gather your armies!! fuck yea, awesome campaign ad

EXCELLENT!! THAT is the feeling of a lot of us in this country today. Watching these inept greedy sons a bitches tear this country to pieces feeding on every citizen until their bones are cleaned, then on to another. This insanity of letting a corrupt United States government politicians and policies continue on this path is unacceptable. If we don't reign them in folks, we're not going to be able to fight back, they already have us by the short hairs and I am so pissed at their incompetent BS I am getting my pubic area shaved so they cannot grab these hairs any longer. I may contribute to his election, and I don't even know him.

I like this guy! :clap2:

What an idiot. It's not the government, it's the corporations.

It is both as they are intertwined with payoffs, corruption, paybacks and etc.

Sounds like he is advocating treason...

No wonder the rightwing conservatives support him

Why is actually wanting to keep ones oath to defend the Constitution of the United States treason?

Ever hear of working within the Constitution to settle your grievances?

Just because you lost in an election is no reason for rebellion

Sounds like he is advocating treason...

No wonder the rightwing conservatives support him

Why is actually wanting to keep ones oath to defend the Constitution of the United States treason?

Wherein lies the silliness of the commercial. Our forefathers fought because they had no voting voice in Parliament. These morons want to fight because they vote and lost the last election. That is very childish...and like children, because they didn't get their way, they huff and they puff and they make threats.

Wherein lies the silliness of the commercial. Our forefathers fought because they had no voting voice in Parliament. These morons want to fight because they vote and lost the last election. That is very childish...and like children, because they didn't get their way, they huff and they puff and they make threats.

Yes sir. What we have here is some peckerwood tough-guy crybabies - Who had representation - But lost an election. The disconnect from reality in comparing that situation to the Revolution is unsettling. But hell, if you want a civil war, please. Any one of you may fire the first shot.

By the way, I'm also wondering where the "totalitarian government" is.......

to·tal·i·tar·i·an (tō-tāl'ĭ-târ'ē-ən)
adj. Of, relating to, being, or imposing a form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life, the individual is subordinated to the state, and opposing political and cultural expression is suppressed: "A totalitarian regime crushes all autonomous institutions in its drive to seize the human soul" (Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.)
n. A practitioner or supporter of such a government.

From Dictionary.com.

If we're living in a totalitarian state, I'd like to know why it's still possible to freely travel from state to state?

Why are people still free to choose their own line of work?

Nope, you GOP assholes are just pissed that there's a black man in the White House.

By the way, I'm also wondering where the "totalitarian government" is.......

to·tal·i·tar·i·an (tō-tāl'ĭ-târ'ē-ən)
adj. Of, relating to, being, or imposing a form of government in which the political authority exercises absolute and centralized control over all aspects of life, the individual is subordinated to the state, and opposing political and cultural expression is suppressed: "A totalitarian regime crushes all autonomous institutions in its drive to seize the human soul" (Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.)
n. A practitioner or supporter of such a government.

From Dictionary.com.

If we're living in a totalitarian state, I'd like to know why it's still possible to freely travel from state to state?

Why are people still free to choose their own line of work?

Nope, you GOP assholes are just pissed that there's a black man in the White House.

Just wait, it is coming. It may not arrive by the time Obama leaves, but politicians are hard at work at achieving that goal. Bush took large steps in that direction. Obama has done nothing at all to reverse those steps.

Trust me, they are working on it.

Immie

It's not the government we should be worried about as much as the corporate lobbies that get regulations removed by politicians via campaign donations.

THAT is what will bring about totalitarianism.

It's not the government we should be worried about as much as the corporate lobbies that get regulations removed by politicians via campaign donations.

Who gave us the Patriot Act?

Who brought us wiretaps without warrants? Oh wait, those only apply to people who are conversing with "suspected" terrorists in the Middle East. Fine and dandy unless you have a loved one who lives in the Middle East for some reason.

I disagree, it is the government we need to worry about and both parties. Now, true they have ties to lobbyists, but the government is the one with the power although at times they may be puppets of the lobbyists.

Immie

Who brought us wiretaps without warrants? Oh wait, those only apply to people who are conversing with "suspected" terrorists in the Middle East. Fine and dandy unless you have a loved one who lives in the Middle East for some reason.

I disagree, it is the government we need to worry about and both parties. Now, true they have ties to lobbyists, but the government is the one with the power although at times they may be puppets of the lobbyists.

Immie

If you remember, the Patriot Act was very very popular when it passed. The MAJORITY was willing to give up some rights/freedoms because of fear.

Immie

If you remember, the Patriot Act was very very popular when it passed. The MAJORITY was willing to give up some rights/freedoms because of fear.

Oh yes, I remember. How can I possibly have forgotten that? It was one of the first things (not the first but close) that started my exodus from the Republican Party.

My point then was, "just wait until the other side has control." So far President Obama hasn't exercised any of the powers of the act, at least not as far as I know, but neither has he reversed them.

Ben Franklin's comment about giving up freedom for security and deserving neither is still ringing through my head quite often... okay, that is because I occasionally play Civ IV, but still, it applies.

Immie

Bush Jr. and Cheney gave us the Patriot Act and the fucked up department known as Homeland Security.

Because of this spill, Obama is starting to weed out the assholes that the previous 2 idiots put in. Hopefully he does it well, because if he starts to be like Bush Jr., I'm gonna think of him like I did the reformed drunken fratboy known as Jr.

Immie

Well, look at the wrapping paper they delivered it in - The PATRIOT act. Who, other than an America hating terrorist, could be against something called the PATRIOT act?

Immie

Well, look at the wrapping paper they delivered it in - The PATRIOT act. Who, other than an America hating terrorist, could be against something called the PATRIOT act?

Sinclair Lewis said:
when fascism comes to america it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross

^

Some background on Rick Barber:

He is running for HoR in Alabama's 2nd District (basically Montgomery). He is a Tea Party candidate trying to win the Republican nomination (he founded the Tea Party in Montgomery, and ran it for 18 months before stepping aside to run). He did indeed trail his toughest opponent (Martha Roby) by 30-40 points back in February, but made the runoff in the June Primary, trailing by 8 points even though he was out-spent by Roby 7-1. He has continued to close the gap since the primary, and the runoff is the first week in July. It will be close.

The winner will face Bobby Bright in the Mid Term in November. You may know Bright as the Rookie Rep from Alabama who is a Blue Dog Democrat (has yet to vote with the Dems on any issue of significance). The point being that regardless of who wins Alabama's 2nd, the Dems will not pick up, or hold a vote.

I believe Rick will win the runoff, but I'm not sure he will beat Bright in November. Though a Democrat, Bright is well liked in the overwhelmingly Republican 2nd District because he is faithful to his constituents, and votes as we direct him to, which is almost always against the current Administration and the Congressional Majority.

In short, Rick Barber is a rock star here, coming out of nowhere and suddenly having a shot to win it all. A long shot, but realistic.

He is a great guy. A Marine, a successful businessman, and a rabid Constitutionalist. His top priorities are:

1. De-fund Healthcare
2. Better funding for Veterans and VA
3. Removing corruption/cronyism/status-quo from Congress
4. Fair Tax

I am a gun dealer, so yes....Barber has my vote as long as he is still in the race :)

However, if he doesn't win the runoff, I will likely vote for Bright. Roby is conservative as well, but she is actually the one who is perceived as running a negative campaign. She was hugely popular early on, and the shoe-in, until her campaign began to take shape and Barber began to take advantage of it.

Either one of them will have a large task in unseating Bright. He has represented this District well, even though he is a Democrat. He has stood up to Pelosi so often, that she has finally given up on him. We expect Bright to run as a Republican or Tea Party in or 2012 (if he loses) or 2014 (if he wins), even if (maybe ESPECIALLY if) he runs for Senator in 2016 (Senator Jeff Sessions will be re-elected until he retires, and Senator Richard Shelby is close to retirement now, but will serve one more term as he will certainly win the election in November in a massive landslide (he won his primary by 60 points).

I still wanna know where the foreign occupation of this country is?

Since I'm a USN military man, I should be showing up to repel the invaders.

Oh wait..........I remember what is going on..............conservatives are pissed that there is a black man in the White House, and they want their house back, so, they rile up the redneck militias and start looking to start a war.

This is just terrible,

but honestly?

I SO hope you're actually standing and fighting on the other side when the push comes to shove.

The Civil War was horrible, brother fighting brother,

but when your bro is a morAn, WILLING to HELP destroy the country,

I can surely see the beauty of knocking you on your ass!

Unfortunately, by that time, you'll be COWERING on it, and hiding out,

STILL only able to toss smoke bombs amongst us in your effort to keep the truths hidden, 'cuz there's no backbone nor firepower in any of you.

You were betrayed. You were deceived. Kick that crap to the curb, pal, and start DARING to call a spade, a spade.

You libs keep right on stereotyping Barber and the Tea Partiers. You couldn't be further from the truth, especially in Rick's case.

I know him personally, and very well (will have lunch with him again Thursday) and he is a great American. Olberman can play games and be the talking head all he wants, but his (and your) assumption that Barber is in any way encouraging tyranny or armed resistance is ludicrous. He is merely expressing the outrage and frustration the majority of Americans have felt growing since January of 09.

What Olberman, and much of the left, grossly underestimates, is just how angry The People are. This is no lunatic fringe. This is EXACTLY the same emotion and action that took the longshot Obama and put him in office. Matthews and Olberman will continue to portray the "New Right" as a minority, lunatic fringe.....and then sit there stunned and wide-eyed with blank stares when they see the election results in November. Look at the polls and focus on the Independents. They do not approve of Obama (40% approve), and ESPECIALLY do not approve of Congress (high 20's on a good day). The Dems will vote Dem, the Reps will vote Rep, and the Independents will decide this election. They are on the side that isn't the Dems, whatever you want to call it.

It is no different than the environment that existed in the runup to the 08 Presidential Primary. Only this time, it is the other side that is becoming active and getting involved.

And yes, we feel about Obama the exact same way you all felt about Bush.

Probably even stronger.

So talk of armed revolt against a legally elected government is just peachy keen with you people.

Perhaps you should take in consideration that there are far more of us that would react in kind, and see those trying this bullshit hung for treason.

Forum List

Back