpensive health insurance that even the left wants.

How does this happen.
Sun Devil reads all of my stuff, but because I hurt his pride so badly he pretends he does not.

No devil nuts we are not going back.

You poor little losers: whinging and whining.

Guys, our GOP is going to lose big because you freeks [freaks] on the far right refuse to change with America.

You must be thrilled with Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama. America was the greatest country the world has ever seen so he offered...HOPE AND CHANGE. Few realized what he was saying. In President Obama's opinion, and obviously yours, America needed to be taken down a peg or two so he launched policies to do just that, damage America.

Now President Obama will go to Hiroshima and apologize to Japan for America having used the atomic bomb to mercifully, and drastically shorten WW-II in the Pacific.

Our country is the greatest country ever seen, yes, right now.

Only you on the far right, keys, are unhappy because you lost your power.

tough.

Guys, our GOP is going to lose big because you freeks [freaks] on the far right refuse to change with America.

You must be thrilled with Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama. America was the greatest country the world has ever seen so he offered...HOPE AND CHANGE. Few realized what he was saying. In President Obama's opinion, and obviously yours, America needed to be taken down a peg or two so he launched policies to do just that, damage America.

Now President Obama will go to Hiroshima and apologize to Japan for America having used the atomic bomb to mercifully, and drastically shorten WW-II in the Pacific.

It is really annoying that when I quote you, I have to see Fakey's drivel.

But, I'll just point out that this thread is about someone (not of the GOP) stating that rates are gonna go up drastically.

The rest really does not matter.

It is really annoying that when I quote you, I have to see Fakey's drivel.

But, I'll just point out that this thread is about someone (not of the GOP) stating that rates are gonna go up drastically.

The rest really does not matter.
Sun Drivel continues to whine and stumble. The OP has not been justified by the evidence is the point here.

Obamacare is going to cost. They may find a way to make it work down the road but we will all be dead and gone by then most likely some of us will die early because of Obamacare. I'm just glad I have my health care plan from the Marine corps. But even with that I've always had a healthcare plan with my business as well. I've paid thousands of dollars that I didn't always have to cover my family my employee's and myself. Too bad all of us can't or won't come up with the where with all to take care of their own stinken bodies. Obamacare is going to get worse before it gets better and in the hands of the feds it will take forever to turn that wayward ship around.

Virginia Insurers Seek 18% ObamaCare Premium Hike

Anthem
(ANTM) HealthKeepers, one of the biggest players in the state’s individual market, is seeking an average 15.8% rate hike for a projected 190,000 members, both on and off the exchange.

Anthem cited medical inflation, increased utilization, new specialty drugs for Hepatitis C; and the expiration of ObamaCare’s reinsurance program that covers a portion of claims for the costliest patients.

Innovation Health, a partnership in Virginia 50% owned by Aetna (AET), is seeking a 16.6% rate increase for 61,000 members.

UnitedHealth (UNH), which has dropped out of Arkansas and Georgia, is at least keeping its options open in Virginia. It submitted a filing requesting a 9.4% rate increase for its 6,900 members, according to ObamaCare enrollment tracker ACASignups.net.

Overall, the average weighted premium-hike request appears to be 17.9%, says Charles Gaba of ACASignups.

The rate increases may turn out to be quite small for those who qualify for subsidies. The average premium hike for the subsidized population was just 4% in 2016, the Obama administration said on Tuesday.

Consumers may be able to switch to cheaper plans, which might also hold down their premium increases. But all of the carriers except for UnitedHealth appear to be seeking double-digit increases in Virginia. A couple of carriers with a combined 40,000 customers, CareFirst BlueChoice and Optima Health, are seeking rate increases in excess of 30%.

But they are not really seeking them....according to RINO left wing idiots.

This is all just fantasy and somebody is in a basement somewhere making this stuff up.

Consumers may be able to switch to cheaper plans,
In health care insurance a cheaper plan is more expensive once you get sick! Why don't people understand that? If you're on Obamacare and you're poor and you get really sick like cancer or something...you are screwed! Your care will be substandard and you will most likely die. My uncle had a heart attack 6 months ago. He has Covered CA, California's version of Obama care. It covers almost nothing and his copay is forcing him to refinance his home. If you're on Obama care stay healthy!

Not anymore. The point of the PPACA was to deny insurers the ability to deny coverage or establish lifetime caps. Try to pay attention
Copays are higher and certain drugs and treatments are not covered. I pay attention. If you favor Obamacare fine. Sign up.

Not anymore. The point of the PPACA was to deny insurers the ability to deny coverage or establish lifetime caps. Try to pay attention
Copays are higher and certain drugs and treatments are not covered.

By which insurers in what states and under what terms and conditions?

After you're finished presenting concrete evidence for the above, you can prove that this never, ever, ever happened prior to January 2014.

Forum List

Back