General Patton Speaks With God

So when things are going good, God is on our side and when things are difficult it's all God's fault.

Pretty fucking convenient. No wonder religion is so popular - it removes the need for personal responsibility.

:eusa_think: All that's left now is to define 'God'.....

Maybe if Patton sat on his ass you could draw that conclusion.

Hollie, you can't even prove that God does not exist.
I can prove that the gawds do not exist.

You can't prove I cannot.

No, Hollie, you can't prove that gods do not exist. If you could the discussion would be over.

All you can give us is your opinion on the matter, which I happen to agree with.

Oh, come on, AJ. I'm just having a little fun with the boy. :)

There are "jake" types who will use the "you can't prove it isn't" meme as implied proof that their gawds, Bigfoots and Nessie's therefore actually do exist.

"You can't prove it isn't" is a failed, pointless retreat.

It is an excellent rejection of your silliness, Hollie.

I never said or implied what you have just lied about: "types who will use the 'you can't prove it isn't' meme as implied proof that their gawds Bigfoots and Nessie's therefore actually do exist."

Have faith as you will in what you don't believe.

I will have faith as I will in what I believe.

No, Hollie, you can't prove that gods do not exist. If you could the discussion would be over.

All you can give us is your opinion on the matter, which I happen to agree with.

There are "jake" types who will use the "you can't prove it isn't" meme as implied proof that their gawds, Bigfoots and Nessie's therefore actually do exist.

I never said or implied what you have just lied about: "types who will use the 'you can't prove it isn't' meme as implied proof that their gawds Bigfoots and Nessie's therefore actually do exist."

What a shame you're so dishonest. And you, being the ultimate example of what a "true christian" is.

And yes, your pointless "you can't prove it isn't", meme is precisely your argument for your gawds.

What a shame you're so dishonest. And you, being the ultimate example of what a "true christian" is.

And yes, your pointless "you can't prove it isn't", meme is precisely your argument for your gawds.

You are lying again, little tool atheist.

There is no such meme, only your unsettled self.

You can't prove it, neither can I. Yet we believe.

That, Hollie, is called faith.

There's that good christian spirit of anger and self-hate.

You seem quite befuddled as to what you're claiming / defending. You've gone from the "you can't prove it isn't" meme to now, the "you can't prove it", meme.

So when things are going good, God is on our side and when things are difficult it's all God's fault.

Pretty fucking convenient. No wonder religion is so popular - it removes the need for personal responsibility.

The gawds are pretty clever that way.

Caliber of weapons and volume of fire usually decide the winners and losers in war. The gawds have a peculiar way of always being on the winning side of the folks with the biggest arsenal.

Strange, that.

Ahhhh... but God controls the weather and Murphy's Law, giving even the most talented military men an excuse for their failures.

Now don't be cynical. If the weather had changed for the worst on d day we might have lost the war.

Hardly. It might have thrown the campaign into Germany for a loop, but by the winter of 1944/45 it was all over but the shouting. The Russians were rolling up the war in the East, the Germans were all but out of gas (hence the reason for the Battle of the Bulge in the first place) because their oil supplies in Romania were bombed flat, their rail lines were wrecked, and the US was making everything faster than we could lose it. Even if the Allies had been thrown out of Europe a second time, it wasn't like they couldn't just invade again while the Germans were scratching the bottom of the barrel for everything.

The gawds are pretty clever that way.

Caliber of weapons and volume of fire usually decide the winners and losers in war. The gawds have a peculiar way of always being on the winning side of the folks with the biggest arsenal.

Strange, that.

Ahhhh... but God controls the weather and Murphy's Law, giving even the most talented military men an excuse for their failures.

Now don't be cynical. If the weather had changed for the worst on d day we might have lost the war.

Hardly. It might have thrown the campaign into Germany for a loop, but by the winter of 1944/45 it was all over but the shouting. The Russians were rolling up the war in the East, the Germans were all but out of gas (hence the reason for the Battle of the Bulge in the first place) because their oil supplies in Romania were bombed flat, their rail lines were wrecked, and the US was making everything faster than we could lose it. Even if the Allies had been thrown out of Europe a second time, it wasn't like they couldn't just invade again while the Germans were scratching the bottom of the barrel for everything.

The Nazis were trying to develop the atom bomb and they also had a design for a jet plane to deliver it to America. If the war had gone on long enough they might have succeeded in being first to produce atomic bombs.

They weren't close enough to developing either by December 1944 that it would have mattered. Essentially, both the Soviets and the US/UK/France would have had to stop advancing and do nothing for a couple of years for the Germans to get the bomb and a delivery means. Even if the Germans managed to kick the Western Allies out of Europe, they had no way to stop the Soviet advance and the reverse is also true.

"December 27, 1944

George Patton once again walks to the front of a small
Catholic chapel and drops to his knees in prayer.

"Sir, this is Patton again," he begins with an air of contrition. "And I beg to report complete progress. Sir, it seems to me that You have been much better informed about the situation than I was, because it was that awful weather which I cursed You so much which made it possible for the German army to commit suicide. That, Sir, was a brilliant military move, and I bow humbly to Your supreme genius."

The German advance stalled on Christmas Eve 1944. Basically, the Germans overran their supply lines. And without ammunition and gasoline, they were unable to wage an offensive campaign. The continued progress of Patton and his Third Army eventually spelled doom for Operation Watch on the Rhine.

By January 25, 1945, the Germans had retreated back to the same positions they had held at the start of the offensive six weeks earlier. Thus ended the last great German attack on the Western Front.

"The relief of Bastogne is the most brilliant operation we have thus far performed, and is in my opinion the outstanding achievement of this war," Patton writes home to his wife, Beatrice. "

Patton's conversation with God is from
"Killing Patton :THE STRANGE DEATH OF WORLD WAR II S
MOST AUDACIOUS GENERAL," by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard

So Patton had nothing to do with his military successes? :eusa_eh:

Roosevelt could have appointed Micky Mouse to the job and God would have ensured the outcome?

:lmao:

There's that good christian spirit of anger and self-hate.

You seem quite befuddled as to what you're claiming / defending. You've gone from the "you can't prove it isn't" meme to now, the "you can't prove it", meme.

I am not angry, you are self loathing, obviously.

Believe as you wish, but you are only allowed to lie to yourself, no one else, here. It is what it is.

Patton would have slapped the three of you, PoliticalChic, for such a foul use of him and his legend. Hmmm, he believes in reincarationation, so he might just do that.

Roosevelt could have appointed Micky Mouse to the job and God would have ensured the outcome?

Not what I said is it.

Not what I said is it.

Joe is suffering from Hollie-itis: saying folks said things they did not say. PC is going to do that today as well.

To be accurate, neither Roosevelt nor Patton's boss, Eisenhower, wanted him and did what they could- when they could ( he was a bulldog on the battlefield)- to keep him out of the fight and out of the public's eye.

I'll OP about it in the future.

To be accurate, neither Roosevelt nor Patton's boss, Eisenhower, wanted him and did what they could- when they could ( he was a bulldog on the battlefield)- to keep him out of the fight and out of the public's eye.

That's a lie, and your OP will be booted out the window.

Rees Howells and his student intercessors were the true victors that turned the tide and brought Hitler to his knees according to church history. They were behind the scenes on the spiritual Front line of WWII battle while Patton and others were on the front lines of the physical battle. The physical manifests what takes place in the spiritual realm first.

There was a testimony of an intercessor who saw Hitler tormented in hell and crying out Rees Howells name - blaming him as the one who had defeated him in his plans to take the world. He blamed Rees Howells - for his defeat - calling him by name - is what the intercessor said - which I can believe because Rees Howells was a great man of prayer and knew the power of prayer greater perhaps then any other person of his generation.

Last edited:

That's a lie, and your OP will be booted out the window.

What a surprise.....another subject you know zero about, but are willing to lie about.

Forum List

Back