Gay politicians

Isaac Brock said:
Actually, even dominant chimps often engage in homosexual behavior as a means of showing superiority over younger males.

The point is it happens, at most trophic levels in nature, thus not suprisingly it extends to humans. Whether it's ethical or not to engage in that activity is not something, I for one, would care to surmount judgement, but its prevalance shouldn't been seen as "unusual" from a biological perspective.

I gave my opinion you gave yours...you gave examples and I gave examples..
Hoever I still fall back on History 101 the "Fall Of the Roman Empire" The end came fast when homosexuality was not only accepted... but encouraged...end of story...Have a nice night Professor!

archangel said:
I never suggested that we as human beings terminate the homosexual community...I just referenced the zoology and animal bilogy aspect as it relates to nature...so by your referencing the "Matthew Shepard" case is a moot and bias point to say the least...like the gay community does not have cold blooded killers...but since you brought up the issue I will counter with the fact that acceptance on a grand scale was tried historically...and it failed miserably..ie:The Roman Empire... circa..." Emperor Calligula"..It was the finish of the Roman Empire as a great nation! I am really tired of these tired arguments...assuming that those who oppose homosexuality are biggots and religious nuts...when in fact nature herself discrimiates against this behavoir!

LOL - Where to start. Okay. I never suggested that you are a bigot and religious nut. Let's not make this personal. Gays kill people. heterosexuals kill people. The Roman Empire and Calligula had more than homosexuality. Many variables could have accounted for their downfall. You mention that nature discriminates against homosexual behavior. Does that mean that we are to only do things that are natural? Please support the outlawing of cigarettes then. I find that behavior to be very distasteful and unnatural (it is even unhealthy to the casual observer).

Isaac Brock said:
Actually, even dominant chimps often engage in homosexual behavior as a means of showing superiority over younger males.

The point is it happens, at most trophic levels in nature, thus not suprisingly it extends to humans. Whether it's ethical or not to engage in that activity is not something, I for one, would care to surmount judgement, but its prevalance shouldn't been seen as "unusual" from a biological perspective.

I gave my opinion you gave yours...I gave examples and so did you...However I fall back on History 101 for the coup de gra...The Roman Empire took it's final blow when homosexuality was not only tolerated but encouraged...see "Calligula" Have a nice night professor!

Mr. P said:
Yeah, permanently change my eye color, will ya? Can't do it? I rest.
Gosh those facts.. :poop:

Comparing eye color to sexual preference is not a fair comparison.

It's cool though...we'll believe what we want. There are hundreds of people who will agree with each one of us.

archangel said:
I gave my opinion you gave yours...I gave examples and so did you...However I fall back on History 101 for the coup de gra...The Roman Empire took it's final blow when homosexuality was not only tolerated but encouraged...see "Calligula" Have a nice night professor!

I would still very much like to see linked information for your examples. I'd be happy to share mine. It's just that I've never heard your claims before.

(BTW I'd say the Roman Empire fell due to those nasty foreigners too the east, over-expansion without consoldating rule and fighting a N-front war, but sure sexual preferance, why not.)

mattskramer said:
LOL - Where to start. Okay. I never suggested that you are a bigot and religious nut. Let's not make this personal. Gays kill people. heterosexuals kill people. The Roman Empire and Calligula had more than homosexuality. Many variables could have accounted for their downfall. You mention that nature discriminates against homosexual behavior. Does that mean that we are to only do things that are natural? Please support the outlawing of cigarettes then. I find that behavior to be very distasteful and unnatural (it is even unhealthy to the casual observer).

Now your argument is against smokers? Damn better talk to the pot heads they claim marijuana is natural as well as the tobacco smokers..I'm not going to go down this rediculous diatribe of yours!

Isaac Brock said:
I would still very much like to see linked information for your examples. I'd be happy to share mine. It's just that I've never heard your claims before.

(BTW I'd say the Roman Empire fell due to those nasty foreigners too the east, over-expansion without consoldating rule and fighting a N-front war, but sure sexual preferance, why not.)

Why is it when a opinion is given the argument always comes back to gimma a link...links are nothing more than anothers opinion or study...The information I gave you is from memory... from college course taken many years ago...I have a good memory...seems to be something people lack today!
But I'm sure if ya google studies on homosexuality amongst animals you will find the opinion and examples I gave amongst the studies...This also applies to History 101"Roman Empire" decline "Calligula" era!

archangel said:
Now your argument is against smokers? Damn better talk to the pot heads they claim marijuana is natural as well as the tobacco smokers..I'm not going to go down this rediculous diatribe of yours!

No. You implied that you support natural law as a reason to oppose homosexuality. I just wanted to find out how intellectually honest and consistent you were. I never mentioned Marijuana. If you think that we should not allow behavior that is unnatural, would you support the outlawing of cigarette smoking? If not, please explain your apparent inconsistency. Stop trying to change the subject. Anyway, it looks like you chickened out.

mattskramer said:
No. You implied that you support natural law as a reason to oppose homosexuality. I just wanted to find out how intellectually honest and consistent you were. I never mentioned Marijuana. If you think that we should not allow behavior that is unnatural, would you support the outlawing of cigarette smoking? If not, please explain your apparent inconsistency. Stop trying to change the subject. Anyway, it looks like you chickened out.

You my friend are the one who brought up the smoking issue..I found it to be a silly comparrison to say the least...and no I will not support the outlawing of smoking cigaretts...but will be consistent on the continued outlawing of smoking dope...! Anymore silly comparrisons you can come up with...geez smoking cigs compared to man laying with man and woman laying with woman...back to school with ya! :tinfoil:

archangel said:
Why is it when a opinion is given the argument always comes back to gimma a link...links are nothing more than anothers opinion or study...The information I gave you is from memory... from college course taken many years ago...I have a good memory...seems to be something people lack today!
But I'm sure if ya google studies on homosexuality amongst animals you will find the opinion and examples I gave amongst the studies...This also applies to History 101"Roman Empire" decline "Calligula" era!

Well I suggest you give a link, because frankly, I think the examples you are giving are false. I say that because even intra-species adult vs. adult violence/killing is rare in non-human species, unless it is for feeding, let also violence targetted an one behavior across many species.

I am, however, more than happy to be corrected.

Isaac Brock said:
Well I suggest you give a link, because frankly, I think the examples you are giving are false. I say that because even intra-species adult vs. adult violence/killing is rare in non-human species, unless it is for feeding, let also violence targetted an one behavior across many species.

I am, however, more than happy to be corrected.

I can see that this is going nowhere...now you are accusing me of giving false information..I for one never did this to your examples or opinion..just goes to show the difference between a conservative(me) and a liberal(you)
I cannot name the number of times(numerous) that these same examples were not shown on TV in various formats and programs much less drawing from memory...If you truly believe I am giving false info...then may I suggest you do a really good google search...or better yet try the various TV programs available...if ya need the cable fee and are short let me know maybe a conserv. can help ya out!

-=d=- said:
please stop comparing homosexuals with people of colour. It's sickening to have you degrade black people. Black people, mike jackson notwithstanding, can NOT change themselves.
(sigh).

Nor can or should homosexuals-- its sickening to have you say they should be expected to.

archangel said:
You my friend are the one who brought up the smoking issue..I found it to be a silly comparrison to say the least...and no I will not support the outlawing of smoking cigaretts...but will be consistent on the continued outlawing of smoking dope...! Anymore silly comparrisons you can come up with...geez smoking cigs compared to man laying with man and woman laying with woman...back to school with ya! :tinfoil:

LOL - Very good. I brought up smoking. I did not mention Marijuana. At least you actually read. Hopefully you understand logic. Do you see your inconsistency? You oppose homosexual behavior because it is unnatural. Yet you do not support the outlawing of smoking cigarettes. Smoking cigarettes is an unnatural act. Therefore your argument from the standpoint of naturalism is fallacious.

By the way, what do you think of Switzerland. I think that it allows homosexual behavior. It is by no means the USA, but I think that it is a nice country.

Anyway, you're next. I await your next argument for why we should oppose homosexuality.

:p:

archangel said:
I can see that this is going nowhere...now you are accusing me of giving false information..I for one never did this to your examples or opinion..just goes to show the difference between a conservative(me) and a liberal(you)
I cannot name the number of times(numerous) that these same examples were not shown on TV in various formats and programs much less drawing from memory...If you truly believe I am giving false info...then may I suggest you do a really good google search...or better yet try the various TV programs available...if ya need the cable fee and are short let me know maybe a conserv. can help ya out!

The ability to cite information is critical for arguments. If one cannot backup one's points, then I have no ability to determine if what you are saying is true. That good sir, is one memory from college, that has not faded. You can label me till the cows come home, but argumentation has nothing to do with my political affiliation, race, colour, creed or sandwich preferance.

It's like if we were playing poker and telling the table you have a flush then taking the pot, I'm fairly sure you're going to ask me to show my cards before I take your money. By the way, it appears I have a flush, so... ;)

mattskramer said:
LOL - Very good. I brought up smoking. I did not mention Marijuana. At least you actually read. Hopefully you understand logic. Do you see your inconsistency? You oppose homosexual behavior because it is unnatural. Yet you support the outlawing of smoking cigarettes do not support the outlawing of smoking cigarettes. Smoking cigarettes is an unnatural act. Therefore your argument from the standpoint of naturalism is fallacious.

By the way, what do you think of Switzerland. I think that is allows homosexual behavior. It is by no means the USA, but I think that it is a nice country.

Anyway, you're next. I await your next argument for why we should oppose homosexuality.

:p:

To be perfectly blunt...I am against glorifying or encouraging homosexuality...period
Your example of "Switzerland " is actually funny as they even admitt it was a failure(mistake) and is self destructive...now they don't know how to get out of this predicament...So why don't you just move to Switzerland and be happy and feel good before they correct their mistake! And please reread your last comment...about smoking-smoking! As I have told you you used it to debate...I just laughed at it...Have a good night...cause you have your opinion and I have mine...and I will not change!

Isaac Brock said:
The ability to cite information is critical for arguments. If one cannot backup one's points, then I have no ability to determine if what you are saying is true. That good sir, is one memory from college, that has not faded. You can label me till the cows come home, but argumentation has nothing to do with my political affiliation, race, colour, creed or sandwich preferance.

It's like if we were playing poker and telling the table you have a flush then taking the pot, I'm fairly sure you're going to ask me to show my cards before I take your money. By the way, it appears I have a flush, so... ;)

I finished college many years ago..I cited myself...but there are many other examples of my opinion if ya care to google them...or better yet..try a little TV they have college level courses on this subject which will bear me out!
So if ya want to fail me on this diatribe so be it...because you already flunked the litmus test for logic and honesty! And I could care less if you agree with me or not...as I already said you have your opinion and I have mine! Of course you being a mod ya can ding me or warn me or whatever...but it will not change my mind or yours for that matter! :chillpill

archangel said:
I finished college many years ago..I cited myself...but there are many other examples of my opinion if ya care to google them...or better yet..try a little TV they have college level courses on this subject which will bear me out!
So if ya want to fail me on this diatribe so be it...because you already flunked the litmus test for logic and honesty! And I could care less if you agree with me or not...as I already said you have your opinion and I have mine! Of course you being a mod ya can ding me or warn me or whatever...but it will not change my mind or yours for that matter! :chillpill

Hey if you don't want to discuss something far be it for me to goad you. It's not like this is a discussion board. :D

(BTW My apologies, i accidentally pushed edit to your post rather than quote to reply. If I accidentally changed something, please let me know of my error)

Isaac Brock said:
Hey if you don't want to discuss something far be it for me to goad you. It's not like this is a discussion board. :D

(BTW My apologies, i accidentally pushed edit to your post rather than quote to reply. If I accidentally changed something, please let me know of my error)

I don't mind a discussion..what I have a problem with is when goes bonkers and starts demanding cites...I could go to another site and post my opinion...then come back in here and cite my opinion on another site...Because this is all one really gets when they cite another persons opinion or study...so who do we really know who to believe...I use my God given cognitive skills to debate and do not like to clutter them up with others opinions...enough said...have a nice night! :cool:

Forum List

Back