Gay marriage and ACA ruling don't matter at all

Judicial review

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
Columbus Ohio
We have something called US Congress and the constitution that can put this back in the states hands on gay marriage and as for the ACA just repeal it in 2016. It will have to be done anyways.

Not very difficult guys and gals if you know how government works.

Reversing the decision on SSM will require and amendment at this point. That isn't going to happen.

Repealing ACA is possible, but I'll bet it won't.

We have something called US Congress and the constitution that can put this back in the states hands on gay marriage and as for the ACA just repeal it in 2016. It will have to be done anyways.

When has the Congress ever by ordinary legislation reversed an equal protection court decision and given states the right to resume unequal protection?

• Banned
Reversing the decision on SSM will require and amendment at this point. That isn't going to happen.

An amendment will likely happen due to the countries shift to the right and the votes will be there within 8 years. As for the ACA all we need is a GOP president and now Hilary will have to defend the ACA and she will lose votes due to that and with the shift to the right I predict a GOP President, which is all that is required to repeal Obamacare.

I think this what they call 'bargaining'.

An amendment will likely happen due to the countries shift to the right and the votes will be there within 8 years. As for the ACA all we need is a GOP president and now Hilary will have to defend the ACA and she will lose votes due to that and with the shift to the right I predict a GOP President, which is all that is required to repeal Obamacare.

Nope. Self identification as liberal is at an all time high. Self identification as conservative is 1 point off an all time low.

With 12 states having voted in same sex marriage. Add in California where same sex marriage is now very popular....and you have 13 states. Breaking your '3/4 majority'' necessary for an amendment.

You're deep in the 'denial' and 'bargaining' stages of loss. You'll get over it.

• Banned

"Common sense"

• Banned

Nope. Self identification as liberal is at an all time high. Self identification as conservative is 1 point off an all time low.

With 12 states having voted in same sex marriage. Add in California where same sex marriage is now very popular....and you have 13 states. Breaking your '3/4 majority'' necessary for an amendment.

You're deep in the 'denial' and 'bargaining' stages of loss. You'll get over it.

They accepted it because they thought they were stuck with it. You give them the deciding vote to change they will vote in favor of new amendment. "Common sense"

"Common sense"

Making empty predictions of future events you can't back up and are contradicted by existing evidence isn't 'common sense'. Its you trying to relieve the tension created between what you want to happen and what actually does by telling yourself comforting lies.

Its a natural stage of grieving. You'll heal.

An amendment against gay marriage isn't happening, it's more popular than ever, supported easily by a majority of the public.

Repealing ACA is only going to get harder and harder as time goes on....a bill to improve or change it is much more likely.

"Common sense"

Making empty predictions of future events you can't back up and are contradicted by existing evidence isn't 'common sense'. Its you trying to relieve the tension created between what you want to happen and what actually does by telling yourself comforting lies.

I'm not grieving at all. I'm for Gay marriage approved by the states not by the supreme court. I'm in favor of a legal court structure that operates in line with the US Constitution. Like I said Congress and a new president can change and should change all of this and put it back in the states hands.

They accepted it because they thought they were stuck with it. You give them the deciding vote to change they will vote in favor of new amendment. "Common sense"

Nope. 60% support same sex marriage. With only 37% opposing. You don't have the public support for such an amendment. You don't have the states you need to pass it. You don't even have a congress with the will to attempt it.

What you have are comforting lies you're telling yourself. And while I understand why you would do this, recognize that it they have nothing to do with the real world.

Umm...

Gay marrage approval was in the 20s in the 90s and is in the 60s now.

Jr has a toddler's brain.

An amendment against gay marriage isn't happening, it's more popular than ever, supported easily by a majority of the public.

Repealing ACA is only going to get harder and harder as time goes on....a bill to improve or change it is much more likely.

It's not against gay marriage it gives the states the right to chose. BIG DIFFERENCE. Lol morons.

"Common sense"

I'm not grieving at all. I'm for Gay marriage approved by the states not by the supreme court. I'm in favor of a legal court structure that operates in line with the US Constitution. Like I said Congress and a new president can change and should change all of this and put it back in the states hands.
Umm, congress and the president cant. There would need to be a constitutional convention and with gay marriage having 60% support and trending vastly UP.....

yours is a moronic theory.

"Common sense"

Umm, congress and the president cant. There would need to be a constitutional convention and with gay marriage having 60% support and trending vastly UP.....

You moron, IT STARTS WITH THE CONGRESS!!! THE PRESIDENT WILL REPEAL ACA.

"Common sense"

The President?

:lol:

"Common sense"

The President?

:lol:

Yes, the president will repeal ACA by agreeing with Congress. Congress can't do it alone without super majority. Gov 101.

Forum List

Back