GDP report is a five alarm siren warning -- we are headed towards stagflation

According to the BEA and excluding 2009 cuz that year wasn't all his fault, for Obama's 1st 3 years you get 2.5%, 1.6%, and 2.2%. Which by my math comes out to 2.1% average, not 2.44. I think that is a little better than marginal and I think you cherry picked which years to use.

I picked the years that were closest to each other. It only makes sense to do so. But hey, if if makes you feel good to think Trump was that much better, I will never be able to change your mind....so I am happy for you

I picked the years that were closest to each other. It only makes sense to do so. But hey, if if makes you feel good to think Trump was that much better, I will never be able to change your mind....so I am happy for you
And I'll never change yours either, and that's okay. But let's not pretend that Obama's economic policies were decent. Cuz they weren't and his GDP numbers prove it. 7 and a half years after the recession ended and his 4th qtr 2016 numbers sucked.

But let's not pretend that Obama's economic policies were decent. Cuz they weren't and his GDP numbers prove it. 7 and a half years after the recession ended and his 4th qtr 2016 numbers sucked.

I agree 100% on Obama. It is on Trump where we disagree.

There's not a reasonable analyst out there suggesting that people invest in the current market bubble...in fact just the opposite. "Take the money and run for your lives" is what most are saying currently. Buy bond funds and commodities like gold, silver, and utilities. Maybe select REITs. Because the crash is coming...and it's going to be drastic.

Yea John
Go buy some Bitcoin

Carter is one happy man today as all indications are Biden will be 20 times harder on the working class than Carter!! -OG

The Commerce Department reported today that the high-flying U.S. economy with a 6.7% rate of growth in the U.S. economy for the first half of this year crash landed in the third quarter (July-September) with an anemic rate of just 2 percent.

Those under the age of 40 probably don’t even know what that is – and they’ve certainly never experienced it up front and personal.

Here’s the official definition from Investopedia: Stagflation is characterized by slow economic growth, which is at the same time accompanied by rising prices (i.e. inflation)."

The last time we saw this phenomenon was in the 1970s during the era of presidents Nixon, Ford, and Carter. Years of persistently high inflation triggered a surge in unemployment. That then led to the term "misery index." The sum of the inflation rate and the unemployment rate. It exceeded 18% in Carter’s last year in office.

And then it was…Jimmy we hardly knew ye. With the economy sagging, Carter lost a landslide election to Ronald Reagan.

Worse yet has been the expansion of welfare programs like food stamps and unemployment benefits (not tied to working). These free cash and benefit programs incentivized workers to stay out of the workforce and collect government payments that when added all up could be the equivalent of a $75,000 a year job in many states. The big surprise was that the labor force shrunk and companies had 11 million jobs they couldn’t fill.

The most worrisome trend is the almost overnight decline in business investment. Business investment or "Cap X," as it is sometimes called, is the seed corn of a productive economy.

Companies have slowed their investment spending in part because of the imminent threat of higher taxes and a steel fist of new regulations has cautioned businesses to hit the pause button.

Why invest when the politicians in Washington are threatening to tax away your earnings in the name of paying your "fair share?" Businesses that make profits are now demonized as enemies of the people in this new progressive culture.

The income redistributionists who seem to be driving the Democratic Party agenda are soon going to learn that there pixie dust economic doctrine called Modern Monetary Theory – which posits that Congress can spend and borrow ad infinitum -- is a giant hoax.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...-stephen-moore

2% is inflated!
When it gets readjusted a month from now, 1.5% will be closer to the truth!

And to me the worst part is that we didn't have the monstrous debt back in the 70s. The prime interest rate exceeded 20% in the last month of the Carter Admin, can you imagine what our interest payments would be as we approach $30 trillion and climbing, if rates came anywhere near that high? People say well, that can't happen; oh yeah? Even if the prime only got back up to 5%, which is about the historical average, we'd still have to pay more than a trillion dollars a year just in interest on the debt. And yet we're still spending money in Washington like it was water.
I'm just a simple man, working with my hands, and lord it ain't easy. Question - Can you gauge the wealth of our natural resources based around sustainability, and longevity, and abundance ??? How many citizen's or people/population can we afford to sustain, raise, and promote to live amongst or within this nation based upon our natural resources, and wealth there in ??? Ok, so we created a monetary system in order to manage our natural and human resources within the nation, and we rely on it to control everything in one sense or another.

So are we basically saying that we are out of control of our senses, and therefore we are out of control of our monetary system, and of course this leads us to the depletion of our resources on a national level, and so therefore we must cease any further assault's on our system that encourages a population explosion, and a huge strain on our resources ??????? Is this what the numbers are actually telling us or is it all political theater, and power struggles that which are hoping to always gain control over all these things in order to make use of, and this in order to control the outcomes, and to promote whatever culture's and/or chosen lifestyle's lived within these things after seizing them ???

Numbers are important, but to understand totally what the numbers mean is super important.

Can anyone truly tell the class what the numbers mean, what they encourage, what they control, who controls them, and who is trying to win control of them for their own cultural, agenda's, and lifestyle purposes ??

Last edited:
Carter is one happy man today as all indications are Biden will be 20 times harder on the working class than Carter!! -OG

The Commerce Department reported today that the high-flying U.S. economy with a 6.7% rate of growth in the U.S. economy for the first half of this year crash landed in the third quarter (July-September) with an anemic rate of just 2 percent.

Those under the age of 40 probably don’t even know what that is – and they’ve certainly never experienced it up front and personal.

Here’s the official definition from Investopedia: Stagflation is characterized by slow economic growth, which is at the same time accompanied by rising prices (i.e. inflation)."

The last time we saw this phenomenon was in the 1970s during the era of presidents Nixon, Ford, and Carter. Years of persistently high inflation triggered a surge in unemployment. That then led to the term "misery index." The sum of the inflation rate and the unemployment rate. It exceeded 18% in Carter’s last year in office.

And then it was…Jimmy we hardly knew ye. With the economy sagging, Carter lost a landslide election to Ronald Reagan.

Worse yet has been the expansion of welfare programs like food stamps and unemployment benefits (not tied to working). These free cash and benefit programs incentivized workers to stay out of the workforce and collect government payments that when added all up could be the equivalent of a $75,000 a year job in many states. The big surprise was that the labor force shrunk and companies had 11 million jobs they couldn’t fill.

The most worrisome trend is the almost overnight decline in business investment. Business investment or "Cap X," as it is sometimes called, is the seed corn of a productive economy.

Companies have slowed their investment spending in part because of the imminent threat of higher taxes and a steel fist of new regulations has cautioned businesses to hit the pause button.

Why invest when the politicians in Washington are threatening to tax away your earnings in the name of paying your "fair share?" Businesses that make profits are now demonized as enemies of the people in this new progressive culture.

The income redistributionists who seem to be driving the Democratic Party agenda are soon going to learn that there pixie dust economic doctrine called Modern Monetary Theory – which posits that Congress can spend and borrow ad infinitum -- is a giant hoax.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...-stephen-moore
Did youHear about the pandemic and the ridiculous Republicans who refuse to get vaccinated and are wrecking the economy and the world? It's in all the papers... Lol.

Actually, the 1st 3 years of Trump's presidency, the average annualized GDP was 2.5%, with 3.1% in 2018 after his tax cuts went into effect. 2020 was a bad year with the Coronavirus, but that sure wasn't his fault. And his numbers were an improvement over Obama's; In his eight years in office, U.S. GDP growth averaged 1.62%.

True, it wasn't the greatest, but it was better than what it was.
They know this, but they hope that they can fool the ignorant with their bullcrap, and sadly it works while they have the spoon that I bought feeding them, and the apartments that we help pay for housing them, and every other thing that goes on in which causes their voters loyalties, and their dependencies on a grand scale, and this is what ensures their master's power over them forever.

That's what the working class of America is up against, and it's gotten old quick.

Yeah, and it's all leftist/Democrat propaganda.
It's amazing how they can control every respected media around the entire world as well as courtrooms everywhere, right, brainwashed functional moron. Change the channel you only have one you idiot. And not a respected to say the least. Rupert Murdoch is an international scumbag who is leashed everywhere but here now.

Last edited:
Don't worry its just temporary like inflation
The experts said so ......and all the MSN agrees

It's gonna get nasty
You didn't have the debt you had in the 70s and somewhat of a domestic industrial base where they were making toasters and f14s even on long Island
Made out of parts made in the USA ...

What a fucking idiot, stock gains mean nothing on a weaker dollar
I know, Trump thought the stock market was everything.

January 31 2019
"Tax cuts, regulation cuts by far the most that anybody's ever got, biggest tax cuts. And that's why you look at the market -- we just hit over 25,000. We're back where we were, right?"

February 26 2019
Trump said in a tweet, “Since my election as President the Dow Jones is up 43% and the NASDAQ Composite almost 50%.” He added, “Great news for your 401(k)s as they continue to grow. We are bringing back America faster than anyone thought possible!”

April 10 2020
President Donald Trump took to Twitter on Friday to talk up gains in the stock market as Americans continue to die from the Covid-19 global pandemic. The President touted major gains that he framed as historic, ignoring the recent historic losses.

“This week, in only 4 days, we had the biggest Stock Market increase since 1974,” Trump wrote.

December 17, 2020
More than 307,600 deaths in the U.S. have been recorded since the start of the pandemic. Total documented infections of coronavirus exceeded 17 million individuals as of Thursday.

President Donald Trump, however, didn’t seem fazed by the grim numbers. On the day after the largest death toll in a 24-hour period was recorded, he bragged on Twitter about the stock market, and did what could be described as a premature victory lap about vaccines for the virus.

“All-time Stock Market high,” Trump wrote in a tweet on Thursday morning. “The Vaccine and the Vaccine rollout are getting the best of reviews. Moving along really well. Get those ‘shots’ everyone!”

Don't worry its just temporary like inflation
The experts said so ......and all the MSN agrees

It's gonna get nasty
You didn't have the debt you had in the 70s and somewhat of a domestic industrial base where they were making toasters and f14s even on long Island
Made out of parts made in the USA ...
They're going take the nation back to the normal remember, oh yeah you know what they said "American's better get use to the new normal", and then their slickster Obama said "what is Trump going to do, just wave his magic wand to make jobs come back" ? Mic drop....

We are in trouble people, and in more ways than one with these Democrat's.

How we don't have fail-safes or the strength (activate the 25th), in order to pull the levers offered in our constitution to rid ourselves from the tyranny of these Democrat's, uhhhhh just boggles the mind big time.

What is going on anymore ?

Could it be that these things must come to pass, and the scripture's are to be fulfilled in a timely sequence ? If so I definitely understand it, because we are seeing some super evil stuff taking place in this country today or in these latter days.

The illegal recently driving the vehicle (after having 16 beers or more), and then crashing it into the rear of another vehicle, killing a 5 year old child sitting in her car seat, was a direct assault on this nation by Democrat's who are enjoying the open border in a bid to turn our laws completely upside down now. Again they have the blood of American citizens on their hands, and this makes them the most evil scum ever to live in this country now.

I know, Trump thought the stock market was everything.

January 31 2019
"Tax cuts, regulation cuts by far the most that anybody's ever got, biggest tax cuts. And that's why you look at the market -- we just hit over 25,000. We're back where we were, right?"

February 26 2019
Trump said in a tweet, “Since my election as President the Dow Jones is up 43% and the NASDAQ Composite almost 50%.” He added, “Great news for your 401(k)s as they continue to grow. We are bringing back America faster than anyone thought possible!”

April 10 2020
President Donald Trump took to Twitter on Friday to talk up gains in the stock market as Americans continue to die from the Covid-19 global pandemic. The President touted major gains that he framed as historic, ignoring the recent historic losses.

“This week, in only 4 days, we had the biggest Stock Market increase since 1974,” Trump wrote.

December 17, 2020
More than 307,600 deaths in the U.S. have been recorded since the start of the pandemic. Total documented infections of coronavirus exceeded 17 million individuals as of Thursday.

President Donald Trump, however, didn’t seem fazed by the grim numbers. On the day after the largest death toll in a 24-hour period was recorded, he bragged on Twitter about the stock market, and did what could be described as a premature victory lap about vaccines for the virus.

“All-time Stock Market high,” Trump wrote in a tweet on Thursday morning. “The Vaccine and the Vaccine rollout are getting the best of reviews. Moving along really well. Get those ‘shots’ everyone!”
yet Biden returns are 1/4 of Trump by percentage

Forum List

Back