General Patton Speaks With God

Patton was a great general. One of three or four who really stood out at that time.
Why his religion should suddenly be so important all of a sudden is a total mystery to me.
That being said, I think it is good that he was a man of faith.

So when things are going good, God is on our side and when things are difficult it's all God's fault.

Pretty fucking convenient. No wonder religion is so popular - it removes the need for personal responsibility.

:eusa_think: All that's left now is to define 'God'.....
The gawds are pretty clever that way.

Caliber of weapons and volume of fire usually decide the winners and losers in war. The gawds have a peculiar way of always being on the winning side of the folks with the biggest arsenal.

Strange, that.

Ahhhh... but God controls the weather and Murphy's Law, giving even the most talented military men an excuse for their failures.

Now don't be cynical. If the weather had changed for the worst on d day we might have lost the war.

We would have won, but probably one year later, had D-day failed.

Jeri, you are not an authority on the bible.

Hollie, you can't even prove that God does not exist.

Yet you both want to talk with authority for the rest of us.

While this may be true, there is nothing wrong with expressing opinions with all the authority and convictions of our own beliefs.

It's up to the reader to decide the validity of an opinion.

As long as their intent is not unrighteous dominion; however, that is in both cases, I believe, their intent.

I apologize ahead of time if that is not their intent.

As long as their intent is not unrighteous dominion; however, that is in both cases, I believe, their intent.

I apologize ahead of time if that is not their intent.

Since when does the intent of the giver of an opinion matter to the reader deciding whether or not to agree? :dunno:

Hollie, you can't even prove that God does not exist.
I can prove that the gawds do not exist.

You can't prove I cannot.

No, Hollie, you can't prove that gods do not exist. If you could the discussion would be over.

All you can give us is your opinion on the matter, which I happen to agree with.

Oh, come on, AJ. I'm just having a little fun with the boy. :)

There are "jake" types who will use the "you can't prove it isn't" meme as implied proof that their gawds, Bigfoots and Nessie's therefore actually do exist.

"You can't prove it isn't" is a failed, pointless retreat.

"Patton's prayer is unique.
He is asking not only for deliverance, but for power.

Few men are ever given the chance to change the course of history so completely. If the men inside Bastogne are to be rescued, it will be because of the daring of George S. Patton — as he himself well knows.
But to succeed he will need a little help from above.
The last words of Patton's prayer are for the ages.

"Damn it, Sir, I can't fight a shadow. Without Your cooperation from a weather standpoint, I am deprived of accurate disposition of the German armies and how in the hell can I be intelligent in my attack? All of this probably sounds unreasonable to You, but I have lost all patience with Your chaplains who insist that this is a typical Ardennes winter, and that I must have faith.

"Faith and patience be damned! You have just got to make up Your mind whose side You are on. You must come to my assistance, so that I may dispatch the entire German Army as a birthday present to your Prince of Peace."

Since when does the intent of the giver of an opinion matter to the reader deciding whether or not to agree? :dunno:

Avg Joe, I said nothing about agreeing.

But explain, please.

Even if my intent is to proselytize, it's up to my readers to decide for themselves whether I make sense or appear to be bat-shit crazy.

Our political media is a perfect example - just 'cause Rush & Hannity say it doesn't make it true - hell, it doesn't even make it believable, necessarily.

"Patton's prayer is unique.
He is asking not only for deliverance, but for power.

So power proves a connection to God?

Our history is either evidence to the contrary, or God is a vindictive little prick.

Disgusting that you feel it necessary to burnish your secular creds by showing such disrespect.

The Founders understood this ...God's role...
There are four references to ‘Divine’ in D of I…
1)in first paragraph ‘Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God,’
2) next paragraph ‘endowed by their Creator,”
3) Supreme Judge of the world, and
4) ‘divine’ Providence, last paragraph.

This is important because our historic documents memorialize a government based on individuals born with inalienable rights, by, in various references, by the Divine, or Nature’s God, or their Creator, or the Supreme Judge, or divine Providence.

There are numerous examples of what is called 'Providence' playing a role
in the history of this great nation.

You,of course, are free to deny same.
And, to be repulsive in the manner you choose said denial.

Last edited:
Disgusting that you feel it necessary to burnish your secular creds by showing such disrespect.

This is important because our historic documents memorialize a government based on individuals born with inalienable rights, by, in various references, by the Divine, or Nature’s God, or their Creator, or the Supreme Judge, or divine Providence.

Please feel free to point to a verifiable story from our bloody history that shows power being used in Agape love.

Survival of the most fit on a dog-eat-dog world sure seems to fit the historic evidence better.

Because God, at least The God of Abraham, as defined in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran, is imaginary, my calling Him a vindictive little prick is really only a reflection of all the vindictive little pricks who've claimed such power over the sheeple.

Ah, yes, the wonderful legend that American ingenuity won world war II, and not all the Indians, Chinese and Russians who did most of the fighting.

Indians???? Chinese???

What a fucking moron!!

There might have been some Indian soldiers (from the British empire) but I have never heard of the Chinese having any part in either world wars, apart from fighting the Japanese invaders.

Please feel free to point to a verifiable story from our bloody history that shows power being used in Agape love.

Survival of the most fit on a dog-eat-dog world sure seems to fit the historic evidence better.

Because God, at least The God of Abraham, as defined in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran, is imaginary, my calling Him a vindictive little prick is really only a reflection of all the vindictive little pricks who've claimed such power over the sheeple.

""The lady doth protest too much,methinks."

The slap that I delivered had the desired intent.

Good.

You may, or course, continue to be a bottom-feeder.

General Patton continued:

"Sir, I have never been an unreasonable man; I am not going to ask You to do the impossible. I do not even insist upon a miracle, for all I request is four days of clear weather.

"Give me four days so that my planes can fly, so that my fighter bombers can bomb and strafe, so that my reconnaissance may pick out targets for my magnificent artillery. Give me four days of sunshine to dry this blasted mud, so that my tanks roll, so that ammunition and rations may be taken to my hungry, ill-equipped infantry.

I need these four days to send von Rundstedt and his godless army to their Valhalla. I am sick of this unnecessary butchering of American youth, and in exchange for four days of fighting weather, I will deliver You enough Krauts to keep Your bookkeepers months behind in their work.

Amen."

Forum List

Back