"Silence Patton" and Follow-Up Book Shed Crucial Light on End of WWII and the Cold War

Not really. The Soviets were in a much better position than we were in in terms of number of troops, supply lines, etc. By March, 1945, the Allies had barely crossed the Rhine, but the Soviets were already in East Prussia and Silesia, right on Berlin's doorstep.

That and it was batshit crazy. There's a reason that the British sacked Churchill before the war was even completely over.
Part I The US Allied drive was stalled to let Stalin take everything up to half of Berlin. The Germans would have surrendered all of Germany to the USA, but Stalin negotiated against himself with his FDR sock puppet

Part II Had Uncle Joe not stayed put, Allied air power, including new German Jet Fighters turned against USSR tanks, artillery, supply lines and Air Force; with the factories no longer subject to Allied bombing, mass production of German 8.8cm Pak and Tiger tanks.

But America was weary and wanted an honorable end.

Patton was correct that for Eastern Europe it just exchanged one Evil Overlord for someone even worse

Part I The US Allied drive was stalled to let Stalin take everything up to half of Berlin. The Germans would have surrendered all of Germany to the USA, but Stalin negotiated against himself with his FDR sock puppet

You have an interesting bunch of fantasies, but the reality is, the Russians were always going to get to Berlin first.

Part II Had Uncle Joe not stayed put, Allied air power, including new German Jet Fighters turned against USSR tanks, artillery, supply lines and Air Force; with the factories no longer subject to Allied bombing, mass production of German 8.8cm Pak and Tiger tanks.

There were very few ME262's left by the end of the war. Germany was completely exhausted, having lost 4.3 million men out of a population of 70 million. Even if they could get their industry up and running again, they wouldn't have had the manpower to fight. By the end of the war, Germany was down to the Volksgrenadiers, mostly made up of old men and little boys. The British Empire was equally exhausted, almost entirely relying on Commonwealth troops to fight the war for them.

But America was weary and wanted an honorable end.

Patton was correct that for Eastern Europe it just exchanged one Evil Overlord for someone even worse

Not really. Sure the Communists were oppressive, but they weren't genocidal.

You have an interesting bunch of fantasies, but the reality is, the Russians were always going to get to Berlin first.

There were very few ME262's left by the end of the war. Germany was completely exhausted, having lost 4.3 million men out of a population of 70 million. Even if they could get their industry up and running again, they wouldn't have had the manpower to fight. By the end of the war, Germany was down to the Volksgrenadiers, mostly made up of old men and little boys. The British Empire was equally exhausted, almost entirely relying on Commonwealth troops to fight the war for them.

No offense, but you're completely fucking insane when it comes to Communists

They were genocidal fool

They were not a net positive or gain for their countries

They were genocidal fool

They were not a net positive or gain for their countries

Okay, a couple of points.

First, Genocidal means trying to wipe out a race. Which race was Mao trying to wipe out? Certainly not Chinese people.

Second, while there was massive death under these two guys, most of it had more to do with incompetence than malice. Such as the Chinese famine of 1959-62. The reason why all we boomers got to hear, "They're starving in China, so finish your brocolli!" Mao didn't set out to kill millions, but it kind of happened for a variety of reasons (overreporting rice yields, killing birds as a pest, causing a spike in the insect population, etc.)

Third and final point. China under Mao went from being a fragmented country beset by 40 years of foreign invasion and civil war to one that became a world power. That's not to shabby, if you were one of the ones who got to live.

Okay, a couple of points.

First, Genocidal means trying to wipe out a race. Which race was Mao trying to wipe out? Certainly not Chinese people.

Second, while there was massive death under these two guys, most of it had more to do with incompetence than malice. Such as the Chinese famine of 1959-62. The reason why all we boomers got to hear, "They're starving in China, so finish your brocolli!" Mao didn't set out to kill millions, but it kind of happened for a variety of reasons (overreporting rice yields, killing birds as a pest, causing a spike in the insect population, etc.)

Third and final point. China under Mao went from being a fragmented country beset by 40 years of foreign invasion and civil war to one that became a world power. That's not to shabby, if you were one of the ones who got to live.
WRONG

it was entirely out of malice

The genocide they commited was deliberate and engineered. Yes he did set out to kill millions

Commiting murder on the scale of tens of millions and allowing others live in a iron fisted tyranny with a demographic time bomb is not a net gain

WRONG

it was entirely out of malice

The genocide they commited was deliberate and engineered. Yes he did set out to kill millions

Commiting murder on the scale of tens of millions and allowing others live in a iron fisted tyranny with a demographic time bomb is not a net gain

Clearly, you can't discuss the issue rationally, so there's not much point having a discussion with you.

Clearly, you can't discuss the issue rationally, so there's not much point having a discussion with you.
Which tranlated means I corrected your ignorance with facts which you hate and arer running away as you always do when owned

You did nothing of the sort... you just blurted out some Bircher talking points without understanding the historical context.
Yes I did

I always do with you

I stated absolute historic facts ruining your brainwashed cdeap

You are not educated or informed in the subject of history you ahve only bumpersticker level talking points

I corrected you and owned you with proven facts

Yes I did

I always do with you

I stated absolute historic facts ruining your brainwashed cdeap

You are not educated or informed in the subject of history you ahve only bumpersticker level talking points

I corrected you and owned you with proven facts

Actually, you are one of the weakest posters on the board, and your posts are frequently barely readable due to poor grammar.

only in your dreams!
In your reality

I absolutely prove you a liar time after time becaiuse you are too childish to admit when you are wrong.

That is the constant typical way you are argue you are stupid uneducated and a fuckin liar

I have owned you every time boy and you know it

Forum List

Back