Gay politicians

Nuc

Jul 10, 2005
Sydney, Australia
Seems like a vocal majority of people on this forum are anti-gay.

What would you do if a major politician "came out"? Suppose the president, vice president or secretary of state either admitted to being gay or were exposed. Would it change your support or make you call for impeachment?

This is just theoretical. I am not implying any of those people are gay.

It wouldn't bug me all that much, so long as they have a record that follows my personal ideology and continue to vote that way.

nucular said:
Maybe they would be outed.

There would have to be audio, video, pictures, letters, emails, deposits into bank accounts, witnesses, etc.

Someone walks into CBS today and tells them they had a homosexual affair with Cheney or Rice, you know there would have to be some kind of corraborating evidence.

If they were 'outed' and had voted the way I had expected them to, I'd still vote for them again.

On the other hand, if they wish to make their sex life part of a campaign, they wouldn't get my vote in the first place. BTW, I could care less whether or not a candidate is married, so unless they make an issue of it, I wouldn't know.

Kathianne said:
If they were 'outed' and had voted the way I had expected them to, I'd still vote for them again.

On the other hand, if they wish to make their sex life part of a campaign, they wouldn't get my vote in the first place. BTW, I could care less whether or not a candidate is married, so unless they make an issue of it, I wouldn't know.

Too bad more people don't feel that way. It appears to be mandatory for the President, at least, to be married. What's up with that?

nucular said:
Seems like a vocal majority of people on this forum are anti-gay.

What would you do if a major politician "came out"? Suppose the president, vice president or secretary of state either admitted to being gay or were exposed. Would it change your support or make you call for impeachment?

This is just theoretical. I am not implying any of those people are gay.
Some here are anti-gay, but I don't think it's a majority of folks on the board.

As for me, it wouldn't matter. I'll vote and support whomevers' platform fits best with my political position, be they gay, hetro, white, black or green. Unless of course they are criminals. Last I knew being gay was not a crime, although many would love to make it one. If they don't preform I'll vote against them next time, be they gay, hetro, white, black or green.

Kathianne said:

What she said.

Mr. P said:
Some here are anti-gay, but I don't think it's a majority of folks on the board.

As for me, it wouldn't matter. I'll vote and support whomevers' platform fits best with my political position, be they gay, hetro, white, black or green. Unless of course they are criminals. Last I knew being gay was not a crime, although many would love to make it one. If they don't preform I'll vote against them next time, be they gay, hetro, white, black or green.

Taking politics aside...homosexuality is a crime if looking from the side of zoo-ology and or animal biology...animals in the wild or domestic destroy those in their clan predeposed to this behavoir...also it was a crime until the ACLU stepped in and filed so many law suits that laws were reversed...so the point is so many in here are in agreement that the ACLU supports destruction of normal relations...yet y'all are now backsliding for PC political gain...go figure! :huh:

archangel said:
Taking politics aside...homosexuality is a crime if looking from the side of zoo-ology and or animal biology...animals in the wild or domestic destroy those in their clan predeposed to this behavoir...also it was a crime until the ACLU stepped in and filed so many law suits that laws were reversed...so the point is so many in here are in agreement that the ACLU supports destruction of normal relations...yet y'all are now backsliding for PC political gain...go figure! :huh:
I'll not argue gay straight stuff..on this thread, but one question...Is it okay to be left handed, or is that illegal?

Would it make a difference to anyone if this individual who "came out" had professed his/her strong Christian morals and belief in God?

GotZoom said:
Would it make a difference to anyone if this individual who "came out" had professed his/her strong Christian morals and belief in God?

IF they 'came out' they would be making a statement on their sex life, thus I wouldn't vote for them again, regardless. If they were 'outed' then I guess I'd leave that between them and God.

GotZoom said:

I don't care about that because I am not a Christian. But besides that I seldom take politicians at their word about the subject of religion. Remember when George Sr. suddenly became "born again"? I thought he was attempting to attract the religious right. Religious voters are too powerful a bloc to believe they are not being courted along the same lines as other interest groups.

[QUOTEI'll not argue gay straight stuff..on this thread, but one question...Is it okay to be left handed, or is that illegal?[/QUOTE]

Sorry...I thought that this was what this thread was about... :dunno:
As for (l) vs (R) hand being illegal...sorry I do not get the gist of that one...apples and oranges maybe! It is a fact however that homosexuality was a crime on the books in "All" states until ACLU intervention...and in the animal world it is still a crime against nature! :wtf:

archangel said:
It is a fact however that homosexuality was a crime on the books in "All" states until ACLU intervention.

Are you implying that you think it should still be a crime to be a homosexual (and thus alter your decision to vote for a particular candidate)?

It was also once a crime for black people to sit at the counter (until those pesky civil rights movers and shakers rocked the boat a little).

The Governor of our great state of New Jersey stepped down from office after announcing "I Am a Gay American". I say Bullshit - he served as mayor in my hometown for 8 years, and I doubt there were more than a dozen people who didn't know he was gay. His stepping down runs a whole lot dirtier and deeper than being gay. I voted for him for his first term as mayor, but when I saw what a sleazer he was - voted against him, and voted against him as Governer. Not due to the fact that he was gay - he was just an asshole!

nakedemperor said:
Are you implying that you think it should still be a crime to be a homosexual (and thus alter your decision to vote for a particular candidate)?

It was also once a crime for black people to sit at the counter (until those pesky civil rights movers and shakers rocked the boat a little).

please stop comparing homosexuals with people of colour. It's sickening to have you degrade black people. Black people, mike jackson notwithstanding, can NOT change themselves.
(sigh).

Forum List

Back