Gay politicians

nucular said:
Too bad more people don't feel that way. It appears to be mandatory for the President, at least, to be married. What's up with that?

Perhaps its because less than 10% of the population is gay (despite 1 out of every 3 shows on TV having a gay character or theme in it). Therefore a majority of people being of the heterosexual persuasion might be voting for similar minded individuals. Imagine that. Straight people voting for straight people. How appalling. :boohoo:

-=d=- said:
please stop comparing homosexuals with people of colour. It's sickening to have you degrade black people. Black people, mike jackson notwithstanding, can NOT change themselves.
(sigh).

=d=
Perhaps I'm a little stupid on this issue, you say Black people can NOT change themselves (with which I agree), but can you name me one homosexual who has changed back to straight?

nakedemperor said:
Are you implying that you think it should still be a crime to be a homosexual (and thus alter your decision to vote for a particular candidate)?

It was also once a crime for black people to sit at the counter (until those pesky civil rights movers and shakers rocked the boat a little).

The segregation issue was not settled by the ACLU and I for one am happy that blacks were given equal rights...however perversion (IMO) does not deserve special or equal favors...so if a politician came out of the perverbial closet and announced his/her liking for the same sex and started supporting gay rights marriage and adoption etc...You can bet your last dollar I for one would not waste my vote...is that blunt enough for you?

Joan said:
=d=
Perhaps I'm a little stupid on this issue, you say Black people can NOT change themselves (with which I agree), but can you name me one homosexual who has changed back to straight?

There are many churches who sponsor places who "convert" people from homosexuals to straight.

insein said:
Perhaps its because less than 10% of the population is gay (despite 1 out of every 3 shows on TV having a gay character or theme in it). Therefore a majority of people being of the heterosexual persuasion might be voting for similar minded individuals. Imagine that. Straight people voting for straight people. How appalling. :boohoo:

Another comprehension challenged board member. Maybe we should stick with pictures and skip words. I was referring to Kathianne saying she didn't care whether politicians were MARRIED, not whether they were gay.

Not to mention it is possible to be straight and unmarried, divorced or widowed. People shouldn't vote for them?

archangel said:
Taking politics aside...homosexuality is a crime if looking from the side of zoo-ology and or animal biology...animals in the wild or domestic destroy those in their clan predeposed to this behavoir...

Not true. There are many animal species out there with extremely high percentage of homosexual individuals. Examples include silver gulls, macaques, bonobo chimps, galahs, humbolt penguins and is hardly exclusive. While in most cases biologists have n'ary a clue why the bonds forms, what is evident is that members in most species are not "destroyed" by any means.

Some believe that homosexuality in nature exists to allow the strongest of the species to contine and is a behvioural response, other suggest that it's a genetic mechanism to ensure proper defense of the society with greater numbers, while limiting the numbers of successful progeny in future generations.

It may be done, all, or some, but it does exist

Isaac Brock said:
Not true. There are many animal species out there with extremely high percentage of homosexual individuals. Examples include silver gulls, macaques, bonobo chimps, galahs, humbolt penguins and is hardly exclusive. While in most cases biologists have n'ary a clue why the bonds forms, what is evident is that members in most species are not "destroyed" by any means.

Some believe that homosexuality in nature exists to allow the strongest of the species to contine and is a behvioural response, other suggest that it's a genetic mechanism to ensure proper defense of the society with greater numbers, while limiting the numbers of successful progeny in future generations.

It may be done, all, or some, but it does exist

although you are correct by saying some lower species(Birds) tolerate this behavoir..more intellgent species of warm blooded animals do in fact eliminate those who exhibit this behavoir!...You even alluded to it through your comment......"strongest of the species to continue" Thank you professor you made my point!

GotZoom said:
There are many churches who sponsor places who "convert" people from homosexuals to straight.

I would love to see the statistics on the "results" of these conversions!

In reply to the original question posed on this thread: The sexual orientation of a politician doesn't make a bit of difference to me. What is important to me are his general views on various policy issues?

Archangel -
I really don't get your point. Will homosexual behavior destroy the human species? Some animals will kill members of their own species when those members exhibit homosexual behavior. Yeah. Even though we are more intelligent than are other animals, there are some humans who practice the same barbaric behavior (i.e. the killers of Matthew Shepherd) Still, I doubt that the human race will be destroyed because some people prefer to have sex with people of their own sex.

It does not matter if homosexuality is a learned behavior or a genetic predisposition or a little bit of each. People choose their religion. Let's discriminate against a particular religion. If people within that religion don't like it, they can change.

Mr. P said:
Can they convert a "left" handed person to a "right" handed person too? No? damn..more thumper BS.

Actually yes. I work with a guy who was left handed but his mom and dad didn't want him to be "different." Everything from tying his left hand behind him to getting spanked if he wrote with his left hand.

He learned how to do everything "right handed." He is a righty now..can't do a thing left handed if he tried.

GotZoom said:
Actually yes. I work with a guy who was left handed but his mom and dad didn't want him to be "different." Everything from tying his left hand behind him to getting spanked if he wrote with his left hand.

He learned how to do everything "right handed." He is a righty now..can't do a thing left handed if he tried.
Heard that before..my mom said they did it with me too..I don't believe it.."If" I were left handed by nature I'd still be..

Mr. P said:
Heard that before..my mom said they did it with me too..I don't believe it.."If" I were left handed by nature I'd still be..

So you mom lied to you about being born left handed. She lied to you about tying your left hand behind your back and making you do everything with your right hand?

Why?

archangel said:
although you are correct by saying some lower species(Birds) tolerate this behavoir..more intellgent species of warm blooded animals do in fact eliminate those who exhibit this behavoir!...You even alluded to it through your comment......"strongest of the species to continue" Thank you professor you made my point!

Are chimpanzee and dolphins not of the higher species? I'll call your bluff on this one. I'm genuinely interested on what you can dig up.

mattskramer said:
In reply to the original question posed on this thread: The sexual orientation of a politician doesn't make a bit of difference to me. What is important to me are his general views on various policy issues?

Archangel -
I really don't get your point. Will homosexual behavior destroy the human species? Some animals will kill members of their own species when those members exhibit homosexual behavior. Yeah. Even though we are more intelligent than are other animals, there are some humans who practice the same barbaric behavior (i.e. the killers of Matthew Shepherd) Still, I doubt that the human race will be destroyed because some people prefer to have sex with people of their own sex.

It does not matter if homosexuality is a learned behavior or a genetic predisposition or a little bit of each. People choose their religion. Let's discriminate against a particular religion. If people within that religion don't like it, they can change.

I never suggested that we as human beings terminate the homosexual community...I just referenced the zoology and animal bilogy aspect as it relates to nature...so by your referencing the "Matthew Shepard" case is a moot and bias point to say the least...like the gay community does not have cold blooded killers...but since you brought up the issue I will counter with the fact that acceptance on a grand scale was tried historically...and it failed miserably..ie:The Roman Empire... circa..." Emperor Calligula"..It was the finish of the Roman Empire as a great nation! I am really tired of these tired arguments...assuming that those who oppose homosexuality are biggots and religious nuts...when in fact nature herself discrimiates against this behavoir!

GotZoom said:
So you mom lied to you about being born left handed. She lied to you about tying your left hand behind your back and making you do everything with your right hand?

Why?
No...I'm a "lefty" trapped in a "righty" body. Which is my point..
You nor the church can change that..Same as you can't change my eye color or my gender..so stop trying to MAKE people change into something they are not, just because they don't meet your beliefs.

Mr. P said:
No...I'm a "lefty" trapped in a "righty" body. Which is my point..
You nor the church can change that..Same as you can't change my eye color or my gender..so stop trying to MAKE people change into something they are not, just because they don't meet you beliefs.

Ohhh..ok.

Thank you for your OPINION.

Isaac Brock said:
Are chimpanzee and dolphins not of the higher species? I'll call your bluff on this one. I'm genuinely interested on what you can dig up.

Yes some Chimps do exhibit this behavoir and on a small scale some of their own tolerate this behavoir...however it is usually found among the weaker younger chimps who could not take over the female population from the dominate male(A)...so the younger immature chimps band together and release their frustration on each other...As for Dolphins this also applies..and you forgot to mention they sometimes try to mate with humans...very confusing eh..professor! :eek:

archangel said:
Yes some Chimps do exhibit this behavoir and on a small scale some of their own tolerate this behavoir...however it is usually found among the weaker younger chimps who could not take over the female population from the dominate male(A)...so the younger immature chimps band together and release their frustration on each other...As for Dolphins this also applies..and you forgot to mention they sometimes try to mate with humans...very confusing eh..professor! :eek:

Actually, even dominant chimps often engage in homosexual behavior as a means of showing superiority over younger males.

The point is it happens, at most trophic levels in nature, thus not suprisingly it extends to humans. Whether it's ethical or not to engage in that activity is not something, I for one, would care to surmount judgement, but its prevalance shouldn't been seen as "unusual" from a biological perspective.

Forum List

Back