Gay marriage and ACA ruling don't matter at all

You have all you need to start the amendment process now. But its not going to happen. Control of congress, the senate nor the presidency is going to resolve this issue. You'll need an amendment. And you don't have the numbers or the public support.

And congress knows this. Which is why they'll do nothing but talk.

You *imagine* support you don't have. You *imagine* a shift to the right that hasn't happened. You *imagine* state's wanting what you're suggesting.

Alas, your imagination doesn't actually effect real world events. No matter how hard you pretend.

You and I and no one knows the public support unless you start the process.

You and I both know that the polls give a pretty clear indication of the public's sentiment. And that the very reps that you insist would be voting are checking those polls. And put weight in them.

And the polls show support for gay marriage out pacing opposition by rather close to 2 to 1. With younger voters supporting gay marriage at around 80%. Opposition to gay marriage is a position with a shelf life. And its dying.

Literally.

See post before this. polls irrelevant

Says you. And the folks whose votes you're counting on disagree.

Polls like this are irrelevant. Just like all the Presidential polls right now.

That's what you believe. The state and federal reps who you insist are going to vote the way you want them to.....they disagree. And most definitely follow polls.

Without their agreement, you're getting shit done. And they don't see things the way you do.

Which is why there is no such amendment.

Lets just say its quite unlikely.

It's 40/60 at this point.
Its 60-37 in favor of gay marriage. With gay marriage opponents losing about 2 to 3 points a year.

What is driving this shift? Old age. As every age range save seniors support gay marriage. And seniors are dying.

Pretty strechy excuse. Lol. Nice Try.

Support for gay marriage approaching 2 to 1 isn't a 'stretchy' excuse'. Its the public disagreeing with you.

You simply don't have the numbers. You merely imagine you do....because such comforting lies make you feel better. Alas, your feelings are not the basis of our laws or our amendments.

You using old people as an excuse is stretchy. Is that all you got is so very premature polls?

Opposition to gay marriage is concerntrated among old folks. Every other demo has a majority support for same sex marriage. With support in the under 25 crowd being 80%. Even among young republicans, its 60%.

You simply don't have the numbers. And you can't 'imagine' math away.

You and I and no one knows the public support unless you start the process.

You and I both know that the polls give a pretty clear indication of the public's sentiment. And that the very reps that you insist would be voting are checking those polls. And put weight in them.

And the polls show support for gay marriage out pacing opposition by rather close to 2 to 1. With younger voters supporting gay marriage at around 80%. Opposition to gay marriage is a position with a shelf life. And its dying.

Literally.

That's what you believe. The state and federal reps who you insist are going to vote the way you want them to.....they disagree. And most definitely follow polls.

Without their agreement, you're getting shit done. And they don't see things the way you do.

No. They will. Watch how this develops. they have been noticeably silent on this issue due to the SC, that will change now.

Literally.

No. They will. Watch how this develops. they have been noticeably silent on this issue due to the SC, that will change now.

Says you. You're offering us baseless predictions of future events backed by your imagination.

You don't actually know what you're talking about.

Lets just say its quite unlikely.

Its 60-37 in favor of gay marriage. With gay marriage opponents losing about 2 to 3 points a year.

What is driving this shift? Old age. As every age range save seniors support gay marriage. And seniors are dying.

Support for gay marriage approaching 2 to 1 isn't a 'stretchy' excuse'. Its the public disagreeing with you.

You simply don't have the numbers. You merely imagine you do....because such comforting lies make you feel better. Alas, your feelings are not the basis of our laws or our amendments.

You using old people as an excuse is stretchy. Is that all you got is so very premature polls?
Premature to what?

The issue has been at the table and polled for YEARS, you illiterate.

The trend is that those left opposed to gay marriage --in these polls-- are the elderly.

The young support it - the vast majority - and coupling the young WITH the old, 60+% support it.

Where does your data come from, a magic 8 ball?

Stop acting like youre fucking 5, face reality and be a god damned man for once.

Opposition to gay marriage is concerntrated among old folks. Every other demo has a majority support for same sex marriage. With support in the under 25 crowd being 80%. Even among young republicans, its 60%.

Young republicans mature and realize that hey I can stick to my guns here and vote for this change that I do believe in but never thought this vote would come to me and vote in favor of the amendment. Bottom Line - the 60% you are talking about with young republicans is because they don't see another option. they see it as destined.

Young republicans mature and realize that hey I can stick to my guns here and vote for this change that I do believe in but never thought this vote would come to me and vote in favor of the amendment.

Says you pretending you know the future and ignoring what these people say of their own beliefs. With you claiming to speak for their 'future selves'. But you can't actually back any of that up with evidence. Merely your bargaining and denial.

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Bottom Line - the 60% you are talking about with young republicans is because they don't see another option. they see it as destined.

Bottom line, its 80% for folks under 25 and 60% among republicans under 30. You don't have the numbers. All demos are shifting toward greater acceptance of gay marriage. With republicans today mirroring mid 90s democrats in their support for gay marriage.

The trends are against you. The numbers are against you. You're arguing your emotions at this point.

LOL - Skylar and GT all my bitches now.. I'm way to smart for you two. Better give it up.
Too* you fucking idiot.

Conservatards really put on a disgusting display of butthurt today....funniest day here in a long time.

I think this what they call 'bargaining'.

"Common sense"

Making empty predictions of future events you can't back up and are contradicted by existing evidence isn't 'common sense'. Its you trying to relieve the tension created between what you want to happen and what actually does by telling yourself comforting lies.

Its a natural stage of grieving. You'll heal.

I'm not grieving at all. I'm for Gay marriage approved by the states not by the supreme court. I'm in favor of a legal court structure that operates in line with the US Constitution. Like I said Congress and a new president can change and should change all of this and put it back in the states hands.
Umm, congress and the president cant. There would need to be a constitutional convention and with gay marriage having 60% support and trending vastly UP.....

yours is a moronic theory.

You moron, IT STARTS WITH THE CONGRESS!!! THE PRESIDENT WILL REPEAL ACA.
The President doesn't have the power to repeal laws. Didn't you know that?

Reversing the decision on SSM will require and amendment at this point. That isn't going to happen.

Repealing ACA is possible, but I'll bet it won't.

An amendment will likely happen due to the countries shift to the right and the votes will be there within 8 years. As for the ACA all we need is a GOP president and now Hilary will have to defend the ACA and she will lose votes due to that and with the shift to the right I predict a GOP President, which is all that is required to repeal Obamacare.
Cons must now live in fantasy land, because reality is just too much for them.

Young republicans mature and realize that hey I can stick to my guns here and vote for this change that I do believe in but never thought this vote would come to me and vote in favor of the amendment.

Says you pretending you know the future and ignoring what these people say of their own beliefs. With you claiming to speak for their 'future selves'. But you can't actually back any of that up with evidence. Merely your bargaining and denial.

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Bottom Line - the 60% you are talking about with young republicans is because they don't see another option. they see it as destined.

Bottom line, its 80% for folks under 25 and 60% among republicans under 30. You don't have the numbers. All demos are shifting toward greater acceptance of gay marriage. With republicans today mirroring mid 90s democrats in their support for gay marriage.

The trends are against you. The numbers are against you. You're arguing your emotions at this point.

The republicans under age 30 the numbers are scewed for them. That is a decision they will struggle with till they get to the ballot box. Polls are irrelevant.

We have something called US Congress and the constitution that can put this back in the states hands on gay marriage and as for the ACA just repeal it in 2016. It will have to be done anyways.

Not very difficult guys and gals if you know how government works.
next thing it will be legal for a spouse to marry another human. like a dude having 2/3 wives, and same with the wife.

I think this what they call 'bargaining'.

"Common sense"

Making empty predictions of future events you can't back up and are contradicted by existing evidence isn't 'common sense'. Its you trying to relieve the tension created between what you want to happen and what actually does by telling yourself comforting lies.

I'm not grieving at all. I'm for Gay marriage approved by the states not by the supreme court. I'm in favor of a legal court structure that operates in line with the US Constitution. Like I said Congress and a new president can change and should change all of this and put it back in the states hands.
Umm, congress and the president cant. There would need to be a constitutional convention and with gay marriage having 60% support and trending vastly UP.....

The President can't repeal a law.

Reversing the decision on SSM will require and amendment at this point. That isn't going to happen.

The longer the ACA is around, the more people will be part of it and the harder it will be for the GOP to repeal it. It is getting closer to the point when the continuing GOP cry to repeal it will become a major political liability, if we aren't there now.

It seems the GOP has chose to be on the wrong side of multiple issues, and thus, will eventually find themselves on the wrong side of history.

An amendment will likely happen due to the countries shift to the right and the votes will be there within 8 years. As for the ACA all we need is a GOP president and now Hilary will have to defend the ACA and she will lose votes due to that and with the shift to the right I predict a GOP President, which is all that is required to repeal Obamacare.

When did the country shift to the right? Did I miss something?

"Common sense"

The President can't repeal a law.

he has to sing off on it.

Forum List

Back