Get Ready for Huge Obamacare Premium Hikes in 2017

You haven't.

United is not a big player and is driven by profit motive for its share holders.

Understandable, yes, but we are entering an age where competent, affordable, accessible health care is mandatory for all Americans.

How can you say "we are entering an age where competent, affordable, accessible health care is mandatory for all Americans" when the exact opposite has been happening since the day it started?

Is everyone you know saving $2,500? If they liked their insurance, were they able to keep that plan? What about their doctor? If they liked their doctor, were all your friends able to keep those doctors?

The other joke in all this is that no one has, no one is, and (I suspect) no one will....define the goal in terms of specifics.

"Affordable" ? Just what does that mean ? Who gets to decide ?

Mandatory ? That word is, of course, scary. Especially in the phrase you used....if it is quote from Fakey...I understand....she's all about using government to give her goodies.

"Accessible" ? Funny.....Rural America does not have access now....how is that going to change.

I've always advocated for a crisp discussion on basic preventive care. But, even that has it's pitfalls.

If I were you, I'd challenge Fakey to the bullring.....

You could expose her as the liar she is......

Only one problem...she won't show up......she's a loud mouthed, know-nothing, coward. She's been challenged before and lost every time by default.

Sun Devil blathers along. Marklekeys won't challenge me any more than Sun Devil will, considering I kicked their arguments for far up their butts that they are peeping out of their asses.

The point is this and this is what they hate: ACA is working, it has slowed and flattened down the inflation cost curve, has added sixteen million to those who have affordable and accessible and quality insurance.

Any denial of those post is an admission of defeat.

The lefties have to defend it, the righties have to attack it.

It's a crap law, it's a little better than what we had before, and our "leaders" in both parties have failed us yet again.

Once again...

What do you defend it against ?

On what basis do you attack it ?

In my case, it is the lies that were fabricated to sell it (which anyone with a brain admit to...including John Stewart).

There are no metrics.

We are at 17% of GDP like we were before. Obamacare has not done crap except give costly unusable insurance to some at the expense of others.

I've kept this one bookmarked as a watcher.....

Five reasons Americans already love ObamaCare — plus one reason why they’re gonna love it even more, soon | Fox News

It's a crap law, it's a little better than what we had before, and our "leaders" in both parties have failed us yet again.

Once again...

In my case, it is the lies that were fabricated to sell it (which anyone with a brain admit to...including John Stewart).

There are no metrics.

We are at 17% of GDP like we were before. Obamacare has not done crap except give costly unusable insurance to some at the expense of others.
There are more people covered now than before, and that's a good thing, assuming they can deal with the ridiculous deductibles, and why I say "its a little better".

Otherwise, as I said, it's a crap law.

Once again...

There are no metrics.

There are more people covered now than before, and that's a good thing, assuming they can deal with the ridiculous deductibles, and why I say "its a little better".

Otherwise, as I said, it's a crap law.

Is the law crap or do we have our heads stuck in the sand.

You can't spend an average of $8,5000 per person per year on health care and not be really expensive.

Health Care has met the ever changing face of our society and people are going to get screwed.

It's time to start training people to do doctors work who will work for $15/hr so people can at least get something....otherwise, the government will soon own 1/2 the GDP of this nation.

Sun Devil blathers along. Marklekeys won't challenge me any more than Sun Devil will, considering I kicked their arguments for far up their butts that they are peeping out of their asses.

The point is this and this is what they hate: ACA is working, it has slowed and flattened down the inflation cost curve, has added sixteen million to those who have affordable and accessible and quality insurance.

You are, indeed, amusing. I'm new here but all I've seen is others embarrassing you.

You do seem to have your head in the stars.

ObamaCare’s 2016 Enrollment Failure Hits Working Class

• 3/12/2016

New exchange enrollment data released by the Obama administration on Friday reveal in multiple ways that ObamaCare is failing to live up to its goal of providing affordable care.

That’s no small problem when the law mandates that people buy coverage or face a fine. The fact that enrollment grew only modestly in the law’s third year despite the ramping up of the mandate penalty underscores the reality that ObamaCare only offers poor options to far too many millions of people.

No one is getting a worse deal than the people of Mississippi. Despite the fact that the state ranked near the bottom last year with enrollment of just 38% of those eligible for subsidies, the number of people signing up for subsidized exchange plans in 2016 was virtually flat from a year ago (97,943 vs 97,606 in 2015).

Centene Wins, Mississippi Loses
IBD predicted last fall that Mississippi would be “ground zero for ObamaCare’s individual mandate” because stagnant state sign-ups looked like a sure bet with after-subsidy premiums set to jump on the order of 60%, far more than in any of the 36 other states using HealthCare.gov last year.

For 30-year-olds in Yazoo City earning about $25,000 (214% of the poverty level), the after-subsidy cost of the cheapest bronze plan spiked by about $550 to just under $1,500, or 6% of pay. Because this plan from Ambetter, a unit of Centene (CNC), covers little before the $6,800 deductible is met, it may make the $695 mandate tax look like the best among bad options for someone who isn’t expecting big medical bills.

It’s becoming clear that millions of working-class Americans face a choice between paying a penalty they surely can’t afford and buying a policy — if they can foot the bill — that may still wreck their finances if they land in the hospital.

While this reality is pretty pervasive, it’s especially harsh in some areas, Mississippi and Washington state among them, partly due to competitive pricing decisions made by Centene. While the cheapest bronze-plan premium (before subsidies) rose about $250 in Mississippi for a $25,000-earner, the subsidy fell $300, yielding the $550 increase. That came about because the subsidies are tied to the cost of the second-cheapest silver plan, and Centene cornered the market on low-cost plans in a number of states this year by attaching bronze-like deductibles ($5,500 and $6,500) to silver plans.

Your admission of defeat is accepted.

AnimatedLaughterPink.gif

You are, indeed, amusing. I'm new here but all I've seen is others embarrassing you.

• 3/12/2016
New exchange enrollment data released by the Obama administration on Friday reveal in multiple ways that ObamaCare is failing to live up to its goal of providing affordable care.

That’s no small problem when the law mandates that people buy coverage or face a fine. The fact that enrollment grew only modestly in the law’s third year despite the ramping up of the mandate penalty underscores the reality that ObamaCare only offers poor options to far too many millions of people.

No one is getting a worse deal than the people of Mississippi. Despite the fact that the state ranked near the bottom last year with enrollment of just 38% of those eligible for subsidies, the number of people signing up for subsidized exchange plans in 2016 was virtually flat from a year ago (97,943 vs 97,606 in 2015).

IBD predicted last fall that Mississippi would be “ground zero for ObamaCare’s individual mandate” because stagnant state sign-ups looked like a sure bet with after-subsidy premiums set to jump on the order of 60%, far more than in any of the 36 other states using HealthCare.gov last year.

For 30-year-olds in Yazoo City earning about $25,000 (214% of the poverty level), the after-subsidy cost of the cheapest bronze plan spiked by about $550 to just under $1,500, or 6% of pay. Because this plan from Ambetter, a unit of Centene (CNC), covers little before the $6,800 deductible is met, it may make the $695 mandate tax look like the best among bad options for someone who isn’t expecting big medical bills.

It’s becoming clear that millions of working-class Americans face a choice between paying a penalty they surely can’t afford and buying a policy — if they can foot the bill — that may still wreck their finances if they land in the hospital.

While this reality is pretty pervasive, it’s especially harsh in some areas, Mississippi and Washington state among them, partly due to competitive pricing decisions made by Centene. While the cheapest bronze-plan premium (before subsidies) rose about $250 in Mississippi for a $25,000-earner, the subsidy fell $300, yielding the $550 increase. That came about because the subsidies are tied to the cost of the second-cheapest silver plan, and Centene cornered the market on low-cost plans in a number of states this year by attaching bronze-like deductibles ($5,500 and $6,500) to silver plans.

How is this surprising ?

In your last paragraph, I assume these figures are per month.

Is that correct ?

RWNJs have been saying this every year and so far, it has not happened.

What has happened is that Republicans have found loop holes in order to deny affordable care to their constituents.

The right will continue to find ways to gouge and cheat people who can least afford it.

RWNJs have been saying this every year and so far, it has not happened.

What has happened is that Republicans have found loop holes in order to deny affordable care to their constituents.

The right will continue to find ways to gouge and cheat people who can least afford it.

While I know you are playing dumb, I have to ask if you really are that stupid ?

The citation in the OP is not from a RWNJ.

Moron.

LOL_zpsrc5py0ql.gif

• 3/12/2016

How is this surprising ?

In your last paragraph, I assume these figures are per month.

It is simple, read the article I provided for that purpose.

But the Obamacare lovers will stick their heads up their asses and say :lalala::lalala::lalala:.

This isn't happening.

I can't imagine deductibles that high.

uhc sucks.....so lets let unhealthy people die...good plan there....kinda like what private insurance companies have been doing for decades

You missed the key points......

You can't hide the numbers.....

Regardless of who pays.....if costs stay the same....insurance (if it is balanced) will stay too.

If you add costs of additional care....total insurance costs follow.

Natural.
Add that to the fact that states can't meet the min $$ to qualify for the 80% federal match. So can't pay for the now bloated Medicare system.

Medicare is a Federal Government program like Social Security.

Medicaid is the low-income program administered by the states and subsidized by the Federal taxpayer.

Forum List

Back