Get Ready for Huge Obamacare Premium Hikes in 2017

After you're finished presenting concrete evidence for the above, you can prove that this never, ever, ever happened prior to January 2014
For one thing the courts just today said Obama can't pay down cost with tax dollars. The cost will have to be paid in full by the holder of the plan or the state of California. No subsidies paid out by uncle sam. That will cause the whole plan to be uprooted and redone. Secondly Costs have risen in California by 8% in two years. 4% this year. That is not too bad until you consider the time line. I don't know about you but I had a great plan for myself and my employees just 5 years ago so when people say the health care system was a mess before Obama care I just laugh. In 2008 health care costs were at the bottom of the list of things people wanted Obama to address. Most responsible people had healthcare insurance. The problem were some folks would rather have a 50 in plasma rather than pay for insurance. That fact has not changed and it is the reason cost will continue to rise. Given the news of today arguing that costs won't continue to escalate is sophomoric at best.

Not anymore. The point of the PPACA was to deny insurers the ability to deny coverage or establish lifetime caps. Try to pay attention
Copays are higher and certain drugs and treatments are not covered. I pay attention. If you favor Obamacare fine. Sign up.

The rate hikes are coming.

The left and the RINO left can't accept that.

As CATO stated so well "Obamacare has made inexpensive inusurance illegal". Now a Bronze plan is little more than an overly expensive catastrophic plan.

You just can't fix stupid.

After you're finished presenting concrete evidence for the above, you can prove that this never, ever, ever happened prior to January 2014
For one thing the courts just today said Obama can't pay down cost with tax dollars. The cost will have to be paid in full by the holder of the plan or the state of California. No subsidies paid out by uncle sam. That will cause the whole plan to be uprooted and redone. Secondly Costs have risen in California by 8% in two years. 4% this year. That is not too bad until you consider the time line. I don't know about you but I had a great plan for myself and my employees just 5 years ago so when people say the health care system was a mess before Obama care I just laugh. In 2008 health care costs were at the bottom of the list of things people wanted Obama to address. Most responsible people had healthcare insurance. The problem were some folks would rather have a 50 in plasma rather than pay for insurance. That fact has not changed and it is the reason cost will continue to rise. Given the news of today arguing that costs won't continue to escalate is sophomoric at best.

Stop wasting your breath.

You are either responding to FakeMalarky or AirinHead.

They always move the goal posts.

As I've said along, there was never a criteria for a report card for Obamacare.

The rate hikes might be fine relative to previous rate hikes. But somehow, I don't recall them being this high.

Both sides have their heads stuck in the sand. We pay, on average, 8,500 per person per year. That is a reported fact.

Where is all that money going.

If we really think we need to spend that much, fine. We know what we need to collect to pay for it.

I am starting to think we need a college class on how to buy health insurance and health care.

Data from the OECD show that the U.S. spent 17.1 percent of its gross domestic product (GDP) on health care in 2013. This was almost 50 percent more than the next-highest spender (France, 11.6% of GDP) and almost double what was spent in the U.K. (8.8%). U.S. spending per person was equivalent to $9,086 (not adjusted for inflation).

U.S. Health Care from a Global Perspective

This was from 2013. I've read other numbers for that year that are somewhat lower.

Last edited:
Data from the OECD show that the U.S. spent 17.1 percent of its gross domestic product (GDP) on health care in 2013. This was almost 50 percent more than the next-highest spender (France, 11.6% of GDP) and almost double what was spent in the U.K. (8.8%). U.S. spending per person was equivalent to $9,086 (not adjusted for inflation).

Exactly. In 2013. Before the PPACA was fully implemented in 2014. Are you still among those who claim "Everything was fine and we didn't need to change it"? Which side of the argument are you taking today?

In health care insurance a cheaper plan is more expensive once you get sick!

Not anymore. The point of the PPACA was to deny insurers the ability to deny coverage or establish lifetime caps. Try to pay attention.

Which means that the premiums are going to skyrocket for everyone else.

Not surprising, you missed the point of Arianrhod's post.

With the cheaper insurance plans, your deductibles are far, far higher. You have probably noticed that those deductibles, not uncommonly, can be $5,000 to $6,000 per year.

We Conservatives forecast that not enough young, healthy people would enroll in Obamacare and opt to pay the fine. Which is exactly what has happened.

Do you recall Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama lying to you and saying that each household would save $2,500 a year? Can you show us where that has happened?

This was from 2013. I've read other numbers for that year that are somewhat lower.

Exactly. In 2013. Before the PPACA was fully implemented in 2014. Are you still among those who claim "Everything was fine and we didn't need to change it"? Which side of the argument are you taking today?

I know of no one saying "Everything was fine and we didn't need to change it", changes needed to be made but this is a disaster.

Not anymore. The point of the PPACA was to deny insurers the ability to deny coverage or establish lifetime caps. Try to pay attention.

Not surprising, you missed the point of Arianrhod's post.

With the cheaper insurance plans, your deductibles are far, far higher. You have probably noticed that those deductibles, not uncommonly, can be $5,000 to $6,000 per year.

We Conservatives forecast that not enough young, healthy people would enroll in Obamacare and opt to pay the fine. Which is exactly what has happened.

Do you recall Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama lying to you and saying that each household would save $2,500 a year? Can you show us where that has happened?

Who's post ? She only advocates for Obamacare.

What you state is true...but it is nothing she'll sign up for.

I know of no one saying "Everything was fine and we didn't need to change it", changes needed to be made but this is a disaster.

Agreed.

But nothing changes as long as we are spending that much. I don't care if it is in premiums or taxes....$8,500 per person per year is still $8,500 per person per year.

Fix that and you might see some progress.

And yet, they aren't everywhere, only in states that can't figure out how to do it right:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threa...lth-premiums-down-like-no-other-state.496092/

As they were prior to passage of the PPACA, but the premiums kept going up anyway. Then there were the lifetime caps, the denial of coverage for preexisting conditions, the denial of coverage for certain drugs, etc., etc., etc. that the insurers can't get away with anymore.

Reworking those deductibles and capping premium increases will happen when certain state legislatures stop being stupid or their constituents catch on instead of parroting the "Obummercare suks" meme and vote them out of office.

$8,500 per person per year is still that much.

Anything we are doing now is just pushing the bill onto others.

And yet, they aren't everywhere, only in states that can't figure out how to do it right:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threa...lth-premiums-down-like-no-other-state.496092/

As they were prior to passage of the PPACA, but the premiums kept going up anyway. Then there were the lifetime caps, the denial of coverage for preexisting conditions, the denial of coverage for certain drugs, etc., etc., etc. that the insurers can't get away with anymore.

Reworking those deductibles and capping premium increases will happen when certain state legislatures stop being stupid or their constituents catch on instead of parroting the "Obummercare suks" meme and vote them out of office.

Typical of my far left Progressive friends. They have "solutions" that take huge amounts of money...and they have no clue as to where they will find all that money.

If someone had lifetime caps, thy had elected to BUY health insurance with lifetime caps. The song and dance about pre-existing conditions could easily have been solved without destroying our health care insurance and care system.

This may come as a shock to you but insurance companies don't get "AWAY" with anything.

Specifically...HOW do you "REWORK" deductibles? Where does the MONEY come from?

Specifically...HOW do you cap premium increases? Where does the MONEY come from?

You see...the FACT IS...Obummercare Suks!

Insurers warn losses from ObamaCare are unsustainable

AddThis Sharing Buttons
By Peter Sullivan - 04/15/16 06:00 AM EDT

[...]

The Blue Cross Blue Shield Association released a widely publicized report last month that said new enrollees under ObamaCare had 22 percent higher medical costs than people who received coverage from employers.

And a report from McKinsey & Company found that in the individual market, which includes the ObamaCare marketplaces, insurers lost money in 41 states in 2014, and were only profitable in 9 states.

“We continue to have serious concerns about the sustainability of the public exchanges,” Mark Bertolini, the CEO of Aetna, said in February.

[...]

Typical of my far left Progressive friends. They have "solutions" that take huge amounts of money...and they have no clue as to where they will find all that money.

If someone had lifetime caps, thy had elected to BUY health insurance with lifetime caps. The song and dance about pre-existing conditions could easily have been solved without destroying our health care insurance and care system.

This may come as a shock to you but insurance companies don't get "AWAY" with anything.

Specifically...HOW do you cap premium increases? Where does the MONEY come from?

AddThis Sharing Buttons

[...]

The Blue Cross Blue Shield Association released a widely publicized report last month that said new enrollees under ObamaCare had 22 percent higher medical costs than people who received coverage from employers.

And a report from McKinsey & Company found that in the individual market, which includes the ObamaCare marketplaces, insurers lost money in 41 states in 2014, and were only profitable in 9 states.

“We continue to have serious concerns about the sustainability of the public exchanges,” Mark Bertolini, the CEO of Aetna, said in February.

[...]

Oh, this isn't happening.

It's just all right wing propaganda.

People really are not paying higher deductibles.

They all love Obamacare....

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

How California Keeps Health Premiums Down Like No Other State

AddThis Sharing Buttons

[...]

[...]

Have you checked the Dow lately? Insurers are doing just fine.

There are at least six threads about that already, some of them several months old. Don't you people ever read each others' threads?

The only fact there is that one - count it, one - insurer is pulling out of some markets.

I asked you to provide a breakdown of all the companies you claimed are flourishing because they're leaving markets that shows their profits and losses before and after that decision.

You don't have that information. All you have is what your Media Masters keep shouting in your ear so that you can repeat it here.

I.e., you've got nothing.

Forum List

Back