Cramer says hot CPI data may not reflect the reality of inflation, citing trends in key categories

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

CNBC’s Jim Cramer questioned whether the hotter-than-expected consumer price index data accurately represents the state of inflation, saying Wall Street’s wave of selling on Wednesday could have been a mistake.

“Trillions of dollars were indeed lost today under the assumption that inflation’s way hotter than we thought, and after examining the numbers underneath, considering the companies involved and the prices they charge, I think that may not be true,” he said. “These headline CPI numbers do not reflect reality as I see it.”

The Bureau of Labor Statistics CPI is a key inflation metric — a broad measure of the cost of goods and services across the economy. The figure rose 0.4% for the month, which set the year-over-year inflation rate at 3.5%. Dow Jones economists had expected a 0.3% increase, or a 3.4% rate for the year.

Sure, sure, just turn the chart upside down and everything is just fine.

Remember, this is the guy who said Sam Bankman-Fried was the new JP Morgan!
Cramer is an actor/entertainer playing a role as a financial expert. He's laughing all the way to the bank.

As long as you preface what he says with 'Big media wants me to think __________' you are good.

The same jackass who said Bear Stearns was just peachy....One of the leading pom-pom bois for bailout nation.

The dude is a complete douchebag...

cramer3.jpg

CNBC’s Jim Cramer questioned whether the hotter-than-expected consumer price index data accurately represents the state of inflation, saying Wall Street’s wave of selling on Wednesday could have been a mistake.

“Trillions of dollars were indeed lost today under the assumption that inflation’s way hotter than we thought, and after examining the numbers underneath, considering the companies involved and the prices they charge, I think that may not be true,” he said. “These headline CPI numbers do not reflect reality as I see it.”

The Bureau of Labor Statistics CPI is a key inflation metric — a broad measure of the cost of goods and services across the economy. The figure rose 0.4% for the month, which set the year-over-year inflation rate at 3.5%. Dow Jones economists had expected a 0.3% increase, or a 3.4% rate for the year.

Sure, sure, just turn the chart upside down and everything is just fine.

Remember, this is the guy who said Sam Bankman-Fried was the new JP Morgan!
Cramer is an actor/entertainer playing a role as a financial expert. He's laughing all the way to the bank.

As long as you preface what he says with 'Big media wants me to think __________' you are good.
I can't take any one seriously who wants to exclude Rent, fuel and groceries....

Forum List

Back