Gay marriage and ACA ruling don't matter at all

We have something called US Congress and the constitution that can put this back in the states hands on gay marriage and as for the ACA just repeal it in 2016. It will have to be done anyways.

Not very difficult guys and gals if you know how government works.

3/4 of the state legislatures will not ratify an anti-gay amendment.

Making empty predictions of future events you can't back up and are contradicted by existing evidence isn't 'common sense'. Its you trying to relieve the tension created between what you want to happen and what actually does by telling yourself comforting lies.

Its a natural stage of grieving. You'll heal.

I'm not grieving at all. I'm for Gay marriage approved by the states not by the supreme court. I'm in favor of a legal court structure that operates in line with the US Constitution. Like I said Congress and a new president can change and should change all of this and put it back in the states hands.
Umm, congress and the president cant. There would need to be a constitutional convention and with gay marriage having 60% support and trending vastly UP.....

yours is a moronic theory.

You moron, IT STARTS WITH THE CONGRESS!!! THE PRESIDENT WILL REPEAL ACA.
The President?

:lol:

Yes, the president will repeal it by agreeing with Congress. Congress can't do it alone without super majority. Gov 101.
Umm..you were referring to a constitutional amendment.

Nice moonwalk, idiot.

Go eat pizza, get drunk and daydream about faceless female userhandles on a messageboard and let the non retarded folks have their adult discussions.

I'm not grieving at all. I'm for Gay marriage approved by the states not by the supreme court. I'm in favor of a legal court structure that operates in line with the US Constitution. Like I said Congress and a new president can change and should change all of this and put it back in the states hands.
Umm, congress and the president cant. There would need to be a constitutional convention and with gay marriage having 60% support and trending vastly UP.....

The President?

Yes, the president will repeal it by agreeing with Congress. Congress can't do it alone without super majority. Gov 101.
Umm..you were referring to a constitutional amendment.

Nice moonwalk, idiot.

Go eat pizza, get drunk and daydream about faceless female userhandles on a messageboard and let the non retarded folks have their adult discussions.

Thread title -
Gay marriage and "ACA "ruling don't matter at all - GT Moron

We have something called US Congress and the constitution that can put this back in the states hands on gay marriage and as for the ACA just repeal it in 2016. It will have to be done anyways.

You'd be surprised. Never say never. You can't possibly predict that. Just like I can't predict they will. We'll see, but the power is there.

I think this what they call 'bargaining'.

"Common sense"

Making empty predictions of future events you can't back up and are contradicted by existing evidence isn't 'common sense'. Its you trying to relieve the tension created between what you want to happen and what actually does by telling yourself comforting lies.

You have all you need to start the amendment process now. But its not going to happen. Control of congress, the senate nor the presidency is going to resolve this issue. You'll need an amendment. And you don't have the numbers or the public support.

And congress knows this. Which is why they'll do nothing but talk.

You *imagine* support you don't have. You *imagine* a shift to the right that hasn't happened. You *imagine* state's wanting what you're suggesting.

Alas, your imagination doesn't actually effect real world events. No matter how hard you pretend.

You'd be surprised. Never say never. You can't possibly predict that. Just like I can't predict they will. We'll see, but the power is there.

Lets just say its quite unlikely.

The President?

Yes, the president will repeal ACA by agreeing with Congress. Congress can't do it alone without super majority. Gov 101.

Oh, ACA can definitely be dismantled legislatively.

"Common sense"

You have all you need to start the amendment process now. But its not going to happen. Control of congress, the senate nor the presidency is going to resolve this issue. You'll need an amendment. And you don't have the numbers or the public support.

You *imagine* support you don't have. You *imagine* a shift to the right that hasn't happened. You *imagine* state's wanting what you're suggesting.

Alas, your imagination doesn't actually effect real world events. No matter how hard you pretend.

You and I and no one knows the public support unless you start the process. The shift to the right has happened as the GOP gains last election proved.

It's 40/60 at this point.

The power is not there - theyd need approval from the voting public which approves of gay marriage in the 60s and rising.

Thread: bigfatfail, just like this giys love life, career and tennis ability.

"Common sense"

You and I and no one knows the public support unless you start the process.

You and I both know that the polls give a pretty clear indication of the public's sentiment. And that the very reps that you insist would be voting are checking those polls. And put weight in them.

And the polls show support for gay marriage out pacing opposition by rather close to 2 to 1. With younger voters supporting gay marriage at around 80%. Opposition to gay marriage is a position with a shelf life. And its dying.

Literally.

The power is not there - theyd need approval from the voting public which approves of gay marriage in the 60s and rising.

Thread: bigfatfail, just like this giys love life, career and tennis ability.

Public support sways and changes if an amendment comes to their state and they know they can make a huge difference and change. Public support based on polls will never stop an amendment. Votes will

"Common sense"

You and I both know that the polls give a pretty clear indication of the public's sentiment. And that the very reps that you insist would be voting are checking those polls. And put weight in them.

And the polls show support for gay marriage out pacing opposition by rather close to 2 to 1. With younger voters supporting gay marriage at around 80%. Opposition to gay marriage is a position with a shelf life. And its dying.

Literally.

See post before this. polls irrelevant

Its 60-37 in favor of gay marriage. With gay marriage opponents losing about 2 to 3 points a year.

What is driving this shift? Old age. As every age range save seniors support gay marriage. And seniors are dying.

Literally.

Says you. And the folks whose votes you're counting on disagree.

Its 60-37 in favor of gay marriage. With gay marriage opponents losing about 2 to 3 points a year.

What is driving this shift? Old age. As every age range save seniors support gay marriage. And seniors are dying.

Pretty strechy excuse. Lol. Nice Try.

Literally.

Says you. And the folks whose votes you're counting on disagree.

Polls like this are irrelevant. Just like all the Presidential polls right now.

Support for gay marriage approaching 2 to 1 isn't a 'stretchy' excuse'. Its the public disagreeing with you.

You simply don't have the numbers. You merely imagine you do....because such comforting lies make you feel better. Alas, your feelings are not the basis of our laws or our amendments.

Support for gay marriage approaching 2 to 1 isn't a 'stretchy' excuse'. Its the public disagreeing with you.

You simply don't have the numbers. You merely imagine you do....because such comforting lies make you feel better. Alas, your feelings are not the basis of our laws or our amendments.

You using old people as an excuse is stretchy. Is that all you got is so very premature polls?

Forum List

Back